Campy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny's weekend was probably better than ours...yes, that is Gronk

BohoWstIEAESX_R.png

TMZ Sports@TMZ_Sports 10h

Johnny Manziel -- CHAMPAGNE RAINSTORM ... In Vegas Nightclub http://dlvr.it/5mrjJL

johnny-vegas-booze.jpgIs that a 40?

This is pretty mild compared to what 99% of this board would do if they just became Millionaires.

The difference between the 1983 draft and the 2014 draft is that you didn't have a flock of TMZ reporters following Jim Kelly around in M-I-AYO on Memorial Day weekend after he signed with the Generals. (Not that Manziel is a millionth as talented as Jim Kelly)

This should be what any true-blue, American 20 year old should be doing if they have the means. Have fun while it lasts, when you're a washed up Bust you won't be popping bottles like you won a championship game in vegas.

This is pretty mild compared to what 99% of this board would do if they just became Millionaires.

The difference between the 1983 draft and the 2014 draft is that you didn't have a flock of TMZ reporters following Jim Kelly around in M-I-AYO on Memorial Day weekend after he signed with the Generals. (Not that Manziel is a millionth as talented as Jim Kelly)

This should be what any true-blue, American 20 year old should be doing if they have the means. Have fun while it lasts, when you're a washed up Bust you won't be popping bottles like you won a championship game in vegas.

100% of this board isn't trying to become a successful NFL QB. And he was already a millionaire, correct?. There is a time and place and he has a TON of work to do to become the leader of this team. It needs to be 24-7. This isn't 30 years ago when there was no social media. He has the opportunity to control his image, and he chose to share these pics. He isn't just any American 20 year old with the means. He has the opportunity to go one way or the other. This is professional football, not spring break. I'd take Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson over this style any day of the week. This is an honest QB competition, not a facade. If he isn't prepared. he won't play.The question is - did he get better this weekend? If he plays this season, and doesn't fulfill expectations, or does not play because he couldn't beat out Hoyer, a journeyman UDFA with 3 starts, lots of people will look at back on this. If he does great, no one will care.

It is not so much the act itself, it was the timing. He was just publically called out by his employer for being behind in the QB competition. He knows he will be followed photographed and filmed wherever he goes. Not really the smart play IMO, during your first mini-camp.

Edited by YoloinOhio

100% of this board isn't trying to become a successful NFL QB. And he was already a millionaire, correct?. There is a time and place and he has a TON of work to do to become the leader of this team. It needs to be 24-7. This isn't 30 years ago when there was no social media. He has the opportunity to control his image, and he chose to share these pics. He isn't just any American 20 year old with the means. He has the opportunity to go one way or the other. This is professional football, not spring break. I'd take Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson over this style any day of the week. This is an honest QB competition, not a facade. If he isn't prepared. he won't play.The question is - did he get better this weekend? If he plays this season, and doesn't fulfill expectations, or does not play because he couldn't beat out Hoyer, a journeyman UDFA with 3 starts, lots of people will look at back on this. If he does great, no one will care.

In summary people that want to become successful QBs in the NFL can't pop bottles in Vegas?

I suspect that some successful QBs in the NFL do pop bottles in Vegas. They're just not stupid enough to do it with the plebeians that have their camera phones at the ready.

24-7 is an image that is fed to fans, no one including Peyton OCD Manning is working 24-7 to be a better QB. I don't understand how taking a vacation on Memorial Day Weekend is going to hurt Manzeil's development.

People brought up the Matt Leinhert Hot Tub photos for years. I guarantee studying extra hard instead of jumping in the hot tub wouldn't have helped Leinhert any more than Johnny Manziel keeping the Champagne on ice would help him. Both of them didn't have the basic tools to be successful in the NFL and had little chance to make it happen.

In summary people that want to become successful QBs in the NFL can't pop bottles in Vegas?

I suspect that some successful QBs in the NFL do pop bottles in Vegas. They're just not stupid enough to do it with the plebeians that have their camera phones at the ready.

24-7 is an image that is fed to fans, no one including Peyton OCD Manning is working 24-7 to be a better QB. I don't understand how taking a vacation on Memorial Day Weekend is going to hurt Manzeil's development.

People brought up the Matt Leinhert Hot Tub photos for years. I guarantee studying extra hard instead of jumping in the hot tub wouldn't have helped Leinhert any more than Johnny Manziel keeping the Champagne on ice would help him. Both of them didn't have the basic tools to be successful in the NFL and had little chance to make it happen.

No one knows if it will hurt him. It certainly isn't helping his image though. He came into the NFL with image baggage from what happened last summer - "oversleeping" at the Manning camp and being told to go home when he was really on Bourbon Street until all hours, college arrest, his own father saying he drank to deal with his celebrity. I don't care what he does on the weekend, but the Browns probably do. They already have their star WR spiraling out of control. He was also brought in with baggage. Now they have the guy who they are investing not only millions of dollars but organizational time and development to be their franchise QB, one they have not had in a very long time. They knew who they drafted, but have tried to squash his image. The timing was not good. He was splashing the drinking photos around social media. That is why everyone is making a big deal about it in the national media.Which is exactly what the Browns were trying to avoid. It was like he was throwing it in their face. In the end, he can make everyone shut up though by his performance on Sundays.

It is JMO and most Browns fans seem to think it is no big deal. Again, I don't see any of the other NFL QBs posting these kind of pics. I'll take that to mean they think it is a better idea to unwind privately. Or if they know other people will be following them TMZ-style, they save the Vegas bottle popping for after they've won something. Bad timing. Many don't agree, and that's fine. But it will be pointed to if he can't make it on or off the field this year, so he didn't do himself any favors.

Edited by YoloinOhio

No one knows if it will hurt him. It certainly isn't helping his image though. He came into the NFL with image baggage from what happened last summer - "oversleeping" at the Manning camp and being told to go home when he was really on Bourbon Street until all hours, college arrest, his own father saying he drank to deal with his celebrity. I don't care what he does on the weekend, but the Browns probably do. They already have their star WR spiraling out of control. He was also brought in with baggage. Now they have the guy who they are investing not only millions of dollars but organizational time and development to be their franchise QB, one they have not had in a very long time. They knew who they drafted, but have tried to squash his image. The timing was not good. He was splashing the drinking photos around social media. That is why everyone is making a big deal about it in the national media.Which is exactly what the Browns were trying to avoid. It was like he was throwing it in their face. In the end, he can make everyone shut up though by his performance on Sundays.

It is JMO and most Browns fans seem to think it is no big deal. Again, I don't see any of the other rookie NFL QBs posting these pics. I'll take that to mean they think it is a better idea to unwind privately. Or if they know other people will be following them TMZ-style, they save the Vegas bottle popping for after they've won something.

This is Johnny Football.

This story could have been written 1 year ago then insert the name of the franchise that drafted him.

The Browns should have known what they were getting themselves into when they mistakenly drafted him.

Manzeil never promised to be a choir boy and the Browns and everyone should only expect more of this not less.

Johnny Football knows exactly what Johnny Football is doing.

This is Johnny Football.

This story could have been written 1 year ago then insert the name of the franchise that drafted him.

The Browns should have known what they were getting themselves into when they mistakenly drafted him.

Manzeil never promised to be a choir boy and the Browns and everyone should only expect more of this not less.

Fanboy apologists are hilarious. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This is Johnny Football.

This is the hard part, right? He just doesn't seem like Pettine's type of player from what I can tell. We all hope and pray in a city that has not seen a winner in a decade that he will overcome the size concerns like Russell Wilson did. I mean, why not? This is why not. Wilson won that job in Seattle by dedicating himself to becoming the franchise QB. In at 6am, out at 8pm. Meanwhile Matt Flynn was there only when he had to be. 24-7 means committing yourself 24-7, not that you are studying 24-7. Just not sure he is as focused as he needs to be to complete a transformation like this, and that's why I don't think people expecting him to be the savior of this franchise are going to be smiling this season.

This is Johnny Football.

But the homeless guy told Haslam to do it! Too bad there weren't any homeless guys to tell him to draft a WR too. Edited by YoloinOhio

In my view it comes down to being discreet rather than trying to draw attention to yourself by going out of your way to let everybody know your every move and everything you do at all times.

I may be guilty of generalization, but I've come to the conclusion that people in their 20's and 30's have a lot lower expectation of personal privacy than do people in their 40's and 50's. And I count myself in the camp of the latter. I prefer to keep most of the things about my life private. I'll post an occasion message on the board here on a topic of interest but I don't post pictures or tweets on sites like Twitter and Facebook. Does anybody really care about looking at pictures of your vacation or weekend? I don't and I'll bet nobody else does either. If it gives people the illusion of self-importance and makes them feel like some kind of celebrity then knock yourself out. As far as I'm concerned most of that stuff is a complete waste of time and it has absolutely no value to me. But obviously my view isn't the only view.

Manziel is from the younger crowd and they have grown up to believe they've got to let everybody know everything. To me this makes no sense but that's just the way he is and I suspect soon enough he'll figure out he's moving into a professional environment where things are done differently. Whether he learns the easy way or the hard way is unclear. Have your fun but there's no need to advertize your business. Show up to work the next day on time and ready to work.