Bills closing in on next phase of teams sale

Can't believe they didn't choose Cellino & Barnes as legal counsel

They would have but couldn't locate the ambulance they were chasing.

I know there is a non-disclosure agreement on the bids (details of the bid) but is there a disclosure on who has put a bid in? I'm sure this stuff gets leaked to the media anyways but was curious.

Edited by The Wiz

Morgan Stanley is what is posted on ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10964356/buffalo-bills-hire-firms-facilitate-sale-franchise

The Buffalo Bills have retained investment bank Morgan Stanley and law firm Proskauer Rose to serve as financial and legal advisers, respectively, in the team's upcoming sale.

The two firms will form the Bills' "transaction team" and are expected to contact prospective buyers within the next 30 days, the Bills said in a statement Wednesday.

Prominent NFL owners say "There are not enough votes for an owner to relocate the Bills in that room" and that anyone purchasing the team "Should be prepared to remain there".

Enough owners know that Buffalo is part of the soul of the NFL and that tearing away a team from this area, much like it was for Cleveland was wrong. I think enough owners learned from that mistake...you don't take teams from places like Green Bay, Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Chicago to put them in places like LA, where people could give two craps about football for the most part.

Money is important, but not at the expense of a shining example of everything that is right with the NFL in a place like Buffalo

Edited by matter2003

Prominent NFL owners say "There are not enough votes for an owner to relocate the Bills in that room" and that anyone purchasing the team "Should be prepared to remain there".

Enough owners know that Buffalo is part of the soul of the NFL and that tearing away a team from this area, much like it was for Cleveland was wrong. I think enough owners learned from that mistake...you don't take teams from places like Green Bay, Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Chicago to put them in places like LA, where people could give two craps about football for the most part.

Money is important, but not at the expense of a shining example of everything that is right with the NFL in a place like Buffalo

Any link?

CBF

Prominent NFL owners say "There are not enough votes for an owner to relocate the Bills in that room"

That's a lawyer's dodge. If you read carefully, they're saying there are not enough votes to actually relocate the Bills to that conference room at a hotel where they were meeting. Secondly, doom. Also, gloom. The trust is cheap. Amen.

That's a lawyer's dodge. If you read carefully, they're saying there are not enough votes to actually relocate the Bills to that conference room at a hotel where they were meeting. Secondly, doom. Also, gloom. The trust is cheap. Amen.

Yes, them saying whoever buys the team should be prepared to stay there I'm sure somehow was really a cryptic, "Little Orphan Annie" secret coded message to potential ownership groups looking to move the team that they had mailed secret decoder rings to...

Only the groups looking to move the team got them, so they now know what the ultimate plan is by the owners...

Something about drinking their Ovaltine too, apparently...

SMFH :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by matter2003

How much will they get paid?

I didn't see the specifics.

That is what I do now, sell small and middle market companies. We get 12% for the first $2M, 10% the next $2M, 8% the next $2M, etc... The majority of our deals are under $2M so our percentage is much higher but the overall commission much smaller. My guess is that they get .5%-1% but that is a total guess. If the team sells for $1B they would get $5M-$10M.

I didn't see the specifics.

That is what I do now, sell small and middle market companies. We get 12% for the first $2M, 10% the next $2M, 8% the next $2M, etc... The majority of our deals are under $2M so our percentage is much higher but the overall commission much smaller. My guess is that they get .5%-1% but that is a total guess. If the team sells for $1B they would get $5M-$10M.

in the 60's when RW paid $25K for the rights, who would have thought the selling commission alone would be a very large multiple?

Bills sale process: An FAQ

This week has seen several developments around the Buffalo Bills' sale process. From investment banks to prospective bidders to comments from current NFL owners, it's been a busy stretch.

If you are having trouble keeping track of it all, you probably aren't alone.

To summarize where things stand, let's answer some "frequently asked questions" about the process:

What’s next in Buffalo Bills sale process: What happens this summer? Who’s bidding? What kind of bidder wins? And more.

Now that the Buffalo Bills have named an investment bank and law firm to handle the sale of the NFL club, what now?

On Wednesday the team announced it has chosen Morgan Stanley and Proskauer Rose, respectively, to run the sale.

Directing that “transaction team” will be the unnamed trustees of the late Ralph Wilson’s estate, reported to be his widow Mary, his niece and Bills executive-VP Mary Owen, Bills CFO Jeff Littman and another lawyer.

On Tuesday at the NFL spring meeting in Atlanta, Bills CEO and president Russ Brandon declined to name the trustees.

In the short term, then, what’s next?