Report: Shawne "Lights Out" Merriman to join WWE

gflande1

Dude, I can't say for certain but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the extent to which Merriman did steroids with the Chargers pales in comparison to the extent to which professional wrestlers abused steroids in the '80's and '90's. And more importantly, what's killing all these wrestlers is the fact that they not only abused steroids but combined it with copious amounts of coke, alcohol and pain killers. It is the nature of the industry. I highly doubt Merriman could've amassed double digit sack seasons while abusing coke, alcohol and pain killers. In fact, I bet Merriman was and still is in immaculate physical condition- anaerobic and cardio (something that really isn't a huge part of wrestlers' training regimen). And furthermore, steroids are actually good for you if ingested properly and taken in moderation under a doctor's supervision. So yeah, there ya go.

Dude, (pfffft) if you don't think Merriman isn't likely to 'abuse coke, alcohol & pain-killers' on the road as a WWE performer, then we've watched 2 entirely different players during his NFL career.

I stand by my prognostication - with a 5 year curve 45-55, RIP.

Dude, (pfffft) if you don't think Merriman isn't likely to 'abuse coke, alcohol & pain-killers' on the road as a WWE performer, then we've watched 2 entirely different players during his NFL career.

I stand by my prognostication - with a 5 year curve 45-55, RIP.

WWE now has a strict 'wellness policy' that seems to have largely done away with illegal drug use. Unlike in the 80s and 90s it's now a publically traded company, which has brought about all kinds of changes in the way they do business, one of which is going to great lengths in an attempt to separate from the steroid-ridden image. At one point they suspended one of their biggest stars for a wellness violation and fired another for a marijuana arrest along with numerous lower-profile incidences, and have dropped hundreds of thousands rehabilitating former wrestlers. As someone who follows the company I highly doubt any active performer would be abusing cocaine on the road in today's climate.

Edited by Aaron