Eric Davis (NFL AM) predicts Jets sweep Bills in 2014

I watch NFL AM regularly in the mornings before going to work. This morning they were going down the 2014 regular schedule for the Jets and Eric Davis predicted the Jets would win both games vs the Bills this season. Now, I can see people predicting the Patriots sweeping the Bills, but the Jets?! Maybe people like Davis need to watch the Bills/Jets last meeting again: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013111700/2013/REG11/jets@bills#menu=highlights&tab=recap

And if that didn’t change anyone’s minds, read the headlines from that game “Bills' defense overwhelms Geno in laugher over Jets.”

I watch NFL AM regularly in the mornings before going to work. This morning they were going down the 2014 regular schedule for the Jets and Eric Davis predicted the Jets would win both games vs the Bills this season. Now, I can see people predicting the Patriots sweeping the Bills, but the Jets?! Maybe people like Davis need to watch the Bills/Jets last meeting again: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013111700/2013/REG11/jets@bills#menu=highlights&tab=recap

And if that didn’t change anyone’s minds, read the headlines from that game “Bills' defense overwhelms Geno in laugher over Jets.”

For what its worth, the Jets games are in late October and late November. Mike Vick (who could be worse than Geno, who knows?) could be the starter by then, if he doesn't win it outright in camp.

I agree with you though - it's kind of a head-scratcher to single those two games out like that. I think it just comes down to the fact no one on the national level believes EJ will amount to anything, and until he puts together back to back to back quality games, critics will continue to say things like this.

Oh well, winning solves everything.

The Jets go 10-6 or better on NFLAM every pre-season. Even after they are mathematically eliminated they are still over-covered.

NFLAM is IQ-reducing television - I watch it because it's on and talking football, but it is not a source for intelligent analysis.

I think it's as likely an outcome as a Bills sweep or split. The teams are fairly evenly matched.

The big factor is who steps up in year 2, EJ or Geno?

Geno would have to step up dramatically to match what EJ did last year. Geno sux out loud.

EJ 11 TD passes, 9 INTS 77.7 QBR

Geno 12 TD passes, 21 INTS 66.5 QBR

Mike Vick (who could be worse than Geno, who knows?) could be the starter by then, if he doesn't win it outright in camp.

Vick stinks at this point too, but I am all but certain he will beat out Geno in camp.

Smith will be off the team next year. Out of the league in two.

Edited by BobChalmers

The Jets have 2 long weeks to prepare for the Bills. They'll be coming off a Thursday night game before the Bills in Week 8, and coming off their bye against the Bills in week 12.

That really helped them last year. Edited by YoloinOhio

And in other non news, the sun just rose in the east.

Based on the schedule being released, can't we just promote the Super Bowl matchup?

It's pretty easy to predict that. Most would say the Jets got better over the off season, while the Bills stayed about the same, so far. The Jets are historically better (recent history at least). The Jets are a bigger market, so generally get the benefit of the doubt. They picked up a QB that many still think is good. etc etc

Personally, I think they'll split the series again. I think the Bills will get swept by the Patriots. And will sweep the Dolphins (or maybe split).