So...who all else is gonna miss the first two rounds live?

My wonderful daughter whom I am very proud of is having her pinning ceremony on Thursday night and Graduation from College as a PTA on Friday night. Yeah I miss the draft, but couldn't be prouder of her considering all she has worked through.

Anyone else gonna have to sneak peaks at NFL.com on their cell phones? :-)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wonderful daughter whom I am very proud of is having her pinning ceremony on Thursday night and Graduation from College as a PTA on Friday night. Yeah I miss the draft, but couldn't be prouder of her considering all she has worked through.

I usually watch live until the Bills make their first pick and that's it. Most of the players they pick after the 1st I never heard of anyway (I don't follow college football at all) so I just read up on them all after the fact.

Congrats to your daughter!

I'll be in Jamaica getting married.

Thursday- Meet and Greet cocktail reception at 5pm (6pm eastern)

Friday- wedding and reception

Saturday- Catamaran Cruise chartered for everyone from 8am-1pm

Worst thing is, no cell service there. So I can't even get updates in my phone.

Congrats to you as well!

What time should we all be there for the cruise? :)

congrats on your wedding. How many people are gonna be late to that cruise or in rough shape at 8am the morning after your reception?

Edited by FluffHead

It's way too drawn out for me these days. I load up NFL.com or ESPN the next day and check it out via text. I'll watch a couple highlight videos of guys we draft, and be on with my life.

Oh, and I'll argue about stuff here ;)

Best thing is, no cell service there. So I can't even get updates in my phone.

Fixed that for you.

Going without cell service so you can concentrate on friends, family, and beautiful locations is awesome :)

Congrats!

I'll miss some of the first few minutes of the 2nd round Friday night, but will watch most of the 1st round Thursday and most of Friday night with a buddy getting some chicken wings and beer....training for the Boilermaker...gotta get my balance of carbs and protein...

To the OP, if ever there was a good reason to miss time for a Draft, it's anything related to matters of the heart closely associated to a daughter....totally, fully, completely understand...mine is still very young, and not to be too mushy and stuff, but her hugs, is like being enveloped in the heart-beat of God...it's amazing...Congrats!! Enjoy your time Bruh!

The draft was kind of ruined for me when they switched it over to Thursday & spread it out 4 days. I will catch glimpses of it now but when it was on Saturday my friends & I would make a whole day of it, golfing in the morning, coming back to my house getting a keg, playing cards, grilling & betting on the NHL/NBA/MLB games. It was a fun day. Now I will flip on Thursday to see who the bills pick & probably won't watch more then 10 minutes the rest of the weekend. FU Goodell for ruining what was once one of my favorite sports days of the offseason.

Everybody is aware of my obsession so I never have to miss any football. Work, school, family, girlfriend, wife everybody knows.

So, would it be fair to say that prior to your post "everyone" knew of your football obsession, but maybe your wife didn't know about your girlfriend?? :o

The draft was kind of ruined for me when they switched it over to Thursday & spread it out 4 days. I will catch glimpses of it now but when it was on Saturday my friends & I would make a whole day of it, golfing in the morning, coming back to my house getting a keg, playing cards, grilling & betting on the NHL/NBA/MLB games. It was a fun day. Now I will flip on Thursday to see who the bills pick & probably won't watch more then 10 minutes the rest of the weekend. FU Goodell for ruining what was once one of my favorite sports days of the offseason.

It's all about the fans.

Kellyto83TD, congratulations to your daughter.

mrags, congratulations on your impending nuptials.

I will once again be attending the NFL Draft, so I will be watching every pick all the way to Mr. Irrelevant. :devil:

Can't wait to see the pics! I know you scheduled this thinking the draft would have been in late April. I can only imagine your reaction when you heard the date.

Yeah, your Thursday night is our Friday afternoon down here in New Zealand, so I'll be stuck at work.

I'll try to stream WGR again like I did last year. John Murphy does a fantastic job.

Lets go Buffalo!

wait, so you skill get rd. 1 on thursday though, right?

Congrats to you as well!

What time should we all be there for the cruise? :)

7:30 is good. There's 48 of is going to be there on that cruise. So I'm assuming half will be struggling.

Congrats!

thanks

Can't wait to see the pics! I know you scheduled this thinking the draft would have been in late April. I can only imagine your reaction when you heard the date.

i was heated.