RD3, Pick #73: Preston Brown ILB, Louisville

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those with a twat, how many Bills is he already following?

and more importantly, how many Bills are following him?

I am curious to SJ13 being in the mix with the Bills players, too, or did he axe some?

Edited by jboyst62

for those with a twat, how many Bills is he already following?

and more importantly, how many Bills are following him?

I am curious to SJ13 being in the mix with the Bills players, too, or did he axe some?

SJ is only following 49 people and while I don't know who all he was following from the Bills prior to the trade, he is currently only following Woods, Goodwin, Spikes, and Eric Wood. And Andre Reed. Also, former Bills Donald Jones and Kelvin Sheppard. He has 1 million followers, so can't tell how many Bills are still following him. Edited by YoloinOhio

SJ is only following 49 people and while I don't know who all he was following from the Bills prior to the trade, he is currently only following Woods, Goodwin, Spikes, and Eric Wood. And Andre Reed. Also, former Bills Donald Jones and Kelvin Sheppard. He has 1 million followers, so can't tell how many Bills are still following him.

thanks, I guess, but I really wanted to know what Bills were still following him. Half-butted effort, jeesh! :nana:

Thanks anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

The more I read about this kid the happier I am about the pick. I thought he was just a thumper but from what I've read in the OTA summaries he's actually been pretty good in passing situations and has a good understanding of his position. I hope he continues to play well through camp. It would be nice if we end up getting a steal lb two years in a row.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

The more I read about this kid the happier I am about the pick. I thought he was just a thumper but from what I've read in the OTA summaries he's actually been pretty good in passing situations and has a good understanding of his position. I hope he continues to play well through camp. It would be nice if we end up getting a steal lb two years in a row.

Yep. And PFF seemed high on Bradham's play as lady season progressed. Might be the makings of a very good and young LB corps.

mayock said something similar when the bills picked him, the more film he watched on him, the more he thought he could be an very down backer.

How much is he actually going to play though? If Spikes plays like we all hope he does wouldn't you want and expect the Bills to give him an extension and if so then Brown will continue as a backup getting little playing time.

I like Brown but I don't like the pick as a high third round pick could have been used on a different position and player that would have provided more of an impact then a backup insurance policy. I wanted them to take Nix who would have got playing time in a rotation at DT or a TE.

How much is he actually going to play though? If Spikes plays like we all hope he does wouldn't you want and expect the Bills to give him an extension and if so then Brown will continue as a backup getting little playing time.

I like Brown but I don't like the pick as a high third round pick could have been used on a different position and player that would have provided more of an impact then a backup insurance policy. I wanted them to take Nix who would have got playing time in a rotation at DT or a TE.

It's early so it's all speculation, but if Brown stays on the course he is reportedly on, he could end up being the nickel backer alongside Kiko meaning he'll see a decent amount of playing time. Ideally, if Brown plays well and gets better as the year goes on, next year he could be a starting 3 down MLB for us. Spikes has struggled against the pass and generally comes off the field in passing situations so if the tradeoff is a guy who isn't quite as good against the run but can play both run and pass pretty well, I'd take that every time.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Very good pick .

And its starting to show I suppose.

But be warned Spikes is going to tear it up and not just on 1st and 2nd down or situational. Its getting crowded with quality at LB for the first time since.........

Also, don't forget Spikes is on a one-year deal. If he tears it up, he'll want a boatload of money next year. Maybe we pay, maybe not. Or maybe he struggles. Either way, Brown gets a year to get comfortable in this defense, and possibly has the talent to replace Spikes either because he wants too much money, or he doesn't live up to standards.

I think Preston Brown is a system pick. Schwartz knows exactly what he can do and how he will use him. Nix is a decent player but he is a better fit for a 3-4 defense. He's hurt already too, I think.

Preston Brown is a hell of a pick .

Because .

But system pick ?

Preston Brown is a hell of a pick .

Because .

But system pick ?

Meaning... for those who may consider him a reach early in the 3rd as was mentioned or that there were other players on the board who could have a more immediate impact... team draft boards can vary wildly, obviously, once you get past the 1st 2 rounds especially. And that is because each team is drafting per their own offensive and defensive systems. Once you get past the best of the best in the draft you want to make sure that the guys you are bringing in will still contribute and that is based on where and how they will play in that scheme. Anyone they drafted the coaches already told the scouting dept. how they are going to use them and why they want them. Why you see teams trade up for guys, and wonder why they just had to have that player. That is why continuity in coaching is usually so instrumental in building a team.

Meaning... for those who may consider him a reach early in the 3rd as was mentioned or that there were other players on the board who could have a more immediate impact... team draft boards can vary wildly, obviously, once you get past the 1st 2 rounds especially. And that is because each team is drafting per their own offensive and defensive systems. Once you get past the best of the best in the draft you want to make sure that the guys you are bringing in will still contribute and that is based on where and how they will play in that scheme. Anyone they drafted the coaches already told the scouting dept. how they are going to use them and why they want them. Why you see teams trade up for guys, and wonder why they just had to have that player. That is why continuity in coaching is usually so instrumental in building a team.

Well , they did do alright in getting this guy . Bills played smart as an obvious card in the sleeve depending on Brandon Spikes this year and more importantly next year. We have MLB depth ! Hurrah

Imagine the day we fans could say such a wondrous phrase .

Preston Brown , and I think i will add Kenny Ladler to my radar this offseason..

Well , they did do alright in getting this guy . Bills played smart as an obvious card in the sleeve depending on Brandon Spikes this year and more importantly next year. We have MLB depth ! Hurrah

Imagine the day we fans could say such a wondrous phrase .

Preston Brown , and I think i will add Kenny Ladler to my radar this offseason..

P Brown i seems to be a BPA player you find a spot for . After the draft i really had to read up what i could on him. That started to make me see some light in this kid