2014 Schedule Release "still" TBD. UPDATE: Tonight, 8:00pm

The NFL, year to year, is generally quite on the official schedule release date. This link/report places emphasis on the complexity of developing the NFL schedule (impacting factors include: London games, Stadium specific concerns, etc.).

The 3rd week in April is a soft year to year standard.

I hope the NFL responds to the Bills' frustration in the number of opponents coming off a bye week/Thursday Night game.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/41510/NFL-uncertain-of-release-date-for-2014-schedule/Default.aspx

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL, year to year, is generally quite on the official schedule release date. This link/report places emphasis on the complexity of developing the NFL schedule (impacting factors include: London games, Stadium specific concerns, etc.).

The 3rd week in April is a soft year to year standard.

I hope the NFL responds to the Bills' frustration in the number of opponents coming off a bye week/Thursday Night game.

http://www.theredzon...le/Default.aspx

maybe they'll do the Bills a favor in honor of Ralph

maybe they'll do the Bills a favor in honor of Ralph

We can only hope. In years past it seemed like the schedule makers didn't want to rock the boat....So they used a template from the previous year. I'm hoping Buffalo forced their hand this year.

Edited by KellyToTasker

• 4 weeks later...

The NFL Network program listings this week give no indication the schedule release is planned. Not saying that isn't by design, since they seem to want to drag the suspense of this thing out. It's just annoying; I'd really like to book some travel plans and this is the latest release I can recall.

The NFL Network program listings this week give no indication the schedule release is planned. Not saying that isn't by design, since they seem to want to drag the suspense of this thing out. It's just annoying; I'd really like to book some travel plans and this is the latest release I can recall.

normally the draft would be this week and they release it the week before the draft on tuesday (ie last tuesday), so its not toooo far off schedule.

im guessing they have 2-3 possible schedules and they are negotiating some last minute things they would like to have happen (either venue, or TV debates) before picking the one to roll with.

normally the draft would be this week and they release it the week before the draft on tuesday (ie last tuesday), so its not toooo far off schedule.

im guessing they have 2-3 possible schedules and they are negotiating some last minute things they would like to have happen (either venue, or TV debates) before picking the one to roll with.

I really don't like them moving the draft into mid-May, probably because I find all of the mock draft talk idiotic to begin with, so having two more weeks of it drives me batty. I find myself completely ignoring the NFL sections of any website these days. At least give me the schedule so I can prepare my "Dinner's on me..." entry.

book your rooms. Book your car. Those can be changed or cancelled without penalty.

book your rooms. Book your car. Those can be changed or cancelled without penalty.

and depending on the airline, so can that (atleast change). i use southwest all the time and its no penalty to change, for instance... you could book a cheap flight on a weekend you hope for and always swap it as a full credit towards a new flight if needed (or a trip somewhere else if you really cant work with the schedule).

Edited by NoSaint

I really don't like them moving the draft into mid-May, probably because I find all of the mock draft talk idiotic to begin with, so having two more weeks of it drives me batty. I find myself completely ignoring the NFL sections of any website these days. At least give me the schedule so I can prepare my "Dinner's on me..." entry.

You and me both brother...having said that i have rooms at least booked for every weekend in September