Bills trying to change state law to sell beer at 11am

A post-game beverage at the new bar sounds like a great idea, presuming I don't have to catch a Sunday evening flight. We should consider that for the home opener (not going home until Monday).

is the bar staying open after the game? For that matter, is that bar selling beers after half time? I know you no longer need to worry about such tvivialities, but for us great unwashed these details are quite important :nana:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the bar staying open after the game? For that matter, is that bar selling beers after half time? I know you no longer need to worry about such tvivialities, but for us great unwashed these details are quite important :nana:

You're killin' me today! Good point -- I do not have the answers.

Maybe they can work on the smoking law next... Maybe deem certain places "outside" of the structure, therefore making it possible for people to smoke there

Whats the point - I think the tore down Hooter Hill for the new store / entrance :D

I definitely remember forgetting beer a few times and trying to by it at the 7E near Sullys lot only to be turned away with sober, teary eyes...

if they want a "family" experience GET the kids INSIDE early and give them stuff to do. let the beer drinkers stay in the parking lot.

I believe this is the thinking. With all of the room supposedly "inside" the gates, they are planning a lot of family friendly activities. And if dad can also buy a beer, he's more likely to bring the family in earlier.

Folks decrying this proposed legislation should consider it's not directed at the booze hounds who will continue to pound beers at their vehicles until 12:55 p.m., or the large groups of friends who use tailgating as a way of socializing 8-10 times a year.

I think the County should apply for an exception. It's very annoying to show up to tailgate, realize you left the beer at home, and there is nowhere to buy it!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_law

Religion

Also WHO the hell will go into the stadium at 11 for a buy a $6 beer when you can drink for MUCH less at your vehicle?!?!

no one! That's why they should start selling at 9 am. Tailgaters who forgot beer. Or at least to those out of state like me. It's not like I can just run home and get some. They could even limit it to one 6 pack per transaction (not that this keeps those determined from getting drunk sloshed, but it will placate some of those against the idea of selling huge quantities of beer early in the day).

Gents, you can buy beer at 8AM now. I am almost positive we have bought a few cases at 8.30 at the Wegmans om Mckinley about 3 blocks from the stadium on the way to the tailgate. This is strictly to let them sell beer before noon in the stadium, which they cannot. I am assuming that also means Big Tree etc cannot sell before noon.

Sadly E, the answer i received was that the bar appears to have the same liquor license as the rest of the stadium, and they will also not sell beer after halftime or after the game. I never knew it was a liquor license thing, always thought it was just the Bills preference.

Oh well, cant see many people in a bar that does not sell alcohol....

If the renovation truly makes the concourse space a place where you actually want to hang out - I think it's a good idea. If the weather stinks in December, etc. I'd go in a little earlier than normal if they had good bars / food / restrooms. Good idea as long as they make those solid.

Gents, you can buy beer at 8AM now. I am almost positive we have bought a few cases at 8.30 at the Wegmans

I thought that about Sunday mornings as well.

... particularly when you can go out to Hammers and have some that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Gents, you can buy beer at 8AM now. I am almost positive we have bought a few cases at 8.30 at the Wegmans om Mckinley about 3 blocks from the stadium on the way to the tailgate. This is strictly to let them sell beer before noon in the stadium, which they cannot. I am assuming that also means Big Tree etc cannot sell before noon.

Sadly E, the answer i received was that the bar appears to have the same liquor license as the rest of the stadium, and they will also not sell beer after halftime or after the game. I never knew it was a liquor license thing, always thought it was just the Bills preference.

I recall years ago at 11:50 on Sunday morning at a Weggies they made me wait (in line) til 12PM

Kickoff is at noon here in Nola and I almost forgot that was 1pm for you guys. For a brief second the thought "wait you can't get a beer til kickoff?!?" Crossed my mind.

I wonder if that's an issue at many other stadiums... They must all have exemptions

Edited by NoSaint

I recall years ago at 11:50 on Sunday morning at a Weggies they made me wait (in line) til 12PM

I believe the law changed about 5 years or so ago.that wegmans on McKinley is a zoo on Game day mornings.....line for the gents head always about 15 deep at 8.30....everybody getting in their constitutional before the only option is the porta potty at whatever lot you are in.

I am positive a couple years ago I forgot the Genny (tradition at a Bills game for me) and we picked up a case or two there.

Edited by plenzmd1

I think the County should apply for an exception. It's very annoying to show up to tailgate, realize you left the beer at home, and there is nowhere to buy it!!

no one! That's why they should start selling at 9 am. Tailgaters who forgot beer. Or at least to those out of state like me. It's not like I can just run home and get some. They could even limit it to one 6 pack per transaction (not that this keeps those determined from getting drunk sloshed, but it will placate some of those against the idea of selling huge quantities of beer early in the day).

If you forget to buy your beer why can't you just go to the 7/11 across the street, they start selling @ 8am.

At a Wegmans in Bethlehem PA, to get beer / wine you have to go to a "special set" of registers to buy it.

Food and booze sales have to be kept separate. glad its not like that in VA

That's anywhere in PA. Not that long ago you couldn't even buy it in a grocery store at all.

Edited by CodeMonkey