Has there ever been a darker time in Buffalo sports history?

As Rust says at the end of True Detective: “Light versus dark. You’re looking at it wrong, the sky thing. If you ask me, light’s winning."

I think we've seen the worst of it. The last few days with the support for Kelly and the outpouring for Ralph, you see all the positives. I predict that in the coming months that we'll start to see the groups come forward that will ultimately keep the team in Buffalo. In addition, I think the team is going to turn the corner on the field. It will come together and this dark time will be behind and the team will be as strong as ever.

True Detective is best show EVER!

R.I.P Mr. Wilson, a true pioneer and a great man.

Even worse...we got Kato Kaelin.

Nonsense. That was a glorious failure. Superbowl XXVII was much, much lower.

But this is lower still. I saw "Wide Right" on some of the Ralph Wilson stories last night, and it didn't even have the same impact it usually does (i.e. I didn't stand up and lean left, thinking that maybe this time it'll go through. Don't lie...you all do it too.)

I think "wide right" could have taken off 5 years off any Bills fan along with music city miracle.

I am now 34, and was crying hysterically and going nuts after wide right and i'll never forget my dad calling me from Fla (i lived in Montreal at the time) to say congrats after RJ led Bills to "apparent" GW FG and then comes the home run throwback to Dyson... i almost fainted and went nuts!!! I think i probably blacked out with anger after that 1!

R.I.P Mr. Wilson, and plz g-d, let Jimbo beat this, there is no tougher man out there to do it!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sabres future is actually brighter now than ever in history. We are finally rebuilding and not just retooling. We will soon have ELITE players on this team for the first time since Hasek and the French Connection. The Bills on the other hand are at the worst point in the history of its franchise IMO.

I don't know if I should wake you or just let you dream away. Nearly a decade of 6-10 through 9-7 is so FAR from the worst point, you must be talking about another franchise.

Sabres? Elite?? Someone forgot to tell the League about this because a glance at the standings this morning says we'll be picking 2nd overall -but still have a shot at being #1 -on the other end..

Dude, wasn't it, though?

Seriously, that sucked. Seriously, up at halftime and then moving the ball early in the third quarter I dared myself to dream.

:censored:

The next, I just couldn't believe it...four straight.

Considering someone, probably an employee from the hotel, broke into our room and stole a bunch of stuff while we were at the game...

I don't know if I should wake you or just let you dream away. Nearly a decade of 6-10 through 9-7 is so FAR from the worst point, you must be talking about another franchise.

Sabres? Elite?? Someone forgot to tell the League about this because a glance at the standings this morning says we'll be picking 2nd overall -but still have a shot at being #1 -on the other end..

Sabres are not Elite. Reread my post. The Sabres will be getting ELITE prospects in the next two drafts. They will be a powerhouse in 3-5 years. The Bills are always in limbo. To good for a top pick/to bad for the playoffs. Rebuild>Retool

Also the Sabres are guarenteed a top 2 pick this year, and possibly the first overall pick. Next year we have 3 1st rounders in the deepest draft in a decade. Isles/Sabres pick are both likely top 5-10 picks. We also have the 2nd best prospect pool in the NHL currently. Pegula has renovated the entire arena and is building another building that will house 2 ice rinks/hotel across the street. Here are some stats to back up my post.

No.1 Overall picks at forward over the last twenty years have averaged .94 pts per game. Of the 14 forwards draft No. 1. 4 have averaged a pt a game or better (Kovie, Ovie, Sid and Stamkos). Another another 3 (Kane, Thornton and Tavares) are at .9 or better. Only Yakupov and Stefan averaged less then .75 pts per game. Bottomline, you get an elite scoring forward if you draft No. 1

No. 2 overall picks at forward aren't far behind, but there is a drop off. These 13 forwards average .8 pts per game with only Malkin and Spezza averaging a pt per game or better. Heatley and Eric Staal average .9 pts per game or better. All 13 forwards drafted in the last 20 years in the 2nd slot are currently in the NHL.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team-rankings/

Edited by Awwufelloff