Report: Shawne "Lights Out" Merriman to join WWE

gflande1

Seems like a logical next step for him. Steroids are not only “legal” in WWE but probably encouraged.

Edit: and by legal I mean I don't think they get tested. I know they are not really legal anywhere in this country.

Edited by 3 --> 10 Connection

The life of a WWE action athlete is brutal. They're on the road 350 days a year and punish their body. Get to know real wrestling stories and you'll understand what everyone is saying about him being dead young.

The same Arnold who is rumored to have blown out his initial heart valve replacement by trying to work out while still in the hospital 48 hours after his initial procedure? 17 years ago. . .at the age of 50?

He seems a likely candidate to be dead by 50, so why not?

Yeah, really. But on the bright side, if he dies, the Bills will still re-sign him.

Colin cowherd calls WWE fans booger eaters.

I've seen 2 WWE shows at the Garden since Christmas with my youngest. It's a blast. No boogers though.

He seems a likely candidate to be dead by 50, so why not?

Dude, I can't say for certain but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the extent to which Merriman did steroids with the Chargers pales in comparison to the extent to which professional wrestlers abused steroids in the '80's and '90's. And more importantly, what's killing all these wrestlers is the fact that they not only abused steroids but combined it with copious amounts of coke, alcohol and pain killers. It is the nature of the industry. I highly doubt Merriman could've amassed double digit sack seasons while abusing coke, alcohol and pain killers. In fact, I bet Merriman was and still is in immaculate physical condition- anaerobic and cardio (something that really isn't a huge part of wrestlers' training regimen). And furthermore, steroids are actually good for you if ingested properly and taken in moderation under a doctor's supervision. So yeah, there ya go.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Why fault the guy? If he has an opportunity with his past MMA experience, and presence to capitalize and have some type of career, I wouldn't fault him. He's on NFL Network now, but not a star.

Why give a guy a hard time about making a living. It's not like it's a long time career.

Make a living?? He just scammed the Bills for what, at least 5 million for absolutely nothing in return? Most people could live nicely on that well into retirement.

Dude, I can't say for certain but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the extent to which Merriman did steroids with the Chargers pales in comparison to the extent to which professional wrestlers abused steroids in the '80's and '90's. And more importantly, what's killing all these wrestlers is the fact that they not only abused steroids but combined it with copious amounts of coke, alcohol and pain killers. It is the nature of the industry. I highly doubt Merriman could've amassed double digit sack seasons while abusing coke, alcohol and pain killers. In fact, I bet Merriman was and still is in immaculate physical condition- anaerobic and cardio (something that really isn't a huge part of wrestlers' training regimen). And furthermore, steroids are actually good for you if ingested properly and taken in moderation under a doctor's supervision. So yeah, there ya go.

Merriman wasn't exactly in "immaculate condition" in his last years in SD and his whole tenure in Buffalo.

It's pretty clear, given Merriman's meteoric rise and subsequent fall into years of injury and mediocrity, that steroids really weren't that good for him....