Glance at the Bills schedule as if this was still the '90s team...

I, just for the heck of it, glanced at the Bills 2014 schedule as if we were still fielding the Kelly and Co. 1990-94 Bills team. Its amazing how optimistic I was back in that day. I also considered what players the opponents fielded back in the day. I had 11-5.

However, when I look at it from the team we have now, its the reverse...5-11! :/ Anyway, for those fans who were fans of the team back then, give it a shot! I mean, if you want...if not, well...then don't. lol

i was such a homer back then i had the Bills going 13-3 every year

I actually see the Bills pushing .500 and maybe 9-7 this year...the dec games are brutal even Oakland bc its on the road

i am still a little giddy over the Watkins trade so that could be impacting my usual glass half empty approach i go by these days

Edited by Max997

Denver, Pittsburgh, and Kansas City were the teams they always had trouble with. They play Pittsburgh in pre season and I will give them 2 let down games beside the losses to Denver and KC so I got em at 12-4

Edited by bmur66

How many years in a row have the Bills played the Chiefs? I still don't understand how that can happen.

i dont understand how, 12 years in, there are still people who don't understand how the nfl schedule works.

you play:

4 games against a division from the opposing conference (the nfc north for us this year)

4 games against a division within your conference (the afc west for us this year)

6 games (home and away) against your own division

and the remaining 2 games are played against the teams in your conference who finished in the same place as you in their division the season before, (so both 4th place teams not in the afc west this year)

All depends on EJ. I think we have a top 5 D, and solid O-line and perhaps a top 5 WR and RB corp, so if EJ can play at an Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehil, etc. level, we should make the playoffs.

We were 28th against the Run last season and 31st the previous year. Unless Spikes plays lights out, this defensive front has not shown any ability to stop the Run. I can't call this a top 5 defense until they show that they can fix the Run.

How many years in a row have the Bills played the Chiefs? I still don't understand how that can happen.

It simply means that the Bills and Chiefs have resembled each other over the decade in both play and results.

i dont understand how, 12 years in, there are still people who don't understand how the nfl schedule works.

you play:

4 games against a division from the opposing conference (the nfc north for us this year)

4 games against a division within your conference (the afc west for us this year)

6 games (home and away) against your own division

and the remaining 2 games are played against the teams in your conference who finished in the same place as you in their division the season before, (so both 4th place teams not in the afc west this year)

Thank you.

This has been covered so many times and is not that complicated. This is why we keep playing the Browns every year b/c we continuously keep finishing 4th in our division.

Denver, Pittsburgh, and Kansas City were the teams they always had trouble with. They play Pittsburgh in pre season and I will give them 2 let down games beside the losses to Denver and KC so I got em at 12-2

So two of their four losses wouldn't count? ;)

w/o even looking

19-0 Baby (yeah I stole that)

Sincerely, 'The Senator'

We were 28th against the Run last season and 31st the previous year. Unless Spikes plays lights out, this defensive front has not shown any ability to stop the Run. I can't call this a top 5 defense until they show that they can fix the Run.

They still finished 10th in overall defense last year even with that lousy run D. 5th would not be out of the question with even marginal improvement against the run. A lot depends on how well they take to Schwartz' scheme.

Thank you.

This has been covered so many times and is not that complicated. This is why we keep playing the Browns every year b/c we continuously keep finishing 4th in our division.

couldnt agree more.

if you're a big enough fan of professional football that you post on a message board, i think you should have some degree of understanding as to how the league is structured.

it makes me scratch my head. are there people out there that are miffed that we "have to play the patriots 2x a year"?

couldnt agree more.

if you're a big enough fan of professional football that you post on a message board, i think you should have some degree of understanding as to how the league is structured.

it makes me scratch my head. are there people out there that are miffed that we "have to play the patriots 2x a year"?

Those are the ones insisting that the new coaches and GMs are on the cusp of turning things around every season and chiding anyone that thinks that just maybe we're a little bit further away from that playoff season than Brandon, Whaley, and Marrone tell us.

I, just for the heck of it, glanced at the Bills 2014 schedule as if we were still fielding the Kelly and Co. 1990-94 Bills team. Its amazing how optimistic I was back in that day. I also considered what players the opponents fielded back in the day. I had 11-5.

However, when I look at it from the team we have now, its the reverse...5-11! :/ Anyway, for those fans who were fans of the team back then, give it a shot! I mean, if you want...if not, well...then don't. lol

Back then we expected to win every game but realized that we'd lose 3-5 just due to an "any given Sunday" methodology. Even as dogs we went to the games expecting upsets or watched on TV expecting an upset. We haven't had that talent since.

I'll say that that team would be:

4-2 or 5-1 in the division

3-1 or 4-0 against the NFCN

3-1 or 4-0 against the NFCW

and 2-0 against Cleveland and Houston.

So 12-4 to 14-2 overall. That passing game was perfectly suited to today's NFL.

Yup. What a difference a HOF QB, RB, WR, DE and HC can make!

Hopefully they've finally started the climb back up the mountain.

and let's not forget the o-line anchored by Hull, Richter, Wolford, Parker and even House Ballard. You control the line of scrimmage...you control the game!

Hopefully they can rest the starters in week 15 & 16... Frank might need to shake the rust off...just in case....

Nice !!

I feel like this might be the strangest and most useless thread I've seen in a few days...

yet here you are : )

and let's not forget the o-line anchored by Hull, Richter, Wolford, Parker and even House Ballard. You control the line of scrimmage...you control the game!

Old school thinking still applies .