Nickell Robey on Donnie Henderson

Nickell Robey was interviewed last night by John Murphy. He talked about the UDFA process and how it was kind of like getting recruited. He said he decided to sign with the Bills instead of elsewhere because of Donnie Henderson. I was really impressed by the job Henderson did last year. We worry that Schwartz won't use Robey the same way Pettine did but don't forget Henderson is still here and remembers how he was able to blitz him with success. It is a good listen:

John Murphy@JohnMurphyShow 9h

Complete audio: Robey: Coach Henderson sounded the Most Genuine http://ow.ly/2Gaknp

Good interview, it's nice they'll have the DB coach back. He helped McKelvin turn the corner when almost everyone had given up on him. Let's hope we see improvement from a few other guys this year.

Does anyone remember if he interviewed with Pettine or was offered a job in Cleveland? Henderson seems very highly regarded by players and coaches. If he chose to stay in Buffalo versus following Pettine, it would be interesting to hear his explanation of why he stayed.

Good interview, it's nice they'll have the DB coach back. He helped McKelvin turn the corner when almost everyone had given up on him. Let's hope we see improvement from a few other guys this year.

Does anyone remember if he interviewed with Pettine or was offered a job in Cleveland? Henderson seems very highly regarded by players and coaches. If he chose to stay in Buffalo versus following Pettine, it would be interesting to hear his explanation of why he stayed.

I don't believe so because he actually came to the Bills with Marrone from Cuse. I remember Byrd saying how much he liked playing for him too.

Coach Pettine mentioned Donnie Henderson recently, actually. He said he was a great secondary coach. He hired someone from Tampa, I believe. We don't have a good secondary outside of Haden. We'll see how Hitner pans out.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

Nickell is fabulous and was actually my favorite rookie last year, Kiko a close second.

Nickell seemed to improve as the year went on and I feel his starting position is as secure as anyone on the team.

the little guy rocks!.

Robey is the man.

Something tells me Henderson will do some lobbying on behalf of the corner blitz. Don't give up on it just yet.

Robey is the man.

Something tells me Henderson will do some lobbying on behalf of the corner blitz. Don't give up on it just yet.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's convinced several posters here that Schwartz plans to abjectly ignore that substantial portion of the 2013 tape.

I am a big fan of the corner blitz from the slot but i dont see Schwartz utilizing it as much

They do it if the opposing qb isn't checking his blindspot (assuming the slot receiver is even on that side). Most pro qb's don't make that mistake very often but if they do and the DC calls it, there is nobody quicker from zero to full speed in the LEAGUE than Robey.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's convinced several posters here that Schwartz plans to abjectly ignore that substantial portion of the 2013 tape.

that for more than a decade he hasnt been much of a corner blitz kind of guy, would seem to be a fair counterpoint. id guess we see it once in awhile, but i wouldnt expect it as regularly as i wouldve from pettine

that for more than a decade he hasnt been much of a corner blitz kind of guy, would seem to be a fair counterpoint. id guess we see it once in awhile, but i wouldnt expect it as regularly as i wouldve from pettine

Well, I'm holding out hope that Schwartz--smart, economics major he is--sees his gig in Buffalo as an opportunity for reinvention.

there is nobody quicker from zero to full speed in the LEAGUE than Robey.

i like him and all but both are starting corners run better 40s and get a good chunk of that lead in the first 10 yard split.....

i like him and all but both are starting corners run better 40s and get a good chunk of that lead in the first 10 yard split.....

That may be true, but Robey does have awesome game speed, particularly when it comes to closing the gap.