Joe B.: 5 Bills that could be in danger of being cut

What about special teams, Dustin Hopkins, Brian Moorman?...can Carpenter repeat his success from last year? will age finally catch up to Moorman? Who will our returners be? I believe special teams play will effect many bubble players. They have to be versatile to be valuable.

What about Doug Legursky? Was he not the worst starter on the line last year. Should he not be on the endangered list? He would be on mine...

He's gotta be dunski... Between Williams and the Baylor kid, I don't see him having a snowballs chance...

i think this is mostly a list of guys that are endangered of getting cut. Who here really thought Legursky actually had a chance of being in the team? He's 100% gone. No way he stays.

They should cut him right now.

That's a pretty safe list, and I think most of them will indeed be gone by the end of TC. I could also see Corbin Bryant being beaten out by Stefan Charles.

They both play and both will play this year again. You need lotsa linemen.

Urbik should stay.

While Id like to keep Pears around for experienced depth, I think he is physically degrading pretty quickly after almost a decade in the league. I think that will be the biggest catalyst for him getting cut this TC (and probably ending his career).

The thought that Urbik is in danger of being cut is silly. He's a solid player, and even if he does lose the starting job, he'd be a valuable back-up at both Guard & Center. Also his cap hit over the next 3 seasons are negligible. Urbik isn't going anywhere.

The four other players mentioned are definitely on the hot seat.

Though I agree with your assessment of Urbik.....his cap hit over the next 3 seasons will be over 11M, certainly not a negligible amount.

I think Bradham should be on that list too. They have Rivers, Spikes, Alonso, Brown, and then I think they really like Ty Powell (Whaley has mentioned him a number of times in interviews) and they have Randell Johnson who they picked in the 7th round. If those guys both make the team my guess is Bradham doesn't.

I also think that if they don't see him fitting at DE then Manny Lawson could be in trouble. They are going to try him at DE but there is no guarentee that it works. I actually think he has a chance to work in Schwartz's system he sets the edge pretty well in the run game, but if he struggles in training camp at DE then I wouldn't be amazed if he is cut.

Concerning Urbik and Legursky: Both can play center—they are the only backup centers on the team, It will be a battle between them to make the team. Whichever one proves most versatile will be kept, the other is gone. Personally, I favor Urbik.

I think Bradham should be on that list too. They have Rivers, Spikes, Alonso, Brown, and then I think they really like Ty Powell (Whaley has mentioned him a number of times in interviews) and they have Randell Johnson who they picked in the 7th round. If those guys both make the team my guess is Bradham doesn't.

I also think that if they don't see him fitting at DE then Manny Lawson could be in trouble. They are going to try him at DE but there is no guarentee that it works. I actually think he has a chance to work in Schwartz's system he sets the edge pretty well in the run game, but if he struggles in training camp at DE then I wouldn't be amazed if he is cut.

I believe Manny Lawson played quite a bit at DE last season...but I think I only read that somewhere on this site...can't remember...agree with Bradham

Graham and Brooks are as good as gone. FB's aren't valuable. Don't think Urbik would get cut. I'd put Anthony Dixon on the list of guys who could be cut.

do you mean Dennis Dixon the QB?..or the RB Anthony Dixon because I read somewhere, I think on Bills site, that Dixon played both FB and RB and could Could be used as both...also He is a good ST player and that is where Marrone is trying to fill more spots on this season for his friend...so I could see all FB's getting cut and Buffalo keeping 4 RB's...unless Summers plays ST better that is.

Keeping Stability in the O-Line has got to be a priority. Returning RT-Urbik-Wood-LG-Gleen keeps 3/4 positions stable for 3 years in a row.

Then add in Kouandjio and Chris Williams could be a talent influx atleast at RT.

Harriston is a swing tackle and can play LT or RT in a pinch maybe even Guard. If he is healthy he is a must keep.

I doubt you can sneak Henderson on the Practice Squad, honestly you have a better chance at sneaking Richardson on the practice squad.

If Henderson keeps his head on straight all Training camp and Pre-Season and the Bills cut him to put him on the PS Henderson would get snatched up on waivers in a second. The potential is too much, again, if he keeps his head on straight.

So if they keep 9 O-Linemen on the 53 man roster

You can put the following in ink

Kuoandjio

Urbik

Wood

Chris Williams

Cordy Glenn

Then in pencil

Harriston if Healthy

Henderson - If he can put the tweeds down

Richardson if he looks good

That only leaves one spot for the rest.

I believe Manny Lawson played quite a bit at DE last season...but I think I only read that somewhere on this site...can't remember...agree with Bradham

do you mean Dennis Dixon the QB?..or the RB Anthony Dixon because I read somewhere, I think on Bills site, that Dixon played both FB and RB and could Could be used as both...also He is a good ST player and that is where Marrone is trying to fill more spots on this season for his friend...so I could see all FB's getting cut and Buffalo keeping 4 RB's...unless Summers plays ST better that is.

The RB, he'll have to make the team thru ST.

Edited by Section242

Craig Urbik will not be released. He is on the list to get more clicks and comments.

The Rest should have their agent working the phones and find a back up plan.

+ 1

Urbik is their best Guard, and the others guys have almost no NFL experience. Legursky was terrible, why is he not getting cut???

What about Doug Legursky? Was he not the worst starter on the line last year. Should he not be on the endangered list? He would be on mine...

This. I'd cut Legursky before Pears or Urbik, especially with unproven rookies in front of the latter two. Plus who is the backup center if we cut Urbik?

i think they should start Cyrus and make pears as backup. pears was sub par last year and we need to give EJ more time in the pocket. yes there is no porduction grade on cyrus but the guy was praised all over before his injury and since being cleared i think cyrus hasa point to prove and i think he can be a big step up from Pears.