Iraq is Burning

Now, since Hillary is running and had stated that Iraq had WMD's, it can now be told that YES! WMD's were found in Iraq and some of our soldiers were injured by them.

Only coming out now to justify Hillary's vote to take military action in Iraq and to back up HER claims that WMD's were in Iraq when she voted for military action. A good analysis here: AOSHQ

Click through for the "casus beli"

There were more than a dozen different casus belli given by the Bush administration, some contradicting others. The justification for the invasion was retarded.

But still not as retarded as this continual rewriting of it to vilify the Bush administration. "There were no WMDs, Bush lied" is now "There were WMDs...but they don't count. Bush lied." I'm sure if I went back to the NYT's 2002 archives I'll find the stories beating the drums for war and confirming that WMDs were in Iraq.

The Times has achieved a level of journalism that is almost complete horseshit.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if ISIS/ISIL changes their name to the Syrian Peoples Occupation of Ninevah would that constitute victory against ISIS? And then what happens if they change their name yet again? Is that another victory since there is no SPOON?

This is better than any commentary on CNN at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

By the way, Obama’s ISIS strategy has all but collapsed in Syria

Not too much attention has been paid to our efforts to “degrade and destroy ISIS” in the past few days. Perhaps the White House can find something in this election cycle for which to be grateful, because this Washington Post report on our efforts to use proxies for that mission would otherwise dominate the news cycle. Not only has the US focused entirely on preparing our “moderate” allies in Syria for defense rather than attacking ISIS, they turned out to be incompetent even at that effort:

The Obama administration’s Syria strategy suffered a major setback Sunday after fighters linked to al-Qaeda routed U.S.-backed rebels from their main northern strongholds, capturing significant quantities of weaponry, triggering widespread defections and ending hopes that Washington will readily find Syrian partners in its war against the Islamic State.

It’s not just that they got defeated — some of them switched sides:

Moderate rebels who had been armed and trained by the United States either surrendered or defected to the extremists as the Jabhat al-Nusra group, affiliated with al-Qaeda, swept through the towns and villages the moderates controlled in the northern province of Idlib, in what appeared to be a concerted push to vanquish the moderate Free Syrian Army, according to rebel commanders, activists and analysts.

Other moderate fighters were on the run, headed for the Turkish border as the extremists closed in, heralding a significant defeat for the rebel forces Washington had been counting on as a bulwark against the Islamic State.

Michael Totten says that Syria is gone, and so is any hope of containing ISIS without boots on the ground:

Edited by B-Man

Moderate rebels who had been armed and trained by the United States either surrendered or defected to the extremists as the Jabhat al-Nusra group, affiliated with al-Qaeda, swept through the towns and villages the moderates controlled in the northern province of Idlib, in what appeared to be a concerted push to vanquish the moderate Free Syrian Army, according to rebel commanders, activists and analysts.

Normal, and predictable. Arab (and others) society is by and large still tribal, where people follow strength and back the winning side. It's how the Taleban went from nothing to dominance in six months or so, and why in 2001 the Bush administration gave the Northern Alliance the lead on the ground.

Michael Totten says that Syria is gone, and so is any hope of containing ISIS without boots on the ground:

For a variety of reasons, Obama's too damn blind to the need for actual soldiers doing actual soldiering to do things right. Not the kind of fight or society where you can "lead from behind." Also not the kind of fight or society where anyone's going to take you seriously when you can't even pick a side.

• 2 weeks later...

So the WMD's that Hill'ry factored into her "Yes" vote on war in Iraq were the "bad" WMD's while the WMD's that Bush referred to in asking for approval to pursue the war were the "good" MWD's.... Or was it the other way around...?

Well, anyway, Hill'ry was (and always will be) correct, and George Bush was wrong and deceived the american people. OK, got it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's not Iraq, but I didn't want to start a new thread.............More news from President Obama's "good" war.

Death toll in Peshawar, Pakistan, school attack by the Taliban rises to 126, more than 100 of which are children - @Reuters http://www.breakingnews.com/t/Z9A

Glad to see the Bowe Bergdahl prisoner exchange deal helped open a dialogue and moderate the Taliban’s behavior.

Hey, remember when everybody said Romney was crazy for opposing negotiating with the Taliban?

There is really no need for me to mention the Hillary "we must show empathy with our enemy" silliness, but I will.

It's not Iraq, but I didn't want to start a new thread.............More news from President Obama's "good" war.

Death toll in Peshawar, Pakistan, school attack by the Taliban rises to 126, more than 100 of which are children - @Reuters http://www.breakingnews.com/t/Z9A

Glad to see the Bowe Bergdahl prisoner exchange deal helped open a dialogue and moderate the Taliban’s behavior.

Hey, remember when everybody said Romney was crazy for opposing negotiating with the Taliban?

There is really no need for me to mention the Hillary "we must show empathy with our enemy" silliness, but I will.

I just hope if any of the bad guys are caught no one splashes water in their face. Cause you know, we don't want to be 'inhumane'.

Edited by KD in CT

I'm interested in seeing if the Pakistani military goes into North Waziristan in force and starts trying to kick ass, like they should have done a decade ago.

Al Qaida is ALIVE, and GM is on the run!

FORWARD!!!

GM is full of terrorists who are out to screw Main St. to benefit their Wall St. masters, whilst al Qaeda is simply misunderstood and deserving of respect and dialogue.

I just hope if any of the bad guys are caught no one splashes water in their face. Cause you know, we don't want to be 'inhumane'.

I was thinking we should put them up in Barbados with a beach cabana and all the hashish they can smoke. Because, you know, it would be the "humane" thing to do.

I was thinking we should put them up in Barbados with a beach cabana and all the hashish they can smoke. Because, you know, it would be the "humane" thing to do.

It better be some darn good hash. It would be inhumane torture if they were given substandard highs.

Wow, how low can you get? Taking some attack that murdered a bunch of children in a foreign land and turning it into a Romney love post? You are scum