Has there ever been a darker time in Buffalo sports history?

I can't think of a more deserving fan base in all the world to get a championship than Buffalo. With what the Sabres are going through (record, loss of miller, Lafontaine, etc..) and the uncertainty of the Bills remaining in Buffalo, I have a hard time come up with a more depressing atmosphere around these parts. I have said from day one that as long as we have the Bills stay in Buffalo, I will be happy. Would it be great to have a Super Bowl? Sure, but the thought of taking away the communal atmosphere that takes place on Sundays would honestly be heart breaking (and I mean that in the truest sense of the words.) Let's all put some positive vibes out there and pray that some good investors start appearing in in WNY.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of a more deserving fan base in all the world to get a championship than Buffalo. With what the Sabres are going through (record, loss of miller, Lafontaine, etc..) and the uncertainty of the Bills remaining in Buffalo, I have a hard time come up with a more depressing atmosphere around these parts. I have said from day one that as long as we have the Bills stay in Buffalo, I will be happy. Would it be great to have a Super Bowl? Sure, but the thought of taking away the communal atmosphere that takes place on Sundays would honestly be heart breaking (and I mean that in the truest sense of the words.) Let's all put some positive vibes out there and pray that some good investors start appearing in in WNY.

I keep saying the pendulum has to swing our way at some point, right?!

it could be worse. god forbid anything happens to jim or they announce bon jovi buying the team in the near future. because of Ralph we have a team to root for and care about through the highs and lows.

so for now let's just remember the life of this great man and everything he has done for this area with fondness. RIP Ralph

Ralph

Jimbo

Morning after all 4

Morning after Music City

Morning after "No Goal"

Game 7 2006: Carolina game playing scrubs from Rochester on D(One of the best rosters Sabres have ever had)

The subsequent dismantling of a winner: Bye to Briere, Bye to Drury....(then Campbell)

so close to glory on many occasions.

The day the Buffalo Braves left for San Diego still when i think about it still stings me.

But Ralph going home is the low point for me , and I cant think of anything worse, Super Bowls included.

Was going to mention the Braves moving...

Also a related headline one morning in Courier Express...

Bob McAdoo traded to Knicks for John Gianelli and cash.

Edited by nucci

As Rust says at the end of True Detective: “Light versus dark. You’re looking at it wrong, the sky thing. If you ask me, light’s winning."

I think we've seen the worst of it. The last few days with the support for Kelly and the outpouring for Ralph, you see all the positives. I predict that in the coming months that we'll start to see the groups come forward that will ultimately keep the team in Buffalo. In addition, I think the team is going to turn the corner on the field. It will come together and this dark time will be behind and the team will be as strong as ever.

Edited by SF Bills Fan

Ralph's passing does not automatically equates to the Bills moving out. RIP Ralph Wilson.

This. It is a dark time because of Mr. Wilson's passing. That does not necessarily mean that the team will be moving. Regardless, that is beyond our control as fans. Right now, I offer prayers to the Wilson family and thanks to Mr. Wilson for giving us the Buffalo Bills. The rest will sort itself out later.

Tim Horton & Rick Martin's untimely ends.

Braves

OJ

Briere & Drury hours apart

Honorable mention: Ronnie Harmon, Wide left

But, to the OP's question: no, this seems darkest.

When you add up Jim Kelly, Ralph Wilson (along with uncertainty of team) and ongoing 14 year playoff drought to the most unwatchable season in Sabres history, it has to be the worst year in Buffalo Sports.