Game of Thrones: Season 4

Kevin

I enjoy this show. I have watched the first 3 seasons, and find it very entertaining. The gratuitous nudity (and many gorgeous women....Oona Chaplin.... :worthy::cry: ) make up for some of its' "talkiness". I normally watch it on HBO On Demand, as opposed to its' first showing. Afterwards they have these little 5 minute "inside the episode" features where the writers talk about the episode you just watched. I am often struck by how often they refer to the books, and tell you things about the characters that are, presumably, in the books, but not part of the show. I have been watching it this way, since the beginning, so I am not sure if that is adding to my enjoyment, or not. Like, do the episodes stand on their own, and are the characters fleshed out enough on the screen...or do you need knowledge from the books?

for some reason I think that the torture of Reek was not in the books - at least not in the detail / order of events they portrayed on the show.

Anybody else notice that Daario Naharis changed?

immediately

the old actor is / was filming for Transporter 4 the prequel. Sorry but IMO he doesn't look like a young Jason Statham

It's hard for me to answer definitively seeing I can't really watch it without the prior knowledge I already have. I think with any translation though you are always going to miss something because there is no way you can accurately put to screen the glimpse into the inner working of a character's mind that you get while reading the books.

I would say based on the show's immense popularity that they are doing a good job in translation though even if it isn't 100% spot on.

I'm not that far in the show yet but now I'm interested now to see what twist the show put on it.

SPOILER ALERT

IIRC the young queen was left at Riverrun because of her condition

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't think they'd get to that plot point that early.

I thought it was going to be a few episodes also. I wonder how far this seasons going to go in relation to the books.

a little humble pie?

choke on it Jeff

for book readers

1, 2 or 3 story line twists?

I was waiting for the pigs

I was waiting for that also. Actually liked the shows version better than the book. But it makes me wonder what's going to happen down the road.

I was waiting for that also. Actually liked the shows version better than the book. But it makes me wonder what's going to happen down the road.

No pigs? IIRC that was one of the main catalysts for Tyrion to start verbally sparring.

And it definitely does raise the question about one of those characters down the road.

I always thought Jeoffry would get his, I was hoping he would be tortured a bit, but I enjoyed it none the less.

Agreed. I was cheering when it happened but I also had hoped it would be longer and more painful.

Joff got his just deserts

Agreed. I was cheering when it happened but I also had hoped it would be longer and more painful.

I always thought Jeoffry would get his, I was hoping he would be tortured a bit, but I enjoyed it none the less.

Probably too difficult and expensive to get five trained pigs in Ireland.

it's been a while I may need to reread the books.

was it 5 pigs or 2?

Joff got his just deserts

it's been a while I may need to reread the books.

was it 5 pigs or 2?

Oh man, if only there was a thread where you could talk specifically about things that happened in the book that didn't happen in the TV show.