Bortles/Manziel targets of bizarre lawsuits

Campy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused. Are we talking about two much different things on this topic? Bortles and Johnny Football are separate conversations, correct?

TL;DR

Bortles is suing Manziel for sexual harassment and having a tiny penis and Johnny Football is suing Bortles for steroids, AIDS and attempted sodomy.

How many detractors of Johnny Football hated Jim Kelly when he was young? Had JK been around in the TMZ era, I bet he'd have a few photos like this.

Clearly Jim Kelly worked out for ya'll.... but I wonder if he would have tweeted out these photos if he was fighting for a starting job as a rookie? If he already had to overcome a size disadvange and adapt to a new style of play? Would he have been splashing his partying all over social media during his first minicamp if his coach and GM publically stated to the media that very week that he was significantly behind in the QB competition to Frank Reich? Maybe he would have, but my point is that it is more about the timing than the actual partying. Especially when the Browns very notably went out of their way to try to avoid distractions from the national media, and he just went right ahead and created it himself instead, knowing all eyes were on him. TMZ was following him, but he tweeted out photos himself too. Can't blame TMZ.

What would you say if EJ Manuel did this in his rookie year, if it was the same situation and the team told everyone who would listen that he wasn't close in the QB competition after they traded up in the 1st to get him? Would you be impressed? Just saying how it feels to be a Browns fan.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

Clearly Jim Kelly worked out for ya'll.... but I wonder if he would have tweeted out these photos if he was fighting for a starting job as a rookie? If he already had to overcome a size disadvange and adapt to a new style of play? Would he have been splashing his partying all over social media during his first minicamp if his coach and GM publically stated to the media that very week that he was significantly behind in the QB competition to Frank Reich? Maybe he would have, but my point is that it is more about the timing than the actual partying. Especially when the Browns very notably went out of their way to try to avoid distractions from the national media, and he just went right ahead and created it himself instead, knowing all eyes were on him. TMZ was following him, but he tweeted out photos himself too. Can't blame TMZ.

What would you say if EJ Manuel did this in his rookie year, if it was the same situation and the team told everyone who would listen that he wasn't close in the QB competition after they traded up in the 1st to get him? Would you be impressed? Just saying how it feels to be a Browns fan.

I think EJ sucks and I think Manziel will be awesome. I'm not a fair judge.

Manziel is who he is. If these pictures didn't show up, nothing would be different. Browns management is trying to knock him down a peg in public so the media leaves them alone. Johnny will start week one. Just ride the Manziel train and have fun, at least you got the most exciting prospect in football.

Edited by FireChan

As they have already begun to, Manziel fanboys will point out that Manziel parties like a winner and that EJ will never be good regardless.

As they have already begun to, Manziel fanboys will point out that Manziel parties like a winner and that EJ will never be good regardless.

Don't forget that he'll be a guaranteed winner because Russell Wilson.

That is a silly comparison. EJ Manuel is a choir boy. He earned not one but two undergrad degrees, was never in trouble, and is already looked at as a mentor to college prospects line Tajh Boyd.

It would be out if character for photos like these to pop up of EJ Manuel. It would actually be a bigger deal IMO.

These pictures are exactly what is in Johnny Football's character (or lack thereof.) This is what the Browns signed up for on draft day. The media doesn't care what Farmer or Pettine say they know Manzeil's character better than the Browns do.

Taking Johnny Football was a horrible idea before draft day, during draft day, and after draft day. You have a rookie HC that isn't equipped to deal with this and Kyle Shanahan got ousted from the Deadskins because the Shanahans couldn't handle RGIII. RGIII is a boy scout compared to Johnny Football.

There is almost no chance that Johnny Football is successful in the NFL and that is before the, should have been expected, Vegas pictures.