Please sign Richie Incognito

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! An amazing rant.

Rookie?????? I have been a Bills fan for 54 years. I have been on this board since the days of Prodigy and Bob Lamb. Because I don't post every other hour does not make me a rookie.

I simply object to your repeated use of retarded in various contexts to demean arguments.

Join the debate club.

He doesn't know how to debate Yoho. All he has is angry rants and insults.

The only way this analogy makes any sense is if the poster sent pictures of naked children to another but claimed it was all in the name of locker room shenanigans. There is no doubt that Incognito sent texts and phone messages with derogatory racial terms but explained it as part of the locker room culture. Whether it is racist or not is a matter of interpretation but it is not like there is not at least a partially smoking gun.

Really. Ok Mr. Backpedal, how else shall we "interpret"

He...is now the poster boy for racist locker rooms, fair or not.

besides: absurd horsecrap? What chance do we have, beyond 0, to find a racist NFL locker room? Is this 1958? Or 2014? After all, this is what this discussion is about. If I send you a naked pic or two, of a young but legal girl, and you say "nice". :D Does that make you a dirty old man? Does that justify some reporter, looking for clicks, calling you a dirty old man? Does that justify MDFan running around calling you a dirty old man, because he read it somewhere, and closing the book on that, because: "perception".

This is what I am saying: the hyperbole has to stop. I am merely illustrating the hyperbolic idiocy here, using....yeah...self-avowed, but also, perfectly designed: hyperbolic idiocy. :lol:

He doesn't know how to debate Yoho. All he has is angry rants and insults.

I know how to debate you, and I did. Or, do you have no reply at all? :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Oh brother, is this thread going to bring them out of the woodwork! :lol:

For the record, I agree. I couldn't give a rat's ass what happened in Miami. Dude would be an immediate upgrade at a position that killed us last year.

haha. agree as well

Marrone said that he billieves in giving guys second chances.

Except this would be Incognito's about 4th or 5th chance.

1. he's not that good of a guard

2. young, talented guards who lack his baggage are not that difficult to find - why would we want Mr 4th Chance Baggage Boy instead of looking for young talent?

Except this would be Incognito's about 4th or 5th chance.

1. he's not that good of a guard

2. young, talented guards who lack his baggage are not that difficult to find - why would we want Mr 4th Chance Baggage Boy instead of looking for young talent?

See, I'd agree, except we weren't so succesful at finding a "young talented guard" last year. Was Private Pyle young and talented?

Even if we draft a guy, he could suck. Why not have Richie come in too on a cheap deal? It's no skin off anyone's back except for the holier than thou crowd.

Edited by FireChan

Wonder why they traded Martin if he had no reason to be involved in the whole thing. Either he was involved doing the same types of things RI was doing, or he was such a Bi-polar mess that he has no business being in an NFL locker room.

They traded Martin because he wasn't ever going to play for the Dolphins again and by trading him they at least conditionally, potentially, get something for their 1st round mess-up

See, I'd agree, except we weren't so succesful at finding a "young talented guard" last year. Was Private Pyle young and talented?

Even if we draft a guy, he could suck. Why not have Richie come in too on a cheap deal? It's no skin off anyone's back except for the holier than thou crowd.

I don't see any evidence that we tried to find a guard of any kind last year. The Party Line was that the next guard was already on the payroll.

If we lack the talent evaluation to seek out and find a decent guard if we actually try we're screwed anyway

I don't think Incognito's that good. That's not holier than thou, that's just football evaluation. You want to argue it, bring facts.

Edited by Hopeful

Really. Ok Mr. Backpedal, how else shall we "interpret"

besides: absurd horsecrap? What chance do we have, beyond 0, to find a racist NFL locker room? Is this 1958? Or 2014? After all, this is what this discussion is about. If I send you a naked pic or two, of a young but legal girl, and you say "nice". :D Does that make you a dirty old man? Does that justify some reporter, looking for clicks, calling you a dirty old man? Does that justify MDFan running around calling you a dirty old man, because he read it somewhere, and closing the book on that, because: "perception".

This is what I am saying: the hyperbole has to stop. I am merely illustrating the hyperbolic idiocy here, using....yeah...self-avowed, but also, perfectly designed: hyperbolic idiocy. :lol:

I know how to debate you, and I did. Or, do you have no reply at all? :lol:

You have no idea how to debate actually. You continue to quote a phrase I used, ignoring the detail explanations provided and pretending you did not see it or understand it, in order to justify your ridiculous rant. If you are going to quote me do not ignore the explanations. It just makes you look stupid.

At first blush, I thought, abso-frikkin-lutely NOT. But, then I got to thinking'...

a) He'd be cheap. We'd get him for a song.

b) We really DO need an LG.

c) He'd be on his BESTEST behavior.

d) He was a Dolphin. And they ARE our division rivals.

e) He'd play with one helluva chip on his shoulder-- especially against said Dolphins.

Why not?

They traded Martin because he wasn't ever going to play for the Dolphins again and by trading him they at least conditionally, potentially, get something for their 1st round mess-up

I don't see any evidence that we tried to find a guard of any kind last year. The Party Line was that the next guard was already on the payroll.

If we lack the talent evaluation to seek out and find a decent guard if we actually try we're screwed anyway

I don't think Incognito's that good. That's not holier than thou, that's just football evaluation. You want to argue it, bring facts.

