2014 Bills OTAs Part 3 (June 9th - June 12th)

@mikerodak

Bills DE Ike Igbinosun chirping at Bills OL today. Just got cursed out by Eric Wood for it. End of practice getting chippy.

@JonahJavad

Defense ate offense's lunch today. That happens tho. DEF tends to know what's coming esp in early stages of offseason practice. #Bills

@mikerodak

Manuel in red zone drill today: incomplete fade pattern, throw away, Dixon TD run, throw away, incomplete dump off

here come the Manuel loyalists saying it doesn't matter because its June

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@buffalobills

#Bills head coach Doug Marrone at the end of OTAs: "We've made a lot of progress on the little things ... we have the right guys"

@JonahJavad

Doug Marrone said he got shot in the chin during Wednesday's paint ball team building. The culprit: Kiko Alonso. The legend grows. #Bills

@buffalobills

Marrone: "There are things now that we couldn't do last year" #matchups

Marrone on #Bills developing leadership: "I learned a long time ago not to push it. I see a team that is coming together"

#Bills captains will be selected by the team, per coach Marrone.

@JonahJavad

Marrone on what the mindset should be: "14 years without making the playoffs. If that doesn't piss you off, what are you doing here?" #Bills

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Of course it does. But Graham implied that he took the team out (to what was a fun day at Airsoft range) as a disciplinary move.

oh, it does. it makes a lot of sense when your people are stressed, tired and could use a laugh. a day off here helps down the road.

i just don't see how that translates into 'i am so furious, the discipline isn't there and we are playing sloppy. clearly the only answer is to give them a day off and have airsoft pellets drive the message home. for some reason'. the latter is what graham seemed to indicate.

And he also tweeted out an instagram video of a joke between Aaron Williams and Fred Jackson in the parking lot at OBD right after the Dareus drag race news came out, implying the Bills had a "drag race" culture going on.

I'm telling you, the guy dislikes his job and dislikes the fans of the team he has been "relegated" to cover.

I guess I (stupidly) overlooked the nuance there. Should have known better.

At this point, the only thing TG deserves is our pity. What a miserable human.

Nope and I don't put much stock into OTAs, but i was hoping to hear Manuel was lights out during the OTAs. We obviously aren't hearing that, just more excuses.

Oh I see...so "EJ sucks" is fair and true, but "it's June and it doesn't matter" is not?

One of those statements is legitimately true...the other is a heretofore unsupported opinion. Although I don't expect an honest an impartial answer based on your posting history, which one is which?

You wanna know whats interesting and I definately see a trend forming with EJ Manuel......

When things start getting adverse....that is when EJ appears to be at his best......

Case in point....it starts raining and his play picks up.....

Saw it in the falcons and panthers games last year as well......when someone needed to be clutch.......EJ was that is when he had his best throws

There are many QBS that go the OTHER way when faced with adversity

What we need out of EJ is that consistancy

im curious how many bad days pro bowl QBs have in OTAs. I don't know because we haven't had one in forever, but I'd guess they are few and far between

Guess being the key word

You wanna know whats interesting and I definately see a trend forming with EJ Manuel......

When things start getting adverse....that is when EJ appears to be at his best......

Saw it in the falcons and panthers games last year as well......when someone needed to be clutch.......EJ was that is when he had his best throws

Guess being the key word

That's a good point John.

I know I've said it before, but I keep coming back to the Jags' game...came off a horrible performance, started equally horrible (0-4 with an INT), and then came back to go 17-20, 150 yards, 2 TD plus a rushing TD in leading the team to a road win.

To me, that said a LOT about the kid and his resiliency...as you say, health and consistency are the keys for EJ.

Nope and I don't put much stock into OTAs, but i was hoping to hear Manuel was lights out during the OTAs. We obviously aren't hearing that, just more excuses.

So it has to be either one extreme or the other? Isn't it possible that there is and has been an in between all this time?

I feel like those situations, EJ does less thinking and more playing, if that makes sense.

OTA's are all about learning - new plays, new teammates - which requires more thinking and less playing.

Excellent point (I hope). What I am wondering is if EJ has shown improvement in these OTAs. I read what Marrone says, and it all sounds very political-- exactly what you would expect him to say. Then, there are all the tweets... which just have me nibbling on the line. The one constant is the oft-repeated refrain, "it's just OTAs." But, as I mentioned in another post, we have no problem crowing when someone has a stand-out performance during the same OTAs.

Is there any consensus on how EJ is progressing?