Official Tom Brady thread

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

...It's simple really. He works within a system in which the coaches (BB/Weis) give his offense the best chance to excel. And he goes out and does it. Only notable exceptions this season were the loss at Pit in October and the "brain fart" loss at Dieami in December.

What I liked about the playcalling early on was the desire to go for the jugular--and those two vertical throws to Branch got the job done.

Some Unitas guy was pretty good.

216617[/snapback]

That Graham dude too. I'd like to see some of the QB's of the last 20 years (coughcoughMarinocough) play in the era when receivers got beat up all the way down the field.

I don't think I'd put Brady at 3rd best QB of all time. But I would place him among the top Big Game QB's of all time. Brady is not the most talented QB and even he admits that. Brady is a clutch QB that always comes up big in important games. I would rank him up there with Montana, Bradshaw, Staubach...Not the most talented group of QB's but the group of QB's that were like machines out there, never making mistakes. That's how I think of Brady, anyway.

That Graham dude too.  I'd like to see some of the QB's of the last 20 years (coughcoughMarinocough) play in the era when receivers got beat up all the way down the field.

216628[/snapback]

Yeah right, how many Super Bowls did HE win??? :D

That Graham dude too.  I'd like to see some of the QB's of the last 20 years (coughcoughMarinocough) play in the era when receivers got beat up all the way down the field.

216628[/snapback]

Yeah, that Graham guy was OK. 10 seasons - 10 Championship games, winning seven of them.

Like Darin said, pro football started before 1980. :D

1) elway and montana had the ability to single handedly win a game. they were not consitered great based on there SB rings or SB MVPs. they were great cus if you had to choose a QB for 1 game, you would choose them. they could single handedly take control of the game and drive for the winning TD.

2) Brady has the SB rings and SB MVPs. but Ty Law should have won those MVPs. brady only got them cus he managed to get 30 yards to set up the field goals. and you can not tell me brady won his team those 2 SBs. if anything, he just "didnt loose them the game". kinda like what Rothlesburger did for the stealers during the regular season.

3) the pats are winning games because of their head coach. NOT brady.

Elway and Montana won games for their team.

4) if brady was on any other team he would be good, but no better than T. Green (who is underrated)

5) it takes more than 4 years to be the best all time ANYTHING.

1) elway and montana had the ability to single handedly win a game. they were not consitered great based on there SB rings or SB MVPs. they were great cus if you had to choose a QB for 1 game, you would choose them. they could single handedly take control of the game and drive for the winning TD.

2) Brady has the SB rings and SB MVPs. but Ty Law should have won those MVPs. brady only got them cus he managed to get 30 yards to set up the field goals. and you can not tell me brady won his team those 2 SBs. if anything, he just "didnt loose them the game". kinda like what Rothlesburger did for the stealers during the regular season.

4) if brady was on any other team he would be good, but no better than T. Green (who is underrated)

216653[/snapback]

Don't be a hater, be a player appreciater!

Top Ten is a stretch.

He REALLY IS a system QB gang. To some degree all players are. Give the guy credit for hard work and improvement, but please, its the system. You don't think Belichek would be winning SBs with Manning? With Manning they would simply do next day delivery and cancel the game.

Flame away, but in my mind Montana is the same animal. Is it a coincidence that he is HOF, and that Steve Young will be voted in this year? No coincidence. Heh, give these guys credit for sure, but lets stop the B.O.A.T. cr@p if you don't mind.

Some Unitas guy was pretty good.

216617[/snapback]

I'll take Brady's resume over damn near anybody, and if he wins a third ring and gets another MVP, Joe Montana better move over because he will be #1.

216653[/snapback]

I disagree that Brady is already in the top 3 all-time, but in regard to your second point, Brady had 354 yards passing and 3 td's in last years Super Bowl. That's what you call "he just didn't lose the game"?? :D

Being a Bills fan doesn't mean you can't acknowledge that some players on other teams are very good.

Top Ten is a stretch.

He REALLY IS a system QB gang.  To some degree all players are.  Give the guy credit for hard work and improvement, but please, its the system.  You don't think Belichek would be winning SBs with Manning?  With Manning they would simply do next day delivery and cancel the game.

Flame away, but in my mind Montana is the same animal.  Is it a coincidence that he is HOF, and that Steve Young will be voted in this year?  No coincidence.  Heh, give these guys credit for sure, but lets stop the B.O.A.T. cr@p if you don't mind.

216676[/snapback]

Bledsoe couldn't do it.

You don't think Belichek would be winning SBs with Manning?  With Manning they would simply do next day delivery and cancel the game.

216676[/snapback]

No, I don't. I think Brady is far superior to Manning, and that

Manning doesn't have what it takes to win a SB.

The "deer-in-the-headlights" look would doom the Pats, even with BB.