Seattle signs 6th round pick after he failed physical...classy move

They found he had a rare heart condition that is going to prevent him from playing before he signed the contract, but still signed him so he could get his signing bonus and a year of pay...very stand up move and they said they will continue to help him with his condition and treatment...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/classy-seahawks-sign-draft-pick-before-having-to-cut-him-due-to-heart-condition-234534881.html

Seattles Derrick Coleman FB, "Coleman is the first deaf offensive player in the NFL

Excellent organization that knows how to draft , trade and hire the right HC , and still have a heart :thumbsup:

http://en.wikipedia....erican_football)

Coleman may be my favorite player in the NFL right now, To overcome all that? Wow. Again we are seeing why Seattle has done a complete 180. Great ownership, great coaching, great at finding talent and treating them well.

Taking lemons and making lemonade. Feel bad for the young man regarding his career but happy for him that Seahawks treated him well. Seahawks are separating themselves from the rest of the league both on and off the field.

They signed a guy they drafted after the diagnosis was missed previously and you guys are making them out to be a great organization bc of it.

Let's not make this out to be more then it is. The money is a drop in the bucket for them and was easier to pay him and look great in some peoples eyes then not pay him and deal with public backlash.

Edited by Max997

They signed a guy they drafted after the diagnosis was missed previously and you guys are making them out to be a great organization bc of it.

Let's not make this out to be more then it is. The money is a drop in the bucket for them and was easier to pay him and look great in some peoples eyes then not pay him and deal with public backlash.

Wow....... you're a ray of sunshine aren't you...

But if we want organizations to treat people this way shouldn't we give them the PR boost they're hoping for?

Its also nice he now has access to team doctors and advisers.

i think this is pretty cool actually , PR be damned . i do joke about the team , but this announcement is fine with me even though teams such as the Bills have done this too . albeit more quietly

Wow....... you're a ray of sunshine aren't you...

They did what they were supposed to do and ppl think they should be applauded for it, give me a break. This is like someone being congratulated for paying their child support

Edited by Max997

Its also nice he now has access to team doctors and advisers.

i think this is pretty cool actually , PR be damned . i do joke about the team , but this announcement is fine with me even though teams such as the Bills have done this too . albeit more quietly

Yea - I don't think they are quite as "classy" as an organization as some do, but this is a great move. Ill credit them.

No matter what they did there wouldnt of been a "right answer". So they opted to at least do right by the player. Kudos to them. The NFL teams have PR departments that know every angle such as yours. Edited by billsfan_34

Yea - I don't think they are quite as "classy" as an organization as some do, but this is a great move. Ill credit them.

Well they are no Buffalo Bills thats for sure . But for a team i dont much care for they did okay