Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

Party in Winterfell Sunday night, any unexpected guests?

I'm thinking Pod and Brienne make it in time. Who else do you expect to show up?

I would think the battle for Winterfell would be the perfect event for little Robert Aryn to lose his life through a freak accident, even though he was far from the fighting.

How about one/some of Tyrion's Mountain Clan friends? Shagga? Timett, son of Timett?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think the battle for Winterfell would be the perfect event for little Robert Aryn to lose his life through a freak accident, even though he was far from the fighting.

How about one/some of Tyrion's Mountain Clan friends? Shagga? Timett, son of Timett?

Good calls as well. Shagga and co would be fun to see riding up with the knights of the Vale.

Party in Winterfell Sunday night, any unexpected guests?

I'm thinking Pod and Brienne make it in time. Who else do you expect to show up?

i got the impression from the preview that Jon and Ramsey will go Mano a mano after some initial battles?

i got the impression from the preview that Jon and Ramsey will go Mano a mano after some initial battles?

That's what it looked like, though it could be a mislead. Snow vs Bolton, Snow wins by a lot -- so I would assume Ramsey would have a few tricks up his sleeve to try to even the odds.

That's what it looked like, though it could be a mislead. Snow vs Bolton, Snow wins by a lot -- so I would assume Ramsey would have a few tricks up his sleeve to try to even the odds.

I predict after lining up for what appears to a one-on-one showdown, Ramsey whistles for his dogs and smirks. As they approach, Ghost intercedes, and the dogs all whimper and cower. That is the moment Ramsey knows he is done.

I also expect Tyrion to get on a dragon by the finale.

I think she's too far away to get there in time. But I wouldn't be surprised if she runs into Sam on her way back west, considering Sam has a habit of running into Snow's siblings when he's sent away on missions by Jon.

Too far away to make it in time? When Asha/Yara and Theon can sail from the Iron Islands to Volantis in an hour, anything is possible.

The Arya-MFG-Jaqen storyline was a waste.

That's exactly what I felt. What a terrible payoff.

Interesting, I felt the opposite. Arya's desire (and need) to flee her past led her to experience many things that will serve her in the future, but at the end of the day she realized she didn't want to let go of who she is. I wasn't nearly as put off by this storyline as some.

Interesting, I felt the opposite. Arya's desire (and need) to flee her past led her to experience many things that will serve her in the future, but at the end of the day she realized she didn't want to let go of who she is. I wasn't nearly as put off by this storyline as some.

Maybe the way it all ended has put a sour taste in my mouth but I just thought it was all very lazy. The Waif is now some horrible assassin who tries to kill Arya by stabbing her in the gut? And the whole building of he story line, that the Faceless Man is no one. Really hammered that home at the end of last season and where it was going. Then this season it's Arya and the Waif holding some grudge against her.

Just not clever and felt really clunky.

I didn't mind the story arc either. She changed her face in the brothel scene (though not in the book equivalent). That would be a great skill to have as the larger story wraps up. It is likely to have a big emotional payoff later.

~~~~~~~~~Contrivance~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Littlefinger has somehow managed to convince the world that Sansa is dead, but instead holds her hostage somewhere very secluded. He reveals his "real" self as he hits the old woman on his staff. Finally coming clean, we see he is a total sociopath, who plans to Sansa for years. We see Sansa is again in hell.

The old woman stabs him in his little finger and finishes him off, then peels off her face to reveal Arya, who jumps into Sansa's embrace....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was fun just writing that. More likely though the recipient is Cersei or someone else on Arya's list (Ilyn Paine?).

Arya is a survivor. We have watched her voyage from being a weak little girl in a cruel world, to having the strength and skill to navigate and go get what she wants.

I agree the lack of clear motives for the waif and Jaqen and details of Arya's escape were annoying and seemed like lazy writing for the show.

Edited by Matt in KC

I don't know why this hit me last night, maybe it was watching Cersei being backed into a corner more and more, but I think that Jamie is going to kill her before the end. I think that Tommen will die, possibly poisoned by Margery, and Cersei will lose her **** and try to burn the whole city to the ground. Jamie will kill her to stop her (Mad King part 2), and then kill himself.

Of course, this could all be proven wrong if Brienne kills him in the next few weeks.

You may be on to something regarding Cersei trying to burn Kings Landing to the ground. Recall back to back scenes last night.

Throne Room where Cersei is totally dissed. Her new Master of Whispers mentioned something about rumors Cersei had heard.

Next scene in the tent with Jamie and Tulley. Jamie was talking about Katelyn Stark and Cersei and a mother's love. There's nothing they wouldn't do for their children. Cersei would burn it all to the ground fot her children...

You may be on to something regarding Cersei trying to burn Kings Landing to the ground. Recall back to back scenes last night.

Throne Room where Cersei is totally dissed. Her new Master of Whispers mentioned something about rumors Cersei had heard.

Next scene in the tent with Jamie and Tulley. Jamie was talking about Katelyn Stark and Cersei and a mother's love. There's nothing they wouldn't do for their children. Cersei would burn it all to the ground fot her children...

I think that's where it's heading. Cersei has been investigating something and it wouldn't surprise me if she found the Mad Kings wildfire.

I think that's where it's heading. Cersei has been investigating something and it wouldn't surprise me if she found the Mad Kings wildfire.

I figure it's something about the high Septon.

I figure it's something about the high Septon.

The reason I say that she has found the wildfire is Brans visions he has of the Mad King Aerys and him telling pyromancers to set up caches of wildfire. They didn't get to set them off obviously because Jamie killed Aerys. I think it's possible that's what she's looking for to use against Tommen. The Mad Queen? Also fits in with Cerseis flashback and prophecy that she'll lose all 3 children.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Too far away to make it in time? When Asha/Yara and Theon can sail from the Iron Islands to Volantis in an hour, anything is possible.

True, the time line is fuzzy with the show. I just assume she will hook up with Sam and/or Danny before making it west but it's just a guess.

But she already knows about the wild fire, she was the one who ordered them to make more of the stuff before Blackwater, right? Or am I mixing that up? I could have sworn Tyrion was the second to learn of its existence, after his sister had already begun mass production.

But she already knows about the wild fire, she was the one who ordered them to make more of the stuff before Blackwater, right? Or am I mixing that up? I could have sworn Tyrion was the second to learn of its existence, after his sister had already begun mass production.

It's her idea in he book to mass produce it for the Battle of Blackwater. Tyrion just thought of how to use it. I don't think they show it as her idea in the show. I remember Bromn and Tyrion visit the pyromancers.

But I would imagine Aerys had more hidden within the city when he wants to "burn it all". It also explains why Bran saw that part in his vision as And Cersei knows how to use it. She can't have the pyromancers make it at this point like she did before, so maybe she's searching for it as a weapon?

Edited by Wayne Cubed