There are only two players worth trading UP for......

.................when you consider where the Bills are with their roster currently. Those two players are Clowney and Manziel.

We might consider giving up the farm for Clowney to greatly bolster our pass rush, and thus, our defense.

We might consider trading up for Manziel if the Bills' brain trust believes like Brandt/Gruden/Aikman do that he is the next B. Favre. Brandt has Manziel #1 in his top 125 player list.

No other player in this draft is going to be able to make the same type of impact worthy of what it would take to trade up.

I just don't see Whaley making this type of move, but I will say that it may take a bold move by Whaley to put the Bills in the playoffs sooner than later.

Even B. Polian once traded two R1 picks and a prominent RB for OLB C. Bennett.

If Manziel lasts to #9 overall, I'll eat my hat. There is no way that he falls that far. He's too dynamic.

If Manziel lasts to #9 overall I think the Bills should seriously consider taking him. Would you take B. Favre at #9 overall?? My guess is that you would.

The Cowboys want Manziel. There are others that want him as well. Jax and Cleveland pick #3 and #4 overall respectively and both need a starting caliber QB. I would be more than mildly surprised if e makes it past both teams.

The Bills could win the lottery if Manziel lasts to #9. My guess is that a team like Dallas would ante up a king's ransom to get him.............if they believe that he could be their new franchise QB.

The again, why would the Bills trade the rights to Manziel when he could be the one player that they need to make it to the playoffs for the first time in 14 years???

I have to respectfully disagree that either of those players should be traded up to get. neither is a big enough need and both have huge questions marks about them. Both could just as easily be a bust as a star. The player, if any, I would consider trading up for is Sammy Watkins. I see no question in Watkins and he's also a Bills fan.

I strongly believe that Manziel will be available at the 9th pick - and I don't think the Bills should take him. Now, if Dallas wants to trade their 1st & 2nd for him, I'd be all for that.

+1

That's my preferred (realistic) scenario at the moment. The unrealistic one is where everyone else gives us their 1st round pick for wings and beer because they feel sorry for us being out of the playoffs for 14 years.

I don't think anyone is worth trading up for. We were 6-10. One player won't fix that. Manzeil is overrated. Most of the hyped QBs coming out of college haven't. He's a product of the college game. If Tim Tebow couldn't succeed why do we think Manzeil can? I know I'll get attacked for that but we will know for sure in a couple years. Trade back and get another couple picks! Right now the O-Line will be our Achilles heal. We need OL help, a TE or WR, a DE, LB and Safety help. Oh, and we need to develop a RB. We need as many picks as we can get!

If Whaley honestly plans to give Manuel everything he needs to succeed, I don't think Buffalo can afford to give away to many picks this year...I can see Buffalo trading up for Watkins, but they still need to upgrade RT and possibly TE...#9, this years 3rd plus next years 1st might get them there...hopefully less is needed tho...Watkins then RT in the 2nd and then bpa from then on

Watkins, Mack and Evans are both worth trading to 4-5-6 area for.

Highly doubt Manziel will go top 3, understand some people are big fans but no matter how you word it he has bigger question marks then Bortles and with the strength at other positions I think he goes anywhere between picks 5-20, and a team targeting him will trade up or down for him.

If Houston takes Clowney, and the Raiders and Cleveland go after Mack, Watkins, or Evans, then there is a good chance Manziel falls to 9. It only takes Jacksonville to take Bortles or Bridgewater plus a run on OT's by St. Louis and Atlanta.

This would be an absolute dream scenario for Buffalo. Put Manziel up for the highest bidder.

If Houston takes Clowney, and the Raiders and Cleveland go after Mack, Watkins, or Evans, then there is a good chance Manziel falls to 9. It only takes Jacksonville to take Bortles or Bridgewater plus a run on OT's by St. Louis and Atlanta.

This would be an absolute dream scenario for Buffalo. Put Manziel up for the highest bidder.

The one huge risk is that you knowingly pass on one of the true impact players for quantity. If the Bills trade with someone like Dallas, they are in the no-man's land of DBs and S being the BPAs when their pick comes up in the first round.

