Bills Pre-Draft Visits

iommi

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gragg can't catch when defended. Saw that last year...omho...he is camp fodder, thats all. Undersize etc.

And what would have been your assessment of Graham or Witten or Gates after year 1? Look, I have no idea if Gragg will ever amount to anything, but given his injury and the possibilities he has with his athleticism, it would seem short-sighted to immediately declare him "camp fodder"....

Don't get me wrong. I like Chandler. but he plays smaller than his size and isn't the type of TE that is a mismatch like Gronk (not saying TN has to be Gronk).

But he's about the closest thing to him in this draft. He will develop into an outstanding TE in the NFL, IMHO.

my pipe dream would be a trade down in round one, getting an OT and getting Niklas and a WR in round 2. I see Niklas lasting until the latter part of the second round and thought he would be a real bargain. I'd love to see him as a Bill.

I don't. I see NE picking him at the bottom of Round 1.

From last night:

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 11h

6 out of 30 MT @alexmarvez: @RyanShazier also told Bill Polian & me he just left Rams HQ & is headed to #Bills for next pre-draft visit

Would play WLB in a 4-3 (Kiko's position) and projected to 1st round. Due diligence for a possible trade partner at 41 if he slips? Great prospect, can't see the Bills drafting him.

40 inch vertical as well...

Huh? Last college season:

Cody Lattimore: 72 catches, 1096 yards, 9 TDs, 15.2 yards/rec

Robert Woods: 76 catches, 846 yards, 11 TDs, 11.1 yards/rec

Seems like he put up better numbers than Woods, not sure what you are looking at to say he put up "no where near the numbers" Wood put up...

Career production.

Only reason I compare these two is trying to look at how they would fit onto the Bills. Woods has a ceiling as a #1 WR IMO but is not there yet, and currently in the #2/#3 spot. IMO (and his draft profile says this too) Latimer has a ceiling of a #2 or #3. I think they fill the same role in the offense (#2 WR on the outside, good straightline speed but not elusive) and where I wouldn't get the pick is that we need a #1 WR and he is projected in the 2nd-3rd round where I think our needs are elsewhere than another #2 or #3 WR. My point was I think Woods is the better player and don't need Latimer unless he ends up being a later round pick then I could see it, his measurables are nice. I also overreacted originally because I wasn't aware that you can bring in 30 players and often players visit who the Bills end up taking in later rounds or as UDFAs.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports 22h

Ohio State CB Bradley Roby told @alexmarvez and @Gil_Brandt on @SiriusXMNFL he has pre-draft visits to #Titans, Steelers, Jets, Bills and SD

Beerball:

Is there any way you (or another mod) would be willing to split off all the general TE discussion into another thread, and leave this one cleaned up for it's stated purpose?

Thanks.

To be honest, the reason why I want an upgrade at Tight End is because it's a position where it has recently helped young QBs. It's nice to have a big target over the middle of the field that can take the ball an extra 3-5 yards. It's the reason why the Colts drafted Coby Fleener to help with Andrew Luck. Notably, it really, really helped in the system most like what the Bills tried to run last year: Chip Kelly's offense for the Eagles. People can't seem to shut up about how Zack Ertz really helped the team and how excited they are to see him develop.

Right now we have Chandler, who doesn't seem to have great chemistry with EJ and gets stopped pretty much exactly where he catches the ball and Moeaki, where we have no idea what we have yet. It would be nice to have some insurance.

I want an upgrade at TE too, I just don't believe that Niklas is going to be a significant upgrade over Chandler, so why use a high pick on a guy that will likely only improve the offense slightly? Use the pick on a position that is below par, or use it on an elite athlete at a position where there is room for more than one (most of the time, there is only one TE on the field).

I think this points out an important factor. Most positions, if the drafted player is good, he just pushes the weakest link at the position onto the bench. A tight end, a QB, a center, ...these guys take the only spot, and the guy he replaced doesn't play. Not the best way to use high picks (of course, you have to get a QB).

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Roby, Seastrunk and Shazier are all there today per Bills text.

Seastrunk is an interesting player, wouldn't mind having him on the team.

Why Roby? We can't possibly be looking for another CB.

Shazier does not excite me as much as others. As far as OLB's go, I'd rather have Kyle Van Noy.

The Bills don't text anymore. I'm sure you're referring to the Bills App notification.

Oops, meant per app

Seastrunk is an interesting player, wouldn't mind having him on the team.

Why Roby? We can't possibly be looking for another CB.

Shazier does not excite me as much as others. As far as OLB's go, I'd rather have Kyle Van Noy.

I think with Shazier and Roby both being projected as bottom of 1st/top of 2nd round guys and many teams being really in the market for players at these positions, the Bills may be evaluating them for possible trade down scenarios with those types of teams at 41 - as far as what their value would be. Same idea Pats have with hosting Manziel, etc. They don't need him or draft where he will likely be taken, but they may find themselves in a situation where he drops and another team wants to trade up to their spot to take him and they need to know what value to ask for in return.

Shazier would play Kiko's position in a 4-3 and Roby is going to be a starter on whatever team he is drafted by but I would prefer it not be the Bills (who really don't need him). Although he is a ST beast though... so a Marrone guy lol

Edited by YoloinOhio

So the question becomes....what do you want in a TE?

- Do you want a very big WR type more in the H Back role who will cause mismatch problems but will probably get beat a lot on running plays?

- Do you want a legit sized TE who can be "open when he is covered" and provide a security blanket for our young QB.....knowing that all EJ has to do is get it in the general vicinity....AND be able to take on a DE or two on blitz pick up and not get rag dolled?

It all depends on what your looking for in a TE.....and what the scheme is going to be of the offense.

I personally think Hacket wants to run the ball....a LOT.....keep the chains moving....not put everything on EJ's shoulders.....convert first downs.....pro long drives....score points. If we want to maul people in the running game we need the monsters to be able to do that.

I think Niklas has you covered there. Best blocker plus most 20+ pass receptions among TEs. I've said before that Niklas might end up being first drafted TE.

Maybe thinking safety ala Byrd?

This is has been brought up and I have no idea what the Bills plan is bringing him in other than maybe evaluating for a trade down scenario at 41. But Roby's biggest asset is he has elite speed. I believe he could be a very good NFL corner with some good coaching. You can't teach speed. I think he ends up at corner for someone and saftey would maybe not be his best position. He has a CB mentality. I think he could do it. Played in a terrible scheme in college and his performance this year jaded me only because I am a die-hard Buckeye fan. Not from a talent perspective. I do think there is something missing and it is coachable. I would prefer not to watch him in a Bills uni as he "develops" but think he has potential at corner. JMO. Edited by YoloinOhio

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 5m

#Bills hosting pre-draft visitors Clemson DB Bashaud Breeland & Duke CB Ross Cockrell. Details here. http://ow.ly/voOxH

http://www.buffalobi...6d-eaaa3d7cbe9f

Seems to be a lot of secondary players so far... :unsure:

Just in case anyone can't get to the link. Interesting on all the DBs. Jauron-like.

Also-

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia 1m

#Bills listed Breeland as a safety in the media advisory

Edited by YoloinOhio