Got a link?

Can anyone provide a link to one of their posts prior to the 2013 draft weekend that even mentioned Kiko Alonso as a possible draft target of the Bills?

His selection makes me wonder who the next off-the-radar (ala Jairus Byrd) star will be.

Can anyone provide a link to one of their posts prior to the 2013 draft weekend that even mentioned Kiko Alonso as a possible draft target of the Bills?

His selection makes me wonder who the next off-the-radar (ala Jairus Byrd) star will be.

Is this "off the radar" enough for you?? Book it.5021d93eda81f.preview-620.jpghttp://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-school/football/griffith-munster-varsity-football-players-accept-their-female-teammates/article_6a63b7b4-0821-599e-87ed-364f9e28979e.html

I don't remember anyone talking about Alonso and remember more than a few pissed/wondering why (me) the Bills took him over Arthur Brown.

I'm guessing that they liked Alonso for his INTs. Under Pettine the D, at all other costs apparently, was weighted heavily towards stopping the pass.

I don't remember anyone talking about Alonso and remember more than a few pissed/wondering why (me) the Bills took him over Arthur Brown.

I am in this boat too and I feel pretty dumb for it. I remember when he first got to minicamp though the Bills were raving about him. This just proves that the teams know do much more than us.

Hindsight can be very interesting....some of the thoughts on Manuel and Kiko along with a couple posters burning A. Williams, not that I blame them at that point given he didn't do much...but still, funny how all of this stuff works out....

I am in this boat too and I feel pretty dumb for it. I remember when he first got to minicamp though the Bills were raving about him. This just proves that the teams know do much more than us.

^^^This....in recent years, since 2011, this has been the case on a number of players...after last year's Draft and FA class brought in by DW, I've come to the place where I know what *I* would like to see happen, but in the end, trust DW...I know it's a slow process to turn this thing around and realize that as long as we're working toward really competing to get better, based on empirical evidence, then I can stay with the plan....

Hindsight can be very interesting....some of the thoughts on Manuel and Kiko along with a couple posters burning A. Williams, not that I blame them at that point given he didn't do much...but still, funny how all of this stuff works out....

^^^This....in recent years, since 2011, this has been the case on a number of players...after last year's Draft and FA class brought in by DW, I've come to the place where I know what *I* would like to see happen, but in the end, trust DW...I know it's a slow process to turn this thing around and realize that as long as we're working toward really competing to get better, based on empirical evidence, then I can stay with the plan....

This was the conclusion I had hoped to suss out. The "my mock" threads, the "here's what I would do" posts, the "here's what I want" diatribes, they grow more and more irksome every year. And rarely are they revisited, but increasingly they're treated as the blueprint for success, in spite of what hindsight delivers (mostly).

Edited by The Big Cat

This guy is the earliest Kiko call that I found.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/157376-eugene-cyril-geno-smith-iii-qb-west-virginia/page__st__40#entry2727930

I like Geno, but Tavon Austin is the player from the neers that you don't want to miss out on. You guys are saying you want Percy Harvin, this guy is a younger faster version. The ideal draft should go:

1. Linebacker from Georgia

2. Tavon Austin

3. Best Available - Kiko Alonso for Oregon could be a reach here but he's a head hunter

4. Tyler Bray or Zak Dysert

5. Ryan Swope from A&M. Poor man's Welker

I'll own that I really wanted LB Jamie Collins who went 6 picks later to the Pat's. I liked Kiko before the draft, but thought he was more of a 3rd or 4th round talent.