I just read a story that the 49ers might trade up to the Raiders #5 pick for the price of the majority of the 49ers entire draft of 11 picks. Only something like that would make me pull the trigger on passing on a true impact guy like Ebron, Evans or Donald. If I'm getting a second and a third then I'm not biting. This team really needs a "game changer" type of player.

I like Robinson as a prospect but when have you ever seen a team trade up from a top 10 pick to get a RT? It has never and will never happen.

I can dream....visions of him pan caking Richardson as CJ blows by for a TD...

The one huge risk is that you knowingly pass on one of the true impact players for quantity. If the Bills trade with someone like Dallas, they are in the no-man's land of DBs and S being the BPAs when their pick comes up in the first round.

I just read a story that the 49ers might trade up to the Raiders #5 pick for the price of the majority of the 49ers entire draft of 11 picks. Only something like that would make me pull the trigger on passing on a true impact guy like Ebron, Evans or Donald. If I'm getting a second and a third then I'm not biting. This team really needs a "game changer" type of player.

I only see Evans as an impact player in the NFL (of the 3 you listed). Ebron *could* be, but is no sure thing and Donald is *very* undersized. He could be very good or he could get blown away against monster NFL OL. He is unlikely to solve the Bills' run D problem at any rate.

I have always believed that in the top 10 you should draft guys with high floors and high ceilings at impact positions (QB, elite skill player, pass rusher, LT). I am going to exclude QBs from my thoughts so this doesn't turn into whether it not they should try to get Johnny Football. There are a thousand threads like that.

In this draft the only guys that I see like this are Clowney, Robinson, Mack and Watkins. I think that Evans and Ebron have high ceilings and Mathews a high floor but don't quite put them in the class above. Aaron Donald is probably the next closest but at a position that the Bills are already strong at. If the Bills can secure one of those 4 without giving up too much they should.

I don't see it that way. If none of the 3 OTs or Evans is available at 9, then I think they can get the same calibre player at 16 as they can 9. I don't think that Ebron is an elite prospect and one of Marqise Lee, Odell Beckham and Kelvin Benjamin will be available at 16. I could argue that any of the 3 are equal or better prospects than Ebron.

I would root for Aaron Donald, but would think picking his is risky due to him being VERY undersized. He would do little, in my opinion, to help fix the Bills run D.

CJ Mosley is the other higher end prospect that they might be passing on if they traded down to 16. I'd consider him at 9, but he doesn't do anything to help the under-manned offense.

I have to respectfully disagree that either of those players should be traded up to get. neither is a big enough need and both have huge questions marks about them. Both could just as easily be a bust as a star. The player, if any, I would consider trading up for is Sammy Watkins. I see no question in Watkins and he's also a Bills fan.

And I respectfully disagree with you. On talent alone you pull the trigger on a trade to #1 for Clowney. Now would I trade up to a lesser spot for Watkins? Hell yes. I also agree no way on Manzel. Just let him go somewhere else

.................when you consider where the Bills are with their roster currently. Those two players are Clowney and Manziel.

We might consider giving up the farm for Clowney to greatly bolster our pass rush, and thus, our defense.

We might consider trading up for Manziel if the Bills' brain trust believes like Brandt/Gruden/Aikman do that he is the next B. Favre. Brandt has Manziel #1 in his top 125 player list.

No other player in this draft is going to be able to make the same type of impact worthy of what it would take to trade up.

I just don't see Whaley making this type of move, but I will say that it may take a bold move by Whaley to put the Bills in the playoffs sooner than later.

Even B. Polian once traded two R1 picks and a prominent RB for OLB C. Bennett.

You had me excited about this in the subject and the first start but then you put Manziel. I don't know man, I think that threw me off for the entire message.

I don't know if Mack or Clowney are worth trading up for and the only one that might be worth it for the Bills would be Watkins or Evans but one should be available for the Bills @ 9 and I am not excited so much about either. Pretty much this entire draft outside of 3 or 4 players has me ho-hum.

For the record, those players are Carlos Hyde, ASJ, Ha-Ha Clinton Dix and that TE who benched a ton.