Game of Thrones: Season 4

Kevin

to be honest and not spoil anything

I truly don't know what to expect from the writers week to week.

loved how Robin dropped the gift down the moon door.

Yeah, Robin is the monstrous brat that just keeps the hits coming. Hard to tell where he gets it from, huh?

Seriously though, the character is written and cast with such delightful nuance, its easy to call him the best, most hateable character this side of Joffrey.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Robin is the monstrous brat that just keeps the hits coming. Hard to tell where he gets it from, huh?

Seriously though, the character is written and cast with such delightful nuance, its easy to call him the best, most hateable character this side of Joffrey.

despicable maybe. I'm not at the hate part yet.

on the hateable list

Twin Lanister

Joff (deceased)

The mountain

The hound

Cersei other than being a MILF

Theon

Ramsay Snow

hateable but moving up to likable Jamie

and for some reason likable from the get go Tyrion

I thought it was a great episode. Love the Littlefinger-Sansa storyline. I also like how the Bran storyline evolved, even though it was a bit different than the book.

I'll admit, I was a bit surprised that the character sent by Bolton to the Wall to find Bran was offed by the Bran-Hodor combo. Totally not in the books, but well done!

I thought it was a great episode. Love the Littlefinger-Sansa storyline. I also like how the Bran storyline evolved, even though it was a bit different than the book.

I'll admit, I was a bit surprised that the character sent by Bolton to the Wall to find Bran was offed by the Bran-Hodor combo. Totally not in the books, but well done!

Yeah everything about Locke these past three episodes has been abrupt: His dispatch to the north, his admittance to the Night's Watch, his infiltration into Snow's band, his beeline to Bran and his demise, all quick and dirty.

despicable maybe. I'm not at the hate part yet.

on the hateable list

Twin Lanister

Joff (deceased)

The mountain

The hound

Cersei other than being a MILF

Theon

Ramsay Snow

hateable but moving up to likable Jamie

and for some reason likable from the get go Tyrion

Aw...c'mon...the Hound is pretty cool for a "bad guy".

Agree about Tyrion...the guy who plays him is excellent. Like all the great dramas from this modern "golden age" of television, the bad guys all have admirable qualites, and the good guys all have weaknesses...

All in all, I find the acting on this show to be very, very good... the only one I find a little off is Dani...but she is pretty hot! And I give her some slack because a fair amount of her lines are delivered, no doubt, in front of green screens, with cgi added in later.

Edited by Buftex

Next week looks big.... Mother of dragons infiltrates kings landing.

say what?

please post a link, cuz that would be ....... damn wrong thread

Wrong thread Rubes. twists belong in the readers thread.

I like girls. I haven't read the books.

Preview following newest episode showed tywin having a discussion about Danerys taking over iirc.

I believe Tywin was referring to the slave city.

I'm really enjoying the Littlefinger character. His voice and mannerisms are all sorts of creepy and weird, but frankly I like me a character who is sneaky in all the right ways. Makes for a really good villain. Joffrey was just a piece of crap. At least Littlefinger and Tywin are intelligent (in various ways) and demand respect.

It'll be interesting to see what moves Littlefinger makes before and after Danerys's moves towards Westeros (assuming they happen at all).

say what?

please post a link, cuz that would be ....... damn wrong thread

Wrong thread Rubes. twists belong in the readers thread.

What, is it bad to point out where the TV show differs from the books, without going into what specifically happened in the books?

What, is it bad to point out where the TV show differs from the books, without going into what specifically happened in the books?

no, it may lead to the reader(s) replying in full with what may be a true spoiler,

like I almost did

I don't think so, I enjoy it Rubes. Please continue spoiler free as you have been.

is it a spoiler if it was never in the books? like the white walker king and the baby ........

no, it may lead to the reader(s) replying in full with what may be a true spoiler,

like I almost did

is it a spoiler if it was never in the books? like the white walker king and the baby ........

I can only answer as someone who's yet to read the books... I don't think it's an issue.

Yeah, this thread came dangerously close? Almost had to abandon it for good.

I have meetings every week with a group of people, some who have read all the books, some who have read some, some who have only watched the show, and so on. I'm constantly aware of possible spoilers, and I've been trained to dance around them with the skill of a water dancer...

I have meetings every week with a group of people, some who have read all the books, some who have read some, some who have only watched the show, and so on. I'm constantly aware of possible spoilers, and I've been trained to dance around them with the skill of a water dancer...

As someone who hasn't read the books (and has no intention to do so), I really don't mind spoilers. If the show is good, spoilers aren't going to ruin it for me.

When I watch the show, it is normally on HBO On Demand. If you watch it ON Demand, they have these little "discussions" about the episode, with the two series produceres (Benioff & Weiss)... if you have ever watched these little features, you will notice, they always speak about the episodes as if the person watching has read the books. At first, it just seemed like they were giving the characters attributes that weren't really explained by simply watching the show. But as the show progressed, it became more apparent that they are assuming you know what is going to happen to some degree... first time I really noticed it, was late in season one, or maybe early season two, when they were talking about Aryia...one of the producers said something like "this is our first insight into the capacity she develops to kill". At that point, she was still just a spunky little kid... they made some other comments about Littlefingers' feelings for Sansa as well, before it appeared that storyline might be going in the current direction.

Edited by Buftex