BRAVO! National Anthem

cåblelady

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize so many of you wallers were perfect.

Perfect singers, perfect bodies,perfect lovers, perfect in knowing all about football.

I hope you go one with your perfect lives. They are kids.

Perfect singers, perfect bodies,perfect lovers, perfect in knowing all about football.

I hope you go one with your perfect lives.  They are kids.

216371[/snapback]

You see what you people have done now? You've begun to upset the women......Shame on all of you

216371[/snapback]

No, I'm not perfect...

...but then, I'm not broadcasting that fact on national TV, am I? :D

216371[/snapback]

I'm one out of those four.

To the chosen few who feel the need to critique two CHILDREN(one who appeared to be handicapped in some way) singing the national anthem in front for 70,00 people and a national TV audience, only one thing comes to mind.......you are pitiful! :D

216429[/snapback]

I agree......I'll grab DC Tom, you get the stake!

To the chosen few who feel the need to critique two CHILDREN(one who appeared to be handicapped in some way) singing the national anthem in front for 70,00 people and a national TV audience, only one thing comes to mind.......you are pitiful! :D

216429[/snapback]

Please add in freezing conditions.

The kid at the Philly game had me in tears. I guess we are all moved in different ways by the same picture.

so because he is disabled we should give him a free pass on his ability? man i am sure the disabled folks want that!!!! i thought the girl doing the afc game kicked ass, sure she missed one or two notes, but she belted it out!

It really wasn't very good. She was waaay off key on the high note.

What's funny is that she was palateable, and you guys rave about her. But some kid who is obviously disabled in some way (turns out he's blind) sings off key and you guys tear him apart. (Did anyone happen to notive two of the servicemen while he sang were crying? Tears flowing and everything).

She won Star Search for kids? Well good for her... she was still off key.

I give props to the little kid in the first one...

215590[/snapback]

I must admit that my favorite national anthem at a sports event of all time was Marvin Gaye singing the anthem at a mid-80s NBA All-star game. It certainly wasn't the usual pomp and circumstance with the musical arrangement having a good dose of synthesizers, but it had more personal expression and feeling than any public rendition of the anthem I have ever heard.

Even the national anthem can sound sexy when Marvin Gaye did it. The response he got from the audience and even the jaded players was amazing.

It's tradition so it will never change but I wish they would America the Beautiful as a piece deemed appropriate to share the opening of a game with. It strikes me as far more singable than the Anthem, a better piece of music, and really embodies the sentiments of what is great about this country more than the militaristic fervor of the Anthem in my view.

so because he is disabled we should give him a free pass on his ability?  man i am sure the disabled folks want that!!!!  i thought the girl doing the afc game kicked ass, sure she missed one or two notes, but she belted it out!

216467[/snapback]

A free pass for what? Man, some of you on here are truly heartless.......can you not think of someone other than yourselves? Does the fact that maybe you can give a little kid who's probably had a pretty damn sh------- life a few minutes to do and experience something that you or I will probably never do (and in the process give him a wonderful memory he'll likely never forget) have no impact on you?

I'd say that's a pretty friggin fair trade off considering he probably rarely or never gets to experience even the simple things you and I do on a daily basis.

It just shows that some are heartless and have no life. They get joy out of cutting people down.

I hope the real reason for it is that they just miss Bills Football or need the attention they are lacking in their lives.

I think Whitney Houston is the best from Super Bowl XXV

It just shows that some are heartless and have no life.  They get joy out of cutting people down.

I hope the real reason for it is that they just miss Bills Football or need the attention they are lacking in their lives.

I think Whitney Houston is the best from Super Bowl XXV

216540[/snapback]

It gives me no joy. It gave me even less to watch the kids be exploited in situations they fundamentally had no business being in.

It gives me no joy.  It gave me even less to watch the kids be exploited in situations they fundamentally had no business being in.

216590[/snapback]

It's not about you.