81 members have voted

1. 1. Who's worse?

• George W Bush
    • Barack H Obama
    • Both are equally as bad

You got a link for that? I'd be interested to read it

No link needed.

Prior to Obama increasing taxes qualified dividends were at 15%

Now for high income earners (36.9% tax bracket) they are 20%. Add on the 3.8% medicare tax the qualified dividend rated is 23.8% which is a 58.6% increase.

BTW this is also the same increase for LT cap gains.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No link needed.

Now for high income earners (36.9% tax bracket) they are 20%. Add on the 3.8% medicare tax the qualified dividend rated is 23.8% which is a 58.6% increase.

How does that tax rate compare to income tax rates for say someone earning 70k a year?

How does that tax rate compare to income tax rates for say someone earning 70k a year?

I typically don't like to compare apples to oranges. So let's do apples to apples. That compares to a 15% qualified dividend rate and LT cap gains rate for someone making $70k per year. So about a 35% lower tax rate.

For someone living in NYS in Obama-care income bracket, the combined capital gains rate is nearly 33%: federal 20% + obamacare 3.8% + State 8.82% = 32.62%

That's essentially an ordinary income rate and it's a disgrace to tax cap gains that high

Oh don't even get me started with state taxes. CA would be a total of 33% and #1 in the country. Nice little map here.

http://taxfoundation.org/blog/how-high-are-capital-gains-tax-rates-your-state

I typically don't like to compare apples to oranges. So let's do apples to apples. That compares to a 15% qualified dividend rate and LT cap gains rate for someone making $70k per year. So about a 35% lower tax rate.

The capital gains tax is 35% lower than the income tax?

That's all you can come up with for Obama?

How about:

Bowing to foreign leaders-

I'm no fan of Obama but I always find this gripe hilarious. This is a small sample of why people thing the right is full of nutjobs. Many presidents have bowed to foreign leaders, you can twist it anyway you like just as most do.

I'm no fan of Obama but I always find this gripe hilarious. This is a small sample of why people thing the right is full of nutjobs. Many presidents have bowed to foreign leaders, you can twist it anyway you like just as most do.

Taken on it's own no big deal. But this was during his big reset button/apology tour.

Okay, I can't argue that. It just sounds like a ridiculous reason to dislike the guy when there's so many legit ones. Reminds me of when people were calling him the antichrist

Wait, are you talking about Reagan, Clinton, GWB, or Obama?

So I guess this is as good a place as any to remind everyone what a bunch of idiotic phucktards are running the WH.

Today's tweet from Barry?

Screen-Shot-2014-06-10-at-1.06.38-PM-e1402420387225.png

But yeah...Bush was the moron.

You're kidding. This was an actually tweet from him?

a report on the local news here yesterday said that in Austin, women earn 93% compared with men, where in Washington women earn only 77% compared with men. shouldn't the folks in Washington address their own issues before being so holier-than-thou?

It was a tweet from him, but his tweets are done by his campaign people at Organizing for America.

So yes, it was from him, but he can clearly blame someone else for being that much of a phucktard...which is something he does quite often..

It was a tweet from him, but his tweets are done by his campaign people at Organizing for America.

So yes, it was from him, but he can clearly blame someone else for being that much of a phucktard...which is something he does quite often..

If I was POTUS and they came to me and said "we'd like to set up a Twitter account for you" My answer would simply be "No". Nothing good could come of that.

No link needed.

I find it funny that people gripe about Obama and taxes - you gripers haven't taken the time to understand what is going on.

Reagan: Average Tax revenue as a percentage of GDP: 17.5 Federal Spending as percentage GDP: 23 :thumbsup:

Bush 1: Receipts 17.6 - Spending 22

Clinton 1st Term: Receipts 17 - Spending 21

Clinton 2nd Term: Receipts 18.9 - Spending 18

Bush 1st Started at 20 went to 15 - 20

Bush 2nd: back to 17 - 20

Obama 1st: 14.8 - Spending Started at 20 went to 25

Obama 2nd: 17 - Now at 23 projected to go to 20

Federal receipts are pretty much at historical lows. The Bush 2 first 4 years are not repeatable as the tax receipts were simply too low. RR - the god of conservatism raised both taxes and the deficit in his tenure.

So how come our taxes are so high? Because in the last 40 years the tax breaks granted to high end individuals and corporations has exploded. This is Dem And GOP legislators giving breaks to hedge fund managers, the NFL, Boeing, GE, the oil industry, the solar industry......

http://thinkbynumber...are-statistics/ Government spends more on Corporate Welfare than Personal Welfare

Additional corporate welfare goes to Walmart etc in the form of the earned income tax credit. Our society has decided that people pretty much need $30,000+ per year to live adequately....if your employer doesn't pay - they US taxpayers make up the difference so you can actually live. So the guy working at Walmart cost us $20 per hour - Walmart pays the first 10 = we pay the next.

The less they pay - the more we pay....

Tax breaks in the tax code are more than receipts now....

THAT is what people should be talking about....but hey BO bowed once....or twice I guess

Edited by baskin

I find it funny that people gripe about Obama and taxes - you gripers haven't taken the time to understand what is going on.

Reagan: Average Tax revenue as a percentage of GDP: 17.5 Federal Spending as percentage GDP: 23 :thumbsup:

Bush 1: 17.6 - 22

Clinton 1st Term: 17 - 21

Clinton 2nd Term: 18.9 - 18

Federal receipts are pretty much at historical lows. The Bush 2 first 4 years are not repeatable as the tax receipts were simply too low. RR - the god of conservatism raised both taxes and the deficit in his tenure.

So how come our taxes are so high? Because in the last 40 years the tax breaks granted to high end individuals and corporations has exploded. This is Dem And GOP legislators giving breaks to hedge fund managers, the NFL, Boeing, GE, the oil industry, the solar industry......

THAT is what people should be talking about....but hey BO bowed once....or twice I guess

Shall I eviscerate this post, or is it possible that you may catch it before I do so?

Bush 1: 17.6 - 22

Clinton 1st Term: 17 - 21

Clinton 2nd Term: 18.9 - 18

I hope you don't make your living in the actuarial or analytical professions.

If I was POTUS and they came to me and said "we'd like to set up a Twitter account for you" My answer would simply be "No". Nothing good could come of that.

That's probably because if you were president, you'd understand your role as a public servant with work to do.

As opposed to Obama, who understands his role as a person who was handed the power to get advanced copies of TV shows.

Edited by LABillzFan