223 members have voted

1. 1. who would you draft

• evans
    • ebron

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people think the signing of Chandler means the Bills will not take Ebron?

The Bills could use a 2 TE set and Ebron and Chandler has a nice ring to it

CBF

I don't think the signing of Chandler (who took a pay cut, so shows how much they really "wanted" him) means anything other than they wanted flexibility in the draft.

Dane Brugler@dpbrugler 52m

Interesting: there are at least 2 NFL teams who have Texas A&M's Mike Evans as the top WR on their draft board #NFLDraft

Ability to make the contested catch > ability to separate with speed. Separation speed can be taken away with rolled S/elite CB/double coverage). Ability to make contested grabs can't.

There you go...

The ability to catch a contested ball in the NFL is becoming more and more necessary...Coverages are tight...It's not the same as the College game and Evans fits what an increasing amount of teams are looking for... B-)

Dane Brugler@dpbrugler 52m

Interesting: there are at least 2 NFL teams who have Texas A&M's Mike Evans as the top WR on their draft board #NFLDraft

Ability to make the contested catch > ability to separate with speed. Separation speed can be taken away with rolled S/elite CB/double coverage). Ability to make contested grabs can't.

There you go...

The ability to catch a contested ball in the NFL is becoming more and more necessary...Coverages are tight...It's not the same as the College game and Evans fits what an increasing amount of teams are looking for... B-)

I didn't want to bring this up earlier and cloud the conversation but draftniks think Watkins is the foregone conclusion as first WR off the board. If Evans interviews well and teams think he has the capacity to work I wouldn't be surprised if Evans goes before Watkins.

Watkins is the safer pick IMO but Evans has the higher ceiling.

I didn't want to bring this up earlier and cloud the conversation but draftniks think Watkins is the foregone conclusion as first WR off the board. If Evans interviews well and teams think he has the capacity to work I wouldn't be surprised if Evans goes before Watkins.

Watkins is the safer pick IMO but Evans has the higher ceiling.

If Evans is really moving up then it's all good for the Bills I guess...I have absolutely no doubt they will take Watkins if he's there at #9 and Evans is gone...So the chances that one of them is there are very, very good...And while Watkins is definitely shorter he does have the ability to play bigger...I agree Evans has the higher ceiling...I honestly don't think the Bills can go wrong with either...What would be REAL interesting is if both were available at #9...I'm guessing they take Watkins, but can you imagine the outcry if they went with Evans?... B-)

If Evans is really moving up then it's all good for the Bills I guess...I have absolutely no doubt they will take Watkins if he's there at #9 and Evans is gone...So the chances that one of them is there are very, very good...And while Watkins is definitely shorter he does have the ability to play bigger...I agree Evans has the higher ceiling...I honestly don't think the Bills can go wrong with either...What would be REAL interesting is if both were available at #9...I'm guessing they take Watkins, but can you imagine the outcry if they went with Evans?... B-)

I doubt any NFL team is giving away their draft board information and I suspect what Brugler got was misinformation for the sole purpose of placing doubt regarding Watkins in the heads of GMs picking in the top 5.

Evans is not a "high ceiling" guy. He physically lacks quickness in and out of his breaks. That's not something you can teach or get much better at, either you have the ability or you don't and he doesn't. What Evans' ceiling is would be a Vincent Jackson or a Plaxico Burris type of career. A solid #1 receiver but never considered a perennial all pro. Evans also has the tag of being a "boom or bust" type of prospect given his route running issues and the fact that there have been very few receivers in NFL history with his size. Is he Vincent Jackson or is he David Boston?

Watkins on the other hand is almost unanimously considered an elite "blue chip" WR prospect who actually does have the high ceiling of a perennial all pro.

I doubt any NFL team is giving away their draft board information and I suspect what Brugler got was misinformation for the sole purpose of placing doubt regarding Watkins in the heads of GMs picking in the top 5.

Evans is not a "high ceiling" guy. He physically lacks quickness in and out of his breaks. That's not something you can teach or get much better at, either you have the ability or you don't and he doesn't.

Tape and the combine don't back up your claim.

40 Time

Watkins - 4.43!!!

Evans - 4.53

3 Cone Drill

Watkins - 6.95

Evans - 7.08

20 yard Shuttle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20-yard_shuttle

The 20-yard shuttle, also simply called the short shuttle, is a test performed by American football athletes at the NFL combine. It is primarily run to evaluate the quickness and change-of-direction ability of players by scouts, particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiate recruiting.

Evans - 4.26!

Watkins - 4.34

60 yard Shuttle

Evans - 11.58!

Watkins - DNP

Again, Awesome Crusade Bro!

Tape and the combine don't back up your claim.

40 Time

Watkins - 4.43!!!

Evans - 4.53

3 Cone Drill

Watkins - 6.95

Evans - 7.08

20 yard Shuttle

http://en.wikipedia....20-yard_shuttle

The 20-yard shuttle, also simply called the short shuttle, is a test performed by American football athletes at the NFL combine. It is primarily run to evaluate the quickness and change-of-direction ability of players by scouts, particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiaterecruiting.

Evans - 4.26!

Watkins - 4.34

60 yard Shuttle

Evans - 11.58!

Watkins - DNP

Again, Awesome Crusade Bro!

There's a reason why the NFL combine is considered a joke. The main purpose for the combine is for teams to meet and greet the players in the hopes of finding out which players are and aren't head cases.

I dare you to watch back to back tape of Watkins and Evans. Then tell me that Evans' cuts don't remind you of a river barge when compared to Watkins.

Edited by 1billsfan

There's a reason why the NFL combine is considered a joke. The main purpose for the combine is for teams to meet and greet the players in the hopes of finding out which players are and aren't head cases.

I dare you to watch back to back tape of Watkins and Evans. Then tell me that Evans' cuts don't remind you of a river barge when compared to Watkins.

Evans does not "lack physical quickness in and out of his breaks."

Thats what you said.

I can't find anything to back up that statement.

I don't see how Watkins tape has anything to do with the statement you made.

Again, Awesome Crusade, Bro!

Evans is not a "high ceiling" guy. He physically lacks quickness in and out of his breaks. That's not something you can teach or get much better at, either you have the ability or you don't and he doesn't. What Evans' ceiling is would be a Vincent Jackson or a Plaxico Burris type of career. A solid #1 receiver but never considered a perennial all pro. Evans also has the tag of being a "boom or bust" type of prospect given his route running issues and the fact that there have been very few receivers in NFL history with his size. Is he Vincent Jackson or is he David Boston?

Watkins on the other hand is almost unanimously considered an elite "blue chip" WR prospect who actually does have the high ceiling of a perennial all pro.

We'll see who's right in the long run...With all due respect I'll put my admittedly amateur ability to evaluate talent up against yours every day of the week and twice on Sunday...

I watched every single bit of Evans Combine drills and most of his games at A&M...He's fine...I'm 100% comfortable with what I've seen of that kid on the field, and in drills...His potential is in the Alshon Jeffery/Brandon Marshall area...Will he reach that? Too many variables at this point to predict...But his size and athletic ability give him an excellent chance...

And why are you comparing him to Watkins anyway? They are two completely different animals...You think Megatron cuts like Steve Smith? Watkins and Evans are both great prospects in their own right, in their own unique ways...At 6-5 you're never going to run routes like a 6-0 quick-as-a-cat WR...But lets see who comes down with the jump ball in the back of the end-zone more often...It's all relative...

You're soap-boxing against Evans and not considering opposing viewpoints...Kind of like Matt Scott last year...People know football around here...You should consider that more often... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Evans does not "lack physical quickness in and out of his breaks."

Thats what you said.

I can't find anything to back up that statement.

I don't see how Watkins tape has anything to do with the statement you made.

Again, Awesome Crusade, Bro!

Exactly how is my opinion on Evans a crusade and your opinion is not? Why should I sit back and let your opinions go unchallenged when I feel you're misinforming fans?

It's a message board with opinions and debate. No need to get so upset with someone that has an opposite opinion than yours.

BTW, I've provided links to back up my statements.

Exactly how is my opinion on Evans a crusade and your opinion is not? Why should I sit back and let your opinions go unchallenged when I feel you're misinforming fans?

It's a message board with opinions and debate. No need to get so upset with someone that has an opposite opinion than yours.

BTW, I've provided links to back up my statements.

I see what you did there.

Spin everything around back on me. I'm not sure what misinformation you're refering to, the numbers from the NFL combine site? Or the Wikipedia link that describes what the drill helps give insight into?

It shouldn't come Across as anger it's more dismissive.

Is Lande aware that Jace Amaro's athleticism in imperial measurements is greater than Ebron's athleticism?

At least that's what the underwear Olympics aka combine says.

Anyone want to guess the Degrees of deprecation between Lande and Ebron's agent?

Ebron is a solid pro prospect Graham has a 6'7" ceiling. No matter what Ebron is still only 6'3". I wouldn't take Soldier Grapefruit with #9 overall pick either.

Is Lande aware that Jace Amaro's athleticism in imperial measurements is greater than Ebron's athleticism?

At least that's what the underwear Olympics aka combine says.

Anyone want to guess the Degrees of deprecation between Lande and Ebron's agent?

Ebron is a solid pro prospect Graham has a 6'7" ceiling. No matter what Ebron is still only 6'3". I wouldn't take Soldier Grapefruit with #9 overall pick either.

To be fair Ebron measured 6-4 3/8 at the Combine...I was wondering why that article had him listed at 6-3...

But anyway... B-)

To be fair Ebron measured 6-4 3/8 at the Combine...I was wondering why that article had him listed at 6-3...

But anyway... B-)

What's funny is I flipped back and forth twice to that article and was thinking, I didn't think he was 6'3".

Yeah that goes to show the validity of that cotton candy article.