Nassib Watch

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The success of the Cuse Offense/football team that helped get D Marrone hired on in Buffalo had Ryan Nassib behind center.

It wouldn't be the 1st time a system doesn't match a player very well and judging from Eli Manning struggles as of late its possible the problem is not all on the QB IMO.

In case some of you don't know who I am under all these duck feathers its the one and only dog14787 at your service and yes, I thought the Bills would draft Ryan Nassib.

with that being said I really like our group of signal callers and Its an exciting time/new Era for Buffalo Bill fans,

I also can't wait for the season to begin,

Go Bills!!!

The success of the Cuse Offense/football team that helped get D Marrone hired on in Buffalo had Ryan Nassib behind center.

It wouldn't be the 1st time a system doesn't match a player very well and judging from Eli Manning struggles as of late its possible the problem is not all on the QB IMO.

In case some of you don't know who I am under all these duck feathers its the one and only dog14787 at your service and yes, I thought the Bills would draft Ryan Nassib.

with that being said I really like our group of signal callers and Its an exciting time/new Era for Buffalo Bill fans,

I also can't wait for the season to begin,

Go Bills!!!

We can all smell you posting from a mile away duck/dog/donald90210. How are allowed to change your TBD handle so frequently anyway? I thought there was some time limit involved.

We can all smell you posting from a mile away duck/dog/donald90210. How are allowed to change your TBD handle so frequently anyway? I thought there was some time limit involved.

Every 6 months Johnny,

and I'm going back to being a smelly old dog as soon as I'm able ...

Just bustin your little feathered nuggets dogC3POR2D2. Why not take the opportunity to reinvent your online persona? You could start a thread in OTW asking for suggestions.

I'm actually waiting for my alter ego's to appear Johnny,

Donald's Duck's :flirt:

Why is this even a topic ? There are way too many dumb topics on here that have no bearing on our team, season or frachise.

You really don't get it? Considering the fact that EJ seems to be "developing" into a very questionable pick as a Franchise QB savior, it helps us to say "Well, it could be worse", we thought the Bills were going to pick Nassib instead of EJ.

But the thing is we as fans believe there are 3-5 franchise QBs every draft. We are wrong most of the time but we still believe it. 2013 is looking like it was a bad year for QBs but what did we want the Bills to do that year? Draft a QB! Same thing we want every year. You can say EJ was the wrong QB to draft but who is better from that class? I'd say EJ and Geno are the best of 2013, for what that's worth.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You really don't get it? Considering the fact that EJ seems to be "developing" into a very questionable pick as a Franchise QB savior, it helps us to say "Well, it could be worse", we thought the Bills were going to pick Nassib instead of EJ.

Ryan Nassib may not have as high of a ceiling as EJ Manuel when all is said and done, but Nassib knew the Offense and was productive running it. Ryan Nassib is also built like a tank.

So considering the injuries we had to work through, along with all 3 QB's completely new to the Offense its very possible Nassib would have given Buffalo a better win /loss record IMO.

But the thing is we as fans believe there are 3-5 franchise QBs every draft. We are wrong most of the time but we still believe it. 2013 is looking like it was a bad year for QBs but what did we want the Bills to do that year? Draft a QB! Same thing we want every year. You can say EJ was the wrong QB to draft but who is better from that class? I'd say EJ and Geno are the best of 2013, for what that's worth.

After seeing some of the big name QB's like Cam Newton and Andrew Luck or RGIII come into the league and have success early on from a production standpoint, the bar has been set very high.

Myself personally, lets see what players are doing 3 or more years down the line from being drafted, when a more accurate evaluation can be made.

Edited by Donald Duck

I could see picking up Nassib cheap if cut, and dumping Tuel. I just don't see it in Tuel. Nassib would be third behind Thad and rightfully so, but he does know the offense, and could help EJ and Thad in he should be able to anticipate Hacket's offense.

I really don't care, but I still contend we needed an older QB to help as insurance. They were not wrong with this idea last year, they just picked the wrong guy in "Mr. Glass" in Kolb. It's too bad Orton wants to retire as that is a real back up QB. I still want EJ out there, just a very experienced back up would be the right call.

We have enough money to do it. You know we're going to cut a couple of lineman by the end of camp which will save us money.

I could see picking up Nassib cheap if cut, and dumping Tuel. I just don't see it in Tuel. Nassib would be third behind Thad and rightfully so, but he does know the offense, and could help EJ and Thad in he should be able to anticipate Hacket's offense.

I really don't care, but I still contend we needed an older QB to help as insurance. They were not wrong with this idea last year, they just picked the wrong guy in "Mr. Glass" in Kolb. It's too bad Orton wants to retire as that is a real back up QB. I still want EJ out there, just a very experienced back up would be the right call.

We have enough money to do it. You know we're going to cut a couple of lineman by the end of camp which will save us money.

I agree on adding a vet if a decent one comes available. I was not an advocate of bringing in another rookie, but someone with experience as a mentor, etc would be nice.

Speaking of Tuel, I saw yesterday that he still has PS eligibility. Interesting. I had thought he didn't. Maybe frees up a roster spot if they only carry 2 QBs.

Matt Warren@MattRichWarren Jun 14

Jeff Tuel does have practice squad eligibility per @ChrisBrownBills in Fan Friday. Been a hot topic among some at @BuffRumblings.

By my math he backed up the first 4 weeks, played week 5, backup 6, 7, 8, played 9.... Down the stretch he was inactive a few times but the first 9 weeks alone should have him disqualified with any active down the stretch just adding to that total in case I miscategorized a week or two

9 weeks active is an accrued season and loses eligibility, unless he was some sort of 3rd qb loophole or I'm miscounting a game somewhere

Edited by NoSaint

By my math he backed up the first 4 weeks, played week 5, backup 6, 7, 8, played 9.... Down the stretch he was inactive a few times but the first 9 weeks alone should have him disqualified with any active down the stretch just adding to that total in case I miscategorized a week or two

9 weeks active is an accrued season and loses eligibility, unless he was some sort of 3rd qb loophole or I'm miscounting a game somewhere

Here's the link where CB talks about it... of course he could be wrong:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/06/13/fan-friday-6-13/