2014 Bills OTAs

Thing is Kelly , he lit it up last year all the way through St John Fisher.

And then hardly saw the field during the season . Reports are that he is faster smoother and becoming a popular target for the QBs.

I think when the pads go on and all the players are active we shall see what the reality is .

This Barden is a possibilty and Kevin Elliot might be something .

If one of these guys are able to perform on ST as well as Easely , the Marcus could be odd man out. I think he is less a receiver than Hogan. Guess its on Rob Moore to decide who the bubble player is that makes it ?

Sure he was fantastic for special teams and i love the kid but ST kinda sucked overall and Bills have brought in a ton of players to rectify that " core"

And with 4 strong receivers it's possible we don't carry 6. Teams go with 5 sometimes. If Watkins is "as advertised" and they believe Williams is walking the straight and narrow they might try to sneak by with a smaller group to try and develop someone at a less stable position group

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And with 4 strong receivers it's possible we don't carry 6. Teams go with 5 sometimes. If Watkins is "as advertised" and they believe Williams is walking the straight and narrow they might try to sneak by with a smaller group to try and develop someone at a less stable position group

Its possible. Where do they stash the reserve WRs then ? because 5 is risky imo . How many TEs ? I see 3 , but you may see 4

Its possible. Where do they stash the reserve WRs then ? because 5 is risky imo . How many TEs ? I see 3 , but you may see 4

Still have some flexibility - a few options/thoughts

1) practice squad

2) sign hogan in November if needed

3) a guy like cj or moeaki can steal you a game or two as your final receiving threat if you have 2 short injuries and are determined to split 4 wide sometimes

I hope Hogan is around again this season. When ever he did anything last season, which granted was not very often, I would do my best Colonel Kling impersonation, which alwasys made my wife laugh.

Your wife probably laughs a LOT in June but not too much in November.

Still have some flexibility - a few options/thoughts

1) practice squad

2) sign hogan in November if needed

3) a guy like cj or moeaki can steal you a game or two as your final receiving threat if you have 2 short injuries and are determined to split 4 wide sometimes

Which Rec are eligible for PS ? Hogan isnt anymore is he ? Barden ? Elliot ? these are the 3 i think are the bubble guys at WR

Your wife probably laughs a LOT in June but not too much in November.

Colonel Klink is funnee all year long KB .

Shultz you dumkopf !

Edited by 3rdand12

Which Rec are eligible for PS ? Hogan isnt anymore is he ? Barden ? Elliot ? these are the 3 i think are the bubble guys at WR

Colonel Klink is funnee all year long KB .

Shultz you dumkopf !

Doesn't even have to be a guy in house today for the PS. I guess the overall theme is there are probably about 25 teams that carry a 6th WR and about 125 guys any given year that are "6 of one or a half dozen of the other" in that role.

Similar to the da'rick discussion last year, I'd prefer something more rare than hogan as my 53rd roster spot.

Doesn't even have to be a guy in house today for the PS. I guess the overall theme is there are probably about 25 teams that carry a 6th WR and about 125 guys any given year that are "6 of one or a half dozen of the other" in that role.

Similar to the da'rick discussion last year, I'd prefer something more rare than hogan as my 53rd roster spot.

So Barden or Elliot or none of the above ? Rare is usually desirable so hard to keep .

If Bills have a gem I sure hope they recogize it and protect him.

Say Seantrel or someone like him .

Ps i was on the side of the fence that said good riddance to Da'rick . No offense to anyone just my leanings.

Edited by 3rdand12

So Barden or Elliot or none of the above ? Rare is usually desirable so hard to keep .

If Bills have a gem I sure hope they recogize it and protect him.

Say Seantrel or someone like him .

Ps i was on the side of the fence that said good riddance to Da'rick . No offense to anyone just my leanings.

While we may have disagreed on Da'Rick I am with you here. I think that is NoSaint's point. It could come down to Seantrel or Hogan. It is much harder to find someone with Seantrel's talent so you protect him and hope to harvest it. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. You can just go out and find another Hogan type if needed.

While we may have disagreed on Da'Rick I am with you here. I think that is NoSaint's point. It could come down to Seantrel or Hogan. It is much harder to find someone with Seantrel's talent so you protect him and hope to harvest it. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. You can just go out and find another Hogan type if needed.

Seems i did understand his point then . I am on board with that thinking .

Thanks . I think Henderson is worth the effort . Be an interesting take on Marrone philosophy and his ability to implement . The O line should be a focal point anyways . we are stacked at quality receivers this year, in my opinion. And should not be concerned over the 5th or 6th reciever.

Still i am rooting for the kid

Yup - it could really be Hairston or gragg even. Or keeping a reliable vet like pears who would be harder to find in October.

Hogan is just so ordinary among his tier of players. Heck if history is any indication the hogan like player available in November could be hogan himself!

Edited by NoSaint

WHY THAT DOUG MARRONE!!! I OUTTA GIVE HIM A PIECE OF MY MIND! Waking up today thinking the guys will be at it today and have updates throughout the day. FIRE HIM!!! ATTICA!!!

Okay.....Obviously.....You should...You know!

Yep, the next round of OTAs are now from June 3rd through June 5th.

Somebody should alert the NFL then, as NFL Net scroll still has the OTAs resuming today.