BRAVO! National Anthem

cåblelady

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You were all drinking heavily during the first game, weren't you?  That was horrible...not nearly as bad as the kid in the Eagles game, naturally, but putrid nevertheless...

215579[/snapback]

wow, I hope you don't have any daughters, bro

It really wasn't very good. She was waaay off key on the high note.

What's funny is that she was palateable, and you guys rave about her. But some kid who is obviously disabled in some way (turns out he's blind) sings off key and you guys tear him apart. (Did anyone happen to notive two of the servicemen while he sang were crying? Tears flowing and everything).

She won Star Search for kids? Well good for her... she was still off key.

I give props to the little kid in the first one...

It really wasn't very good. She was waaay off key on the high note.

What's funny is that she was palateable, and you guys rave about her. But some kid who is obviously disabled in some way (turns out he's blind) sings off key and you guys tear him apart. (Did anyone happen to notive two of the servicemen while he sang were crying? Tears flowing and everything).

215590[/snapback]

Whoever was hacking on the first kid should be shot.........I don't see how you can hack on either of them given the simple fact that they're both KIDS.

She was waaay off key on the high note.

215590[/snapback]

No she wasn't.

And who made fun of the other kid? I didn't. He wasn't too bad either.

Whoever was hacking on the first kid should be shot.........I don't see how you can hack on either of them given the simple fact that they're both KIDS.

215597[/snapback]

true. And i didn't mean to tear into the girl like that, but i just think its awfult that since she was "better" as a singer meant people are nice about it. But a blind kid is off key, we start a thread ripping on him? (and I'm sorry, if someone says they didn't know he was blind - well, it was just very easy to tell SOMETHING was wrong with him)

true. And i didn't mean to tear into the girl like that, but i just think its awfult that since she was "better" as a singer meant people are nice about it. But a blind kid is off key, we start a thread ripping on him? (and I'm sorry, if someone says they didn't know he was blind - well, it was just very easy to tell SOMETHING was wrong with him)

215602[/snapback]

yeah, it seemed like the first kid was kind of being held up by the adult (father?) behind him.......but hell, both of them were in freezing cold weather, in front of tens of thousands of people, on live television, singing a pretty tough piece of music. The girl may not have had complete control over her notes, but she sure as hell could belt it out.

215597[/snapback]

It isn't about hacking on a kid. Having a kid sing is fine -- if the kid has some talent. The girl obviously has talent, even if she overdid it a little. The kid in the Eagle game sounded like he won a seat lottery five minutes earlier. Why the NFL/Fox/Philly people would have him sing is beyond me. I guess it's more of the 'American Idol' mentality at work. Why bother with getting people who can actually sing the song when you can give someone their 30 seconds of fame. :devil:

It isn't about hacking on a kid.  Having a kid sing is fine -- if the kid has some talent.  The girl obviously has talent, even if she overdid it a little.  The kid in the Eagle game sounded like he won a seat lottery five minutes earlier.  Why the NFL/Fox/Philly people would have him sing is beyond me.  I guess it's more of the 'American Idol' mentality at work.  Why bother with getting people who can actually sing the song when you can give someone their 30 seconds of fame.  :devil:

215626[/snapback]

Well.......maybe cause people who can actually sing will have many more opportunities in their lifetime to do so, whereas a blind kid will never even see the most simple things that you and I take for granted on a daily basis? Or.....even worse......maybe the kid has a terminal disease, has had a pretty sh------- 10 years of existence, and someone actually thought maybe giving the kid one amazing experience in his life was worth bugging people who are annoyed by it? I dunno, man lol

You were all drinking heavily during the first game, weren't you?  That was horrible...not nearly as bad as the kid in the Eagles game, naturally, but putrid nevertheless...

215579[/snapback]

Mmm. Why are people so impressed with stutter-singing?

And the land of the <awkward pause> Braay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-a-a--ay-ay-ay-a-a-a-ave.

Started with Whitney Houston in the '91 Super Bowl and now they all sing in a way that calls attention to themselves rather than the lyric. Moved into regular music too. I hate it. Carry the note ala Jeff Buckley or cut it off.

No offense to the girl, she's just mimicing all the others who have nice voices but have no connection with what they're singing.

