Bon Jovi: 1 Billion

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just cannot see people like Terry and Kim Pegula, Tom Golisano, Jeremy Jacobs, Bob Rich, Chuck Schumer, Roger Goodell etc. letting this happen.

I also believe (hope) that Mary Wilson (trust) will sell the team to people who want to keep the team in Buffalo to the extent those offers are in the approximate range of offers from out-of-town interests.

Just my two cents.

Forbes valued the Bills at 870 million this past August so 1 billion should be a reasonably strong bid I would think (15% over valuation).

maybe so. But at the end of the day, Galisano, Pegula alone would ensure that the team stays here for the additional 150M. They could spend that in their sleep and not think about it. Then there's Trump.

Also, who are the investors linked to JBJ??? Would they be approved by the rest of the owners?

I just cannot see people like Terry and Kim Pegula, Tom Golisano, Jeremy Jacobs, Bob Rich, Chuck Schumer, Roger Goodell etc. letting this happen.

I also believe (hope) that Mary Wilson (trust) will sell the team to people who want to keep the team in Buffalo to the extent those offers are in the approximate range of offers from out-of-town interests.

Just my two cents.

well done

Forbes valued the Bills at 870 million this past August so 1 billion should be a reasonably strong bid I would think (15% over valuation).

Forbes had the Milwaukee Bucks at $405 million. They sold for $550 million (which many said was a bargain) which is a 35.8% premium to the Forbes valuation.

This would put the Bills at 1.18 billion or more using the comparison (which is loose but still gives an idea)>

Edited by FutureBillsGM

Just my two cents.

well said

Just my two cents.

I agree with your sentiments, exactly.

Also, who are the investors linked to JBJ??? Would they be approved by the rest of the owners?

Rumor has it he is in with Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, the group that owns most of Toronto's professional sports teams.

That group certainly has experience. I suppose them being approved would depend upon how much the NFL wanted to expand outside of the US.

Rumor has it he is in with Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, the group that owns most of Toronto's professional sports teams.

That group certainly has experience. I suppose them being approved would depend upon how much the NFL wanted to expand outside of the US.

still just rumors.

Everything is at this point.

exactly.

I have choosen to believe that the team won't be going anywhere. Any information I have at this point is just as speculatory as anyone else's information. And unless someone's name is Mary Wilson or Russ Brandon, chances are, they have no idea either.

So with all that said, all I can go off of is people like Tom Galisano, Terry Pegula, Jim Kelly, Fonald Trump all saying they want to buy the Bills and keep them in the area.

Its no rumor as he is directly connected with that group, and they do indeed intend to bid on the the Buffalo Bills.

If they do win the bid the team will move to Toronto after the lease is up. So, lets all hope Trump or someone who will keep the team ion Buffalo wins the bid

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/10/bon-jovi-part-of-toronto-group-expected-to-bid-on-bills

I think that group is putting in a bid and will bid on any and all teams that come up for sale. I don't believe they will get the Bills, but they are throwing their hats into the ring to let other potential sellers to know that they are serious players.

Seeing as how the investment banks haven't even completed their due diligence and established a true market value, I find it hard to believe anyone has put together any kind of "bid" for the team at this point, let alone publicized it and, in effect, started the bidding against himself.

GO BILLS!!!

Seeing as how the investment banks haven't even completed their due diligence and established a true market value, I find it hard to believe anyone has put together any kind of "bid" for the team at this point, let alone publicized it and, in effect, started the bidding against himself.

GO BILLS!!!

yeah. That's what I was trying to say.

On top of bidding against yourself, at this point, you've established publicly your bid when you know for a fact that more wealthy players that have expressed interest would know where they need to start at.

Well. Hope not. Just thinking about it... wouldn't that be an awfully awkward 7-10 years if the team played in Buffalo while JBJ prepared to move them? Wonder what those seasons would look like... hope I don't have to see it.

I doubt the fans would do it, but if Jon Von Blowme bought the team with the intention of moving it to Toronto, I'd say stay home and let him host games in an empty stadium until 2020.

I doubt the fans would do it, but if Jon Von Blowme bought the team with the intention of moving it to Toronto, I'd say stay home and let him host games in an empty stadium until 2020.

in theory... Yes. But in reality, I'd probably want to see them every last minute I could until they were gone.

in theory... Yes. But in reality, I'd probably want to see them every last minute I could until they were gone.

its a football team, not a sick relative..... im pretty sure a large cross section of the buffalo area fans would check out quickly.

Forbes had the Milwaukee Bucks at $405 million. They sold for $550 million (which many said was a bargain) which is a 35.8% premium to the Forbes valuation.

This would put the Bills at 1.18 billion or more using the comparison (which is loose but still gives an idea)>

Good post.

The Bill's true value will take into account the next TV contract as well as the recent $300 million dollar CBS/Thursday night deal (good deal for CBS, next one will be much more). This value can be discounted back into 'today's dollars' so to speak, but whatever the cost for the Bills will be, it's sure to surpass what Haslem paid for the Browns.

As if the Buck's, their value took into account the rumors of a pending internet/streaming deal that is expected in the future. Long story short, the $870/mil Forbes figure is pretty dated already.

Edited by stony