Marshawn Lynch skips Seahawks White House visit

Tim Thomas can suck an egg and Lynch can suck it after Thomas is done with it! You might not like the policies or a certain President but the Country ( in this case U.S. ) that they live in grants the freedom to earn millions of dollars playing a sport in a free country!

I totally agree with you on those. The problem with this country is lack of respect for authority. I don't care who the President is, you can still respect the office. We live in country where fair too many people root against the President.

Oh, bull ****. The President is a citizen, not friggin' royalty. I agree with respecting the office...but you are NOT REQUIRED to present yourself as though it's a royal summons to the throne.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the heat on Thomas wasn't about the visit itself but the statement he put out immediately after(on facebook if I remember correctly):

"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT"

So it wasn't about politics but it was about politics.

Tim Thomas can suck an egg and Lynch can suck it after Thomas is done with it! You might not like the policies or a certain President but the Country ( in this case U.S. ) that they live in grants the freedom to earn millions of dollars playing a sport in a free country!

Quite the intellect I see.

Seriously? I hadn't heard about any of this, but if you're an American and you have an opportunity to meet the President, politics has absolutely nothing to do with it. If Thomas really didn't go because he disagreed with Obama's politics, he's a jackass.

Marshawn is just a moron, plain and simple. He can tote the rock and run people over, but he's a moron.

He's not obligated to go to any event, even at the White House. What caused a reaction from his owner, Jacobs, was not that he didn't attend so much as he felt compelled to give his reason for not attending which were political. There is a time and place for expressing one's political views. That wasn't the time and place.

Mr. Jacobs was the most upset about his absence and commentary. At the event the president made some nice comments about Thomas and his play that helped his team win the Cup. Mr Jacobs felt that Thomas embarrassed the organization. It's not surprising that he was not retained by the team.

So many blunts to smoke, so little time.

Oh, bull ****. The President is a citizen, not friggin' royalty. I agree with respecting the office...but you are NOT REQUIRED to present yourself as though it's a royal summons to the throne.

It is common courtesy and traditionally expected. Failure to do so is disrespectful in the extreme.

But some people don't deserve respect.

Please, save your Rush Limbaugh inspired hatred for a different forum. That man is 10x the man you will ever be, regardless of political beliefs. He is the President of the United States of America. If you cannot respect that then there is something wrong with you.

Why the hell did we let this thread de-evolve into a political shootout? Timmy declining the invite to the White House is such old news... If Tim or Marshawn didn't want to attend, for whatever reason who cares? No reason to call each other names....

Why the hell did we let this thread de-evolve into a political shootout? Timmy declining the invite to the White House is such old news... If Tim or Marshawn didn't want to attend, for whatever reason who cares? No reason to call each other names....

Because we have to care, because not attending The President when summoned should be a federal crime...

if you live in a free country, then you have the freedom not to visit the WH. This is one of the great things about America, you can literally say "no" to a request from the President to visit. This is exceedingly rare throughout human history. Prob under 1% of all people who have ever lived have enjoyed the freedoms we have. (try saying no to Putin, or a King or Queen in the middle-ages).

You are right, and I typically avoid any of the politically motivated comments on this board as no good comes of engaging. However, I find it disturbing, as an American, when someone says the President is not deserving of respect. That is all. I am out on this particular discussion, and I am sorry if I contributed to devolving the thread.

Why the hell did we let this thread de-evolve into a political shootout?

there was no way that this thread wasn't going to become a political shootout. i had the over/under on the first appearance of "liberal" at five posts.

So let's all get invited to the White House. When can you be there to hold my place in line?

Please, save your Rush Limbaugh inspired hatred for a different forum. That man is 10x the man you will ever be, regardless of political beliefs. He is the President of the United States of America. If you cannot respect that then there is something wrong with you.

I am no fan of Rush Limbaugh, and I have no hate for the man. I simply don't respect him, his beliefs or the people who blindly follow. I respect the Presidency and my country, both of which have been weakened while he has been at the helm. Your vitriol is disgusting, the ability to publicly state disrespect for authority is what makes us all unique as Americans. My disrespect is not hate inspired, simply derived from fundamental differences in the way in which my president and I view our world.

It's a free country. I don't care that he didn't avail himself of the opportunity and I don't judge him for it either. There are some days that I might not go meet the president, whomever he may be.

Now Gilbert Perreault on the other hand…...

Says who?

I am no fan of Rush Limbaugh, and I have no hate for the man. I simply don't respect him, his beliefs or the people who blindly follow. I respect the Presidency and my country, both of which have been weakened while he has been at the helm. Your vitriol is disgusting, the ability to publicly state disrespect for authority is what makes us all unique as Americans. My disrespect is not hate inspired, simply derived from fundamental differences in the way in which my president and I view our world.

Great post!