Fitzpatrick named Texans Starting QB

Assuming Johnson is in there Fitz will be throwing to the best receiver he has ever had and playing with a very scary looking defense. He might be able to win 9 or so games if the key guys stay healthy. He's pretty easy to cheer for IMO.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised to see he started 53 games in Buffalo... seemed high to me at first glance.

I'm jealous. I wish I could forget most of those games. And you're not wrong, it was high. About 52 games too high for any competent front office, which the Bills certainly were not at the time.

Thankfully that has changed with Whaley's emergence.

Texans name Ryan Fitzpatrick starting QB; Twitter mocks accordingly

New Houston Texans coach Bill O'Brien named Ryan Fitzpatrick the team's starting quarterback on Tuesday.

For some reason, O'Brien decided he didn't need to see anything in training camp from rookie Tom Savage or Case Keenum.

Once the decision was announced, "Ryan Fitzpatrick" was trending on Twitter. Of course, it wasn't because people were wishing him well. Nope, the Twitter snark came out in full force.

Agreed. I did see a bit of Fitz last year...a lot of what we saw in Buffalo. A guy who makes just enough plays to make you think, maybe, just maybe, he can pull the game out...put up okay numbers, but was a turnover machine in the clutch.

Yep..just like my Romo.

Fitz will bring some stability to the QB position. I doubt that the Texans QB of the future is on the roster. They will draft a QB next year but Fitz gives them a chance to be a middle of the road team. Good luck to him.

Fitz will bring some stability to the QB position. I doubt that the Texans QB of the future is on the roster. They will draft a QB next year but Fitz gives them a chance to be a middle of the road team. Good luck to him.

They really seem to like the Savage kid, but he'll need a couple of years to develop. They'll suck with him at QB.

Heck yes

Go Ryan !

Honestly we should respect the man. he never gave up on the team and played his as hard as one could hope for .

Shame on those who badmouth him .

There ya go

Shame on me, then. I hated him as our starting QB. He may have been a class act, but wins speak louder to me and frankly, he didn't produce.