Spikes confirmed visiting OBD. Confirmed Signed

I don't care if he said Buffalo sucks if the guy can stop the run which everyone else on the defense seems like can't and hasn't been able to for the last several years everyone else is just going to have to grow some thick skin.

Honestly, I do. It's the same attitude some people said about Lynch and McGahee. There are enough good players out there that you don't have to settle for scumbags. Spikes is SO overrated. Kinda fat and slow, can't cover anyone. He gets to run free behind Wilfork and make a ton of tackles. He would be badly exposed on a team with bad DTs. He might have been a great LB in the 1970s but not anymore.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I do. It's the same attitude some people said about Lynch and McGahee. There are enough good players out there that you don't have to settle for scumbags. Spikes is SO overrated. Kinda fat and slow, can't cover anyone. He gets to run free behind Wilfork and make a ton of tackles. He would be badly exposed on a team with bad DTs. He might have been a great LB in the 1970s but not anymore.

I would generally agree, but: (1) we have NO ILB currently, he can be depth for the guy we draft; and (2) we have good DT's in Williams and Marcel. Also, lest we all forget, the 90's Bills were known as the "Bickering Bills."

Edited by RyanC883

This. The days of a "2 down LB" are over or should be. It's a passing league and hoping to take a guy off the field in "obvious passing situations" means he shouldn't be on the field in anything other than short yardage situations because all other downs have become "obvious passing situations."

agree to a point.. that point being that NFL offenses have adapted well to the rule changes that benefit the passing game, but when the situation presents itself - they will still attack an obvious weakness. no one did a better job selling me on the need for a strong ILB than the Pats did in our last game.

I would generally agree, but: (1) we have NO ILB currently, he can be depth for the guy we draft; and (2) we have good DT's in Williams and Marcel.

..this.

I would generally agree, but: (1) we have NO ILB currently, he can be depth for the guy we draft; and (2) we have good DT's in Williams and Marcel. Also, lest we all forget, the 90's Bills were known as the "Bickering Bills."

I'd support him if they signed him but I think they can do better. He's just the name guy. Has he had any interest? And if he was better, I think Belichick woudl have let him slide more. I think the Pats realized he was very replacable.

could be 100% true but that seems to be a shaky trail of proof - @martymcfly88 simply tweeting what i assume to be a friend telling him that they saw him.....

might be the lb they have "on campus" though.

Edited by NoSaint

Kiko//Spikes//Lawson SOLID.

could be 100% true but that seems to be a shaky trail of proof - @martymcfly88 simply tweeting what i assume to be a friend telling him that they saw him.....

might be the lb they have "on campus" though.

that would be a bummer if it ends up being a false alarm.

Kiko//Spikes//Lawson SOLID.

that would be a bummer if it ends up being a false alarm.

sounds like kiko, spikes, rivers -- behind mario, KW, MD, and hughes/lawson with lawson providing some 2 way versatility positionally

with of course the big "if true" disclaimer

EXACTLY. Let's just hope...

I never said he wasn't decent or that he might not improve this team, but reread and think about what I said about him making comments about not liking Buffalo

Then think about the FA process, where BOTH sides have to agree on a contract. For the sounds of his comments, I'm going to say that he is not someone who is interested in signing a deal, especially not one of value for the Bills, to play in Buffalo.

Unless his opinion of Buffalo has changed and he is so desperate for a deal that no one else is offering him one, why would he chose to come somewhere he has trashed before? And shouldn't red flags go up that no one else seems to want to touch this guy thats apparently an upgrade here?

I was not trying to minimize what you said...Just trying to point out in NE at least they love the guy...So he can't be all that bad...

Players say stuff all the time...Especially in the heat of the moment...Spikes can be a handful no question...He's different and he likes to do things his way...He seemed to be a big time community guy in NE...I don't think the guy is Brian Cox...His position coach from NE is here now...I'm sure that could swing his opinion a bit...He would choose to come here IF it's his best opportunity, and IF the price is right...Not to mention it would give him the best chance to get back at Belichick...

We're talking about PFF's #2 ILB vs the run in the entire NFL...I understand he's not the best LB in coverage and that's why he's not signed yet...Which is going to push his price down...If the Bills can get him at a bargain rate I don't see why fences can't be mended...He made a couple dumb comments about the city...Do we really want to get ruffled feathers over a guy making a couple jokes about the city of Buffalo? Especially if he can help The Bills win football games? If so, we better start making a list of people who have made smartass comments about the city...this could take a while... B-)

Exactly...He fits a very specific need for this team and he may just be the most logical and affordable way to fill that need...That's all there is to it... B-)