How to make the Pro Bowl more intriguing

Go back to conferenced game, AFC vs. NFC, and reward each team of the winning conference (whether the team was represented or not) one additional first round pick in next years draft (this pick would not be able to be traded). Thoughts?

So as an AFC player, i am dumping the game to the NFC to make sure i don't have more competition for my job...

I like it in theory but I think each team in the winning conference getting an additional 1st rounder is too much of a reward. It would have too big an impact on the draft. Good players would often go to good teams where bad teams have a greater need. Maybe an additional 6th rounder ? Or even a 7th rounder?

Go back to conferenced game, AFC vs. NFC, and reward each team of the winning conference (whether the team was represented or not) one additional first round pick in next years draft (this pick would not be able to be traded). Thoughts?

This is simply an unrealistic scenario for such a meaningless game.

This is simply an unrealistic scenario for such a meaningless game.

I couldn't have said it better. This will always be a meaningless game. I watch for 15 minutes each year and then get just as disgusted and turn to Law and Order reruns.

I love watching any NFL game, but meaningful games.

Sure why not that would gee the guys something more to play for . WHy not add who ever wins the game their conference gets home field in the super bowl . Meaning if the AFC wins one of the AFC teams get to host the super bowl at a AFC venue in see 2 years ??

Sure why not that would gee the guys something more to play for . WHy not add who ever wins the game their conference gets home field in the super bowl . Meaning if the AFC wins one of the AFC teams get to host the super bowl at a AFC venue in see 2 years ??

Because who cares? That's not any kind of homefield advantage. If anything those fans would hate us more because we are one of their rivals

Real question- why do we expect the game to be fiercely competitive? It's supposed to be a reward for beating the hell out of each other for 4-5+ months.

What if fans changed their expectations some too? Roll out some stuff like extra mics on the players, maybe extra analysts talking about the guys.... I know they don't want to open up the door but helmet cams.... Find ways to make it a fun insight into your favorite players instead of players risking major injury.

Heck - some sort of fan interaction in playcalling (either a lone contest winner, or super quick live vote - madden style)

Maybe delve into the utterly ridiculous and have the #1 WR, #1 cb and #1 qb be the only guys and force the ball to see who makes the play, or in an "and short" situation have an Oklahoma drill for the yard.... (I know utterly ridiculous but I think more realistic than having a super serious game)

In essence make it less of a serious game and more entertaining in other ways.

Because who cares? That's not any kind of homefield advantage. If anything those fans would hate us more because we are one of their rivals

Among a long list of issues such as bidding out Super Bowls 4-5 years in advance, that cities put hundreds of millions into projects to get the games, etc....

Edited by NoSaint

Real question- why do we expect the game to be fiercely competitive? It's supposed to be a reward for beating the hell out of each other for 4-5+ months.

+1 Of all the baffling things I read on this site, the 'fix the Pro Bowl' obsession ranks right at the top.

It's a meaningless exhibition folks. And it's supposed to be a meaningless exhibition. An extra first round pick for half the league based on the result?? That might be the worst idea in TSW history.

+1 Of all the baffling things I read on this site, the 'fix the Pro Bowl' obsession ranks right at the top.

It's a meaningless exhibition folks. And it's supposed to be a meaningless exhibition. An extra first round pick for half the league based on the result?? That might be the worst idea in TSW history.

Mario for Skelton. Every time I use the phrase "worst in TSW history" I'm reminded of the real standard there.

How about we just get rid of the game? Doing what you say would be equivalent to what baseball does with the All-Star game and World Series, and other than Bud Selig, no one things that is a good idea. Like the Buffalo Jills, it just needs to go away, it is pointless in this day-and-age.

Mario for Skelton. Every time I use the phrase "worst in TSW history" I'm reminded of the real standard there.

Indeed, a proper correction. :thumbsup: . . . still the worst :bag: