BILLS ROOKIE NUMBERS ANNOUNCED

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've held 83 out of circulation all these years and put it back in rotation NOW, the year Reed goes in the Hall? No frickin way.

We haven't...Mark Campbell wore 83, Lee Evans wore 83, Mike Caussin wore 83.

I do suspect that it'll be taken out of circulation now though.

Here's an article from a few years back about the subject that may interest folks:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/The-untouchable-numbers/d99eac04-f960-4a5d-b9e8-f67b1b1c971f

Yea, I've always heard it as okay for centers only. However, Legursky wore 59 for us when plenty of numbers were available. And a Dolphins guard wore it recently.

Dunno about the Dolphins guard, but Legursky at least was signed as a G/C, and played some C with the Steelers. The "C only" thing (even if it's real at all) gets really muddled with backups, because there really is no backup C in the NFL who doesn't also play guard.

We've held 83 out of circulation all these years and put it back in rotation NOW, the year Reed goes in the Hall? No frickin way.

I for one would like to see Watkins carry on the tradition of greats like Andre Reed and Dave Moore.

We haven't...Mark Campbell wore 83, Lee Evans wore 83, Mike Caussin wore 83.

I do suspect that it'll be taken out of circulation now though.

Here's an article from a few years back about the subject that may interest folks:

http://www.buffalobi...e8-f67b1b1c971f

You're thinking of Dave Moore, the scrub TE we signed from Tampa Bay, not Mark Campbell, the scrub TE we signed from Cleveland. Campbell wore 84. When I looked it up before my last post, I realized that I had been trying to come up with Campbell's name, but I was at least right that "83" was signed from Tampa Bay.

Picked the ugliest possible WR number. Absolutely hate it. Justin Blackmon also went with that ugly thing.

It'll be easy to switch over old Fitz jerseys, I guess. I don't have one, though.

I was going to mention how much it made sense for him to go with 14, though. Born on the 14th day of the month, the 4th pick in the 1st round in 2014... Wore 7 and 2 previously (7x2=14)

Edited by SBUffalo

66 to Henderson.???

HOF'er Billy Shaw wore 66. I don't think it should be re-issued, same goes for 83, 12, 34, and 78. The guys that wore those numbers were Bills for almost their entire careers. 68 (Joe D.) was a Brown for as long as he was a Bill - no offense to Joe, but I'm OK with re-issuing 68.

Wow there's hope for my old Fitz jersey!!! Now where do I get that "Watkins" patch?

'zactly what I was thinking. Gonna have to dust it off. with all this talk about Reed's #83, S'up with Henderson taking HOFer Billy Shaw??