Who Don't You Want at 9?

LB3

I'm going to take a little different approach and if the draft falls like it looks like it will then there is no one I want at 9. I would be upset if the Bills do not move up to get one of the elite players in the draft (Mack, Watkins, Clowney, Robinson) or move back and acquire another 2nd. There will not be good value on the board IMO at 9 in Lewan, Ebron, Clinton-Dix, etc... I would just assume moving back and getting BPA at 15 or whatever.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to take a little different approach and if the draft falls like it looks like it will then there is no one I want at 9. I would be upset if the Bills do not move up to get one of the elite players in the draft (Mack, Watkins, Clowney, Robinson) or move back and acquire another 2nd. There will not be good value on the board IMO at 9 in Lewan, Ebron, Clinton-Dix, etc... I would just assume moving back and getting BPA at 15 or whatever.

It's funny you mention 15, because this morning the thought occurred to me that Pittsburgh would be an interesting candidate to move up. They badly need a CB as Ike Taylor & William Gay are getting up there, and Cortez Allen is nothing to write home about, and would likely need to leapfrog either Detroit and St. Louis if they want to get one of the top 2.

I don't think they'd give up a 2nd rounder though, probably a 3rd. The only team I could see giving up a 2 to move up much would be SF, and only if they had a guy that they really loved. For example, if they wanted a pass rusher in the event that Aldon Smith is suspended, that might make some sense, but I don't think they'd need to move all the way up to 9 unless they loved Anthony Barr.

This is spot on for how I hope the Draft plays out.

It's one of those rare years that I'm not so worried about the Bills messing up. Last year I really didn't want the Bills to take either of the guards or Geno Smith, luckily they didn't (although the jury is still out on him).

There have been years that I'd have a list of ten or so prospects I was worried out of my mind about the Bills drafting. This year, I have just minor concerns about the Bills taking Dix or one of the QBs. I even have a little apprehension about Ebron; he's a great talent but he drops a lot of passes. Given the choice between him and Evans, I'll take Evans.

I want Matthews or Ebron

I don't think the Bills will take a WR at 9 but I do see them taking one in the second or third round as this draft is deep at receiver.

As usual they will prob take a DB early in this draft as this team just loves using early picks on the secondary.

Yea. I think that's a pretty good assessment. I'd have no problem with going up for Mack, Clowney or Robinson... I'm not personally sure I'd go up for Watkins but I wouldn't have a huge issue with that it Buffalo consider him an elite prospect. I think a trade down is probably more likely though.

If Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Evans, Robinson, Matthews, or perhaps Ebron is not on the board at 9, I would be angry with any of the possible picks and would hope for a trade down. Beckman Jr. is intriguing to me but I think he's a mid teen talent level and would consider it a unnecessary reach.

Any tackle. We need a RT, not LT and you don't ever take RT's that high (I can argue not in the 1st round period). Trade back twice, get picks for this year and next year if you want a RT

This is one of those years where I would have no issue whatsoever trading back and getting 2015 draft picks as well. If we really wanna build L.T thats how you do it.

I don't want ANY QB!! You can't take QBs in back to back years (in 1st) without looking and being stupid.

Normally I would agree, however Ol' Buddy put this team in such a bad situation re: QB by ignoring year after year, that they

are in a position to draft QB and if not this year, fine, but next year then.

Oh, and this...

1. Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 1m

Tweeted this about a week ago, but Aaron Donald to #Bills in Round 1 isn't *that* crazy, IMO. Donald is essentially Kyle Williams 2.0.

A few of us have been talking about that possibility...he's not like Kyle Williams though--Donald is an incredible athlete. Not that Kyle isn't, he's just not in Donald's class athletically.