Is he better than Legursky? The answer is yes, that's the end of the argument.

Edited by FireChan

At first blush, I thought, abso-frikkin-lutely NOT. But, then I got to thinking'...

a) He'd be cheap. We'd get him for a song.

b) We really DO need an LG.

c) He'd be on his BESTEST behavior.

d) He was a Dolphin. And they ARE our division rivals.

e) He'd play with one helluva chip on his shoulder-- especially against said Dolphins.

Why not?

Good points all around. Yes, he's had 2nd and 3rd chances. But, the other issues were known around football/sports circles. This one is one that everybody all around the nation will be watching, and you know Marrone won't put up with any of that.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

People arguing about whether he is a racist or not miss the point. The point is he is a bully, with a willingness to pick on the weakness of an individual, consistently and remorselessly until he breaks that individual down. That's not a person who any NFL team, especially one with a young impressionable roster is ever going to take a chance on. The Wells report was pretty clear, Martin was far from Incognito's first target, this a repeating pattern of behaviour,

The guy is done in the NFL. In my view, rightly so. Someone like that has no place on a team in an environment that should be about pulling for one another, not pulling one another apart.

And before anyone comes with the "oh you don't know what it's like in a locker room" etc... I've played and coached semi-professional soccer for the last 15 years. I know the two sports are not identical but I refuse to accept that the locker room culture is so different. Young, competitive guys are the same in whatever sport and every locker room has its banter, its jokes, its recurring themes.... but if a guy is going to the stage where it is hurting others it immediately hurts your team. I've seen it happen and I've always as a coach got rid of that personality immediately. Any team is only as strong as its weakest member... if you have a team member so destroyed by your own side..... well you are beaten before you start.

People arguing about whether he is a racist or not miss the point. The point is he is a bully, with a willingness to pick on the weakness of an individual, consistently and remorselessly until he breaks that individual down. That's not a person who any NFL team, especially one with a young impressionable roster is ever going to take a chance on. The Wells report was pretty clear, Martin was far from Incognito's first target, this a repeating pattern of behaviour,

The guy is done in the NFL. In my view, rightly so. Someone like that has no place on a team in an environment that should be about pulling for one another, not pulling one another apart.

And before anyone comes with the "oh you don't know what it's like in a locker room" etc... I've played and coached semi-professional soccer for the last 15 years. I know the two sports are not identical but I refuse to accept that the locker room culture is so different. Young, competitive guys are the same in whatever sport and every locker room has its banter, its jokes, its recurring themes.... but if a guy is going to the stage where it is hurting others it immediately hurts your team. I've seen it happen and I've always as a coach got rid of that personality immediately. Any team is only as strong as its weakest member... if you have a team member so destroyed by your own side..... well you are beaten before you start.

Pretty well answers my half-hearted, rhetorical question posted above- "Why not."

Is he better than Legursky? The answer is yes, that's the end of the argument.

You know we got an FA LG right ? And the draft is a nice place to find a left guard too .

Richie has been consistently questionable upstairs his whole career . Even outside of the game .

And he a pretty poorly graded player .

I am not sure what the attraction is for some folks here.

Rocky Oh Rocky

They got to you man . O my. We will miss you.

If you recover your senses we shall welcome you back .

Can we get an intervention over here please?

hell no incognito

Edited by 3rdand12

Also to echo what others have said.... I wouldn't be all that keen even taking away the baggage. I don't think he is that good, but then I do equally accept that offensive line play is the area of the game I feel least knowledgeable in respect of breaking down, so I might well under-estimate his abilities.

Also to echo what others have said.... I wouldn't be all that keen even taking away the baggage. I don't think he is that good, but then I do equally accept that offensive line play is the area of the game I feel least knowledgeable in respect of breaking down, so I might well under-estimate his abilities.

Very humble of you indeed.

rest assured the LG position last year was a weakness .

With the FA pickup Bills have improved , but we can only guess how much at this point. I would not mind one lick if they stepped it up another notch somehow. Excluding .

But the thought is valid to bring in better players

You know we got an FA LG right ? And the draft is a nice place to find a left guard too .

Richie has been consistently questionable upstairs his whole career . Even outside of the game .

And he a pretty poorly graded player .

I am not sure what the attraction is for some folks here.

Rocky Oh Rocky

They got to you man . O my. We will miss you.

If you recover your senses we shall welcome you back .

Can we get an intervention over here please?

hell no incognito

So our FA LG is better than Incognito? You sure?

And are you a proponent of taking a Left Guard in the first or second? If not, the odds of us landing a for sure starter are not high. The answer can't be "we can get an LG in the draft" when there are only 6 picks, we need other players, and only 2 of those picks have good odds of being starters.

So, unless we take a guard at 9 or 41 (without trades) we're rolling the dice on another late round O-line pick becoming anything other than a backup at best.

Hell, we could probably sign RI for a vet minimum contract with incentives. Incentives with DBAA clauses. And if he's a problem, bounce him. What's the worst that can happen? Unless he breaks Eric Wood's leg in a fight, every problem can be rectified by cutting him.

I mean, we are paying him to punch guys in the face for 60 minutes right? Not be best friends with Cordy Glenn?