The Manziel Poll

LB3

Just Say ___ to Jonhny Manziel  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Johnny Football if he's there at 9?

• Yes
    • No

The first question should have been, "Are you a true Bills fan and really want to see them win??". Because if you are then you would want them to acquire a franchise QB when they can get one since they're not going to make it to the playoffs and beat out teams like N.E. without that type of player at QB.

Considering that the Bills won't always have the opportunity to select a franchise QB, when that opportunity presents itself, it would be foolish to dismiss it because you happened to select a QB last year in R1. BTW, the guy who selected him is no longer in charge.

How many times do you see a new GM just stay with the prior GM's choice at QB??

To put Manziel in perspective, Gil Brandt sees Manziel as the #1 player in the 2014 draft, hands down!! Jon Gruden (the guy knows QBs) and T. Aikman (HOF NFL QB, very intelligent, knows a little bit about being an NFL QB) both believe Manziel will be, not just a good NFL QB, but a GREAT NFL QB!!

The consensus among the NFL experts is that had Manuel been eligible for the 2014 draft he would have been rated as the 8th best QB. Yes, well behind Manziel.

Now, knowing all of that, are you telling me that you're willing to settle for the 8th best QB who didn't do much to make you believe that he deserves to be the starting QB of this franchise for the foreseeable future or would you be willing to take a chance on potentially the #1 player in the draft and who some have likened to Brett Favre himself??

Once again, think about the 14 straight years without making the playoffs because the Bills have absolutely stunk at QB. There's a definite correlation there. Poor QB = no playoffs = no Super Bowl win!!

If Manziel was there at #9 overall you'd have to be crazy not to take him.

I love that one person's opinion suddenly equals fact.

The first question should have been, "Are you a true Bills fan and really want to see them win??". Because if you are then you would want them to acquire a franchise QB when they can get one since they're not going to make it to the playoffs and beat out teams like N.E. without that type of player at QB.

Considering that the Bills won't always have the opportunity to select a franchise QB, when that opportunity presents itself, it would be foolish to dismiss it because you happened to select a QB last year in R1. BTW, the guy who selected him is no longer in charge.

To put Manziel in perspective, Gil Brandt sees Manziel as the #1 player in the 2014 draft, hands down!! Jon Gruden (the guy knows QBs) and T. Aikman (HOF NFL QB, very intelligent, knows a little bit about being an NFL QB) both believe Manziel will be, not just a good NFL QB, but a GREAT NFL QB!!

The consensus among the NFL experts is that had Manuel been eligible for the 2014 draft he would have been rated as the 8th best QB. Yes, well behind Manziel.

Now, knowing all of that, are you telling me that you're willing to settle for the 8th best QB who didn't do much to make you believe that he deserves to be the starting QB of this franchise for the foreseeable future or would you be willing to take a chance on potentially the #1 player in the draft and who some have likened to Brett Favre himself??

Once again, think about the 14 straight years without making the playoffs because the Bills have absolutely stunk at QB. There's a definite correlation there. Poor QB = no playoffs = no Super Bowl win!!

So now Casserly's opinion is the consensus? :lol: Good stuff here Chin.

If the team really wants to sell lots of tickets this year, yes.

If the team is going forward with the current players on the O line, yes.

It sure would make a huge splash in the dead pool of water surrounding this team the last 14 years. If ya think the kid will be a winner in the NFL, then yes.

Absolutely not.

The team has already stated, multiple times all offseason, they are going to surround EJ with as much talent as possible.

If EJ Manuel is not the QB of the future they envisioned, I would rather go after Jamies Winston next year, he actually won something in college.

Everything said before the draft is a lie. Including "EJ is our guy."

I was thinking today- was it coincidental that all of the rumors about the Bills wanting to trade up seemed to sprout right after the A&M pro day? Could all of the talk about Watkins, Clowney, etc. just be smoke and the desire on the part of the Bills is actually Manziel? I hadn't really thought about it in those terms. It would be a Russ Brandon type of maneuver.

Listening to Bulldog on 'GR today saying how if Manziel falls to 9 and if you can't find a trade partner the Bills should draft him because he's going to be awesome.

So if I understand what he's saying...if no one wants Manziel we have to take him. <_<

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I am sick of the QB experiment. Pick the best QB every year until we find THE ONE. Fifteen years of missing playoff should teach you something. No QB, no playoff. I am not saying EJ definitely won't be good. I am just sick of waiting.

If you pick a QB every year, doesn't that perpetuate the QB experiment?

Considering that the Bills won't always have the opportunity to select a franchise QB, when that opportunity presents itself, it would be foolish to dismiss it because you happened to select a QB last year in R1.

This part might be true, it just doesn't have anything to any QBs in this years draft.

Andrew Luck is the closest to a high confidence pick for a franchise QB coming out since... Dunno, maybe Peyton? RG3 maybe was up there too. There have been none since.

Also on rookies...How many people rated Brady, Brees or Rodgers as can't miss picks after their rookie year? Flacco? Eli?

If they think the have their QB, then they have the right to play it out. And yup I'm a bills fan, want them to win and am aware of the postseason drought...

The more that I hear this idea, the more ridiculous that it sounds. Not even remotely close to being a practical idea in the real world of building an NFL roster.

One particular poster pounded this drum right onto my ignore list.

No first round QBs for 30 years and then in back-to-back years? Sounds like something the Bills might do!

No thanks. I'm not ready to have one of our two most recent first round picks sitting on the bench. If JM is there at #9, pound the phones looking for trade value.

You just really hurt J.P's feelings

as far as Manziel, no thanks. To me his game translates to a poor man's Mike Vick. He is not as fast or has the same 'big' arm. He does have a better pocket awareness than Vick. However in the NFL those Defenders will not miss and one arm from an NFL Dlineman will bring down the slight of build Manziel.

I also do not like his mental make-up. When the going gets tough i doubt he rises above it. Everything he did this past season was a show. It felt so staged. Like the speaches during the Duke game when cameras were around.

If Teeblow went in the first Manziel surely will, i just hope the Bills are able to bamboozle the Cowboys and get a helluva trade for him.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

It's still early, but most of us are crazy by a wide margin.

OK...

So far there are 66 people who have voted against Drafting Manziel on a Buffalo Bills message board...All of whom obviously are not "true" Bills fans...Sounds like an awful lot of really bored folks on the internets today... :lol:

Here ya go.

Is Johnny Manziel a potential Franchise QB ?

Answer is across the board is . NOT SURE .

Is EJ Manuel Jr a potential Franchise QB. Answer is .....

If it was Andrew Luck this year i would give up alot to get him. And thats not hindsight folks.

Doesn't make sense to draft a QB early who may or may not be better then what we already have in hand .