It isn't about hacking on a kid.  Having a kid sing is fine -- if the kid has some talent.  The girl obviously has talent, even if she overdid it a little.  The kid in the Eagle game sounded like he won a seat lottery five minutes earlier.  Why the NFL/Fox/Philly people would have him sing is beyond me.  I guess it's more of the 'American Idol' mentality at work.  Why bother with getting people who can actually sing the song when you can give someone their 30 seconds of fame.  :devil:

215626[/snapback]

yep - that's EXACTLY what he was after... I'm sure Timmy has the "American Idol" mentality, and dying for his 30 seconds of fame...

From http://www.shrinershq.org/whatsnewarch/arc.../sings8-02.html :

An outgoing 9-year-old, Timmy has been a patient at the Philadelphia Shriners Hospital since he was 18 months old. He was born prematurely at 26 weeks, diagnosed with mild cerebral palsy and retinopathy of prematurity (both retinas were detached). Timmy is no stranger to hospitals, having spent more than four months in intensive care after coming into the world. At birth, he weighed slightly less than two pounds. Today, though, he is a burst of sunshine whenever he returns to the hospital for additional treatment.

His most recent visit to Shriners was for surgery on his hamstrings. Releasing the hamstrings allows him to walk better and straighter. His follow-up therapy sessions are special treats for everyone, because he never leaves without singing a song or two. After hearing him carry a tune, an employee commented, "This kind of therapy is beneficial for all of us."

"... Timmy is even teaching his mom Braille (sighted people read Braille with their eyes, not with their fingers)."

Oh, and here's a picture of the kid that ruined your day by singing off-tune... I'm sure he's sorry that he bothered you.

http://www.shrinershq.org/resources/betwee...sings1-8-02.jpg

yep - that's EXACTLY what he was after... I'm sure Timmy has the "American Idol" mentality, and dying for his 30 seconds of fame...

From http://www.shrinershq.org/whatsnewarch/arc.../sings8-02.html :

An outgoing 9-year-old, Timmy has been a patient at the Philadelphia Shriners Hospital since he was 18 months old. He was born prematurely at 26 weeks, diagnosed with mild cerebral palsy and retinopathy of prematurity (both retinas were detached). Timmy is no stranger to hospitals, having spent more than four months in intensive care after coming into the world. At birth, he weighed slightly less than two pounds. Today, though, he is a burst of sunshine whenever he returns to the hospital for additional treatment.

His most recent visit to Shriners was for surgery on his hamstrings. Releasing the hamstrings allows him to walk better and straighter. His follow-up therapy sessions are special treats for everyone, because he never leaves without singing a song or two. After hearing him carry a tune, an employee commented, "This kind of therapy is beneficial for all of us."

"... Timmy is even teaching his mom Braille (sighted people read Braille with their eyes, not with their fingers)."

Oh, and here's a picture of the kid that ruined your day by singing off-tune... I'm sure he's sorry that he bothered you.

http://www.shrinershq.org/resources/betwee...sings1-8-02.jpg

215637[/snapback]

Lets see who is man enough to admit they were an ass.

Mmm. Why are people so impressed with stutter-singing?

And the land of the <awkward pause> Braay-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-a-a--ay-ay-ay-a-a-a-ave.

Started with Whitney Houston in the '91 Super Bowl and now they all sing in a way that calls attention to themselves rather than the lyric. Moved into regular music too. I hate it. Carry the note ala Jeff Buckley or cut it off.

No offense to the girl, she's just mimicing all the others who have nice voices but have no connection with what they're singing.

215635[/snapback]

Actually, stutterers are perfectly fluent when they sing. Usually when speaking in unison as well.

Sorry, just had a DC Tom moment.

Actually, stutterers are perfectly fluent when they sing. Usually when speaking in unison as well.

Sorry, just had a DC Tom moment.

215641[/snapback]

I was talking about non-stutterers who stutter-sing, by drawing out a syllable and breaking their voice in between short segments for 20 seconds.

If what you say is true, why couldn't Ken sing out 'Cathcart Towers Hotel' in "A Fish Called Wanda"? :devil:

I was talking about non-stutterers who stutter-sing, by drawing out a syllable and breaking their voice in between short segments for 20 seconds.

If what you say is true, why couldn't Ken sing out 'Cathcart Towers Hotel' in "A Fish Called Wanda"? :devil:

215658[/snapback]

Because it's a movie.

I know what you meant. I just wanted to show how smart I was like DC Tom. :D