BN: Despite feeding tube and constant pain, Kelly toughs it out

Punch

Thurman was on WGR this morning--- it should be available in the Audio Vault soon:

howard@hsimon62 24m

about to talk with @thurmanthomas about Jim Kelly and the sale of the #Bills on @WGR550

howard@hsimon62 16m

Thurman on Jim Kelly: he's holding up great. should find out in next 2-3 weeks if cancer has shrunk

howard@hsimon62 14m

Thurman says he's optimistic #Bills will stay here long term. said Jim Kelly opened up to him about his plans but Thurman declined to...

howard@hsimon62 14 mins

get into specifics. said Jim has talked to Roger Goodell, Donald Trump and to his group too. So I guess that means Trump is not Kelly's guy

howard@hsimon62 9 mins

Thurman said he believes the trust is trying to get the best WNY based bid and are trying to sell to people with ties to WNY

howard@hsimon62 8 mins

said he and other former #BIlls who've been approached by different groups will prob let Kelly take the lead and support group he likes

Radiation and chemo can be brutal as i've seen in my family. However, when Jim comes out on the other side of these harsh treatments, he could and should look and sound much better. It's the treatments that knock you down and can make you so weak.

I watched that interview last night...it was tough to see the guy, obviously in so much pain.

What did make a real impression, how much happier he looked, and sounded, when he was talking about the Bills.

I have had a hanful of people in my family pass away from cancer over he last 4-5 years...it was tough to watch. During those times of their suffering, I always wanted to spend time with them, but I often felt like they were in so much distress and discomfort, my company was probably only adding to their discomfort...

I had a brother in-law who went down fast...when it was really in the dire stages, everyone was trying to comfort him, and he, honeslty, just wanted to be left alone... the best times, my sister said, he told her, that last year, was the couple of times during the two weeks I went to visit them, where we just sat and watched the NBA playoffs together. We didn't like the same teams (me Celtics, him a Lakers fan), but he just enjoyed taking his mind off that pain...he was sick to death of thinking about his cancer, and talking about it...when we weren't watching the games, and just talking sports (we didn't have a lot more in common, other than my sister), you could just see/feel how miserable he was...but when the games were on, he seemed so much better...

Edited by Buftex