Pick the Bills #1 Pick

Its finally here, so on this day, a simple thread - You're the GM, make the Bills pick. And give a brief one sentence explanation.

And I'll go first . . .

Eric Ebron (TE) - After all is said and done, the top OT's & WR's will be gone, so go with the difference maker.

Edited by CSBill

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills front office does something correct for once and doesnt offer up the kings ransom to move up to 1 or 2. They stay pat, with watkins, evans, robinson and mathews gone they elect to go with Taylor Lewan (OT) - Michigan.

Trade back with Cleveland and pick up their later first, second and third round picks. Select BPA.

Cleveland selects Johnny Manziel and a stud OT with their two picks and basically calls it the draft.

Edited by agardin

Bills front office does something correct for once and doesnt offer up the kings ransom to move up to 1 or 2. They stay pat, with watkins, evans, robinson and mathews gone they elect to go with Taylor Lewan (OT) - Michigan.

For once? This would actually be the time where moving up is the right thing to do, not standing pat OR trading down.

If they stay at #9 and one of the top 3 OT's are there that is how they will go. Bottom line football 101 says you gotta have a great line. Did you see Payton manning get his ass kicked in the superbowl? Two Bookend tackles for at least 5 years is the way to go period!

I like Evans, not sold on Ebron and I do not like who Ebron signed with agent wise. WR is a deep so If we go WR it will be in round 2 same with TE.

I still want more talent at the other DE position as well as more talent at Safety.

If they stay at 9, Zack Martin

If they trade down, Eric Ebron or Odell Beckham

I may be wrong, but I don't see them moving up in R1.

To me Martin is not good value at #9. Trade down a few slots, pick up a 2nd rounder then take him.

You don't win guessing games by being safe, so here's my splash pick: We send Stevie home, with pick #9, and take Evans at #5. Oakland takes Ebron or Martin at #9.

Edited by pafan

Trade back with the Cowboys. We take Marqise Lee at 16. Marrone saw first hand the what an elite combo Woods and Lee can be back in 2012. Plus, there was talk around last year's draft that Lee was a once a generation talent.

I agree

To me Martin is not good value at #9. Trade down a few slots, pick up a 2nd rounder then take him.

That would be ideal, but I think there's a high risk of losing him if you trade back. The Giants are good possibility to take him at 12 and the Dolphins might have interest in trading up to get him. If I were sold on him, and honestly, I'm more sold on Martin than any of the players likely available at 9, I'd just go ahead and make the pick.

If they stay at 9, Zack Martin

If they trade down, Eric Ebron or Odell Beckham

I may be wrong, but I don't see them moving up in R1.

+1. I can't put it any better than that.

Did I see Anthony Carr above? Is he related to Derek Barr?

Martin can play all 5 positions and played a ton of games for ND. Not a sexy pick, but pretty safe.

That would be ideal, but I think there's a high risk of losing him if you trade back. The Giants are good possibility to take him at 12 and the Dolphins might have interest in trading up to get him. If I were sold on him, and honestly, I'm more sold on Martin than any of the players likely available at 9, I'd just go ahead and make the pick.

agreed Brandon, i think the pick is Martin unless Matthews is somehow there for us (he wont be)

1st Jake Matthews because other teams trade up ahead of the Bills to select "skill" position players. 2nd rd. Donte Moncrief, WR - surround EJ with as much talent on offense as possible and Moncrief is as talented as any receiver in the 2nd rd. In DW we trust.