Re: With the 1st pick of the 2014 Draft...

JTO

The Buffalo Bills Select, Eric Ebron out of the University of North Carolina. Just a hunch. After listening to Dougs interview yesterday he was asked what his favorite college game was. After a couple of seconds he replied, UNC vs Miami. Do yourself a favor, listen to the audio clip on WGR550.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have never watched higights of Ebron bc now I want the Bills to draft him. He looks a lot like Jimmy Graham

I was against taking Ebron at 9 bc I think there will be plenty of good TEs available in the second round but he would look really good in a Bills uniform

Edited by Max997

The Bills have Chandler, Mike Claussen, Chris Gragg and Mike Moeaki, there is no way they draft a TE.

1st Round pick, Best OT still on board. Either Matthews, Robinson or Taylor Lewan.

2nd Round pick, WR Kelvin Benjamin, EJ's favorite WR in college.

3rd round pick, DE Marcus Smith. Louisville

4th Round pick, FS Ed Reynolds. Stanford.

The Bills have Chandler, Mike Claussen, Chris Gragg and Mike Moeaki, there is no way they draft a TE.

1st Round pick, Best OT still on board. Either Matthews, Robinson or Taylor Lewan.

2nd Round pick, WR Kelvin Benjamin, EJ's favorite WR in college.

3rd round pick, DE Marcus Smith. Louisville

4th Round pick, FS Ed Reynolds. Stanford.

If Robinson or Matthews are on the board I think they have to take them but a playmaking TE is still a need as the only TE on the roster that isn't a question mark is Chandler who is prob better suited as the second TE. I know they like Moeaki but no one knows what they have in him, Claussen or Gragg so I can't see them passing up a TE they like because of what is currently on the roster

Exactly, Taking a TE is just wasting draft picks and/or $$. You can't keep dumping players or picks you just got without giving them time to mature and prove their worth or lack there of. You don't even list the blocking TE Lee Smith believe is his name, that makes five total. Likely two of those five will be cut, now we want to add a sixth. It's different with DB, lineman, evan receivers where you have a large number of them on the roster so not a big deal cutting one of the weaker ones to make room for a better player. But really think Chandler, Moeaki and Gragg are worth looking at unless they already know one of them isn't as good as they've been letting on.

What they don't have is that big WR which is why I'd like to see the pick be Evens. I'm almost hoping Watkins is gone by #9 which sounds like will be the case so no big debate as to which one to take. While I do think Watkins likely will be very good, to me he's another clone of Woods, may be better, but still very similar. Evens gives them something much different. (another James Hardy:) )

Buddy made a huge mistake in 2011, picking a DT over two game-breaking WRs. I don't think the Bills will make that mistake again (by taking an OT at 9). Evans is the pick.

I'm coming around to this side of the fence. Mike Evans would make me happy, that is, if Mack, Watkins, Robinson, and Matthews are off the board.

Exactly, Taking a TE is just wasting draft picks and/or $$. You can't keep dumping players or picks you just got without giving them time to mature and prove their worth or lack there of. You don't even list the blocking TE Lee Smith believe is his name, that makes five total. Likely two of those five will be cut, now we want to add a sixth. It's different with DB, lineman, evan receivers where you have a large number of them on the roster so not a big deal cutting one of the weaker ones to make room for a better player. But really think Chandler, Moeaki and Gragg are worth looking at unless they already know one of them isn't as good as they've been letting on.

What they don't have is that big WR which is why I'd like to see the pick be Evens. I'm almost hoping Watkins is gone by #9 which sounds like will be the case so no big debate as to which one to take. While I do think Watkins likely will be very good, to me he's another clone of Woods, may be better, but still very similar. Evens gives them something much different. (another James Hardy:) )

I just can't imagine going TE at 9...chandler, moaki, caussin, gragg, and lee smith ...I just don't see that being a smart personel move. I wouldn't hate it, but I'd be a bit confused by it.

Ebron is NOT your typical TE...If he was I would agree with the quoted posts...If you're looking at Ebron like you view Chandler, or Moeaki, then you're not understanding why Ebron is being considered for the #9 pick...

So consider this...In his Jr year alone Ebron had more yards than Moaki had in all his College years at Iowa combined...

If you want to find comparisons to Ebron you have to look at guys like Vernon Davis, and if he reaches his potential even Jimmy Graham...If the Bills are looking to take Ebron at #9 they will be looking for a game-changing TE who will be a match-up nightmare for Defenses...Ebron has enough athletic ability to split out wide...He just happens to be 250 lbs with 4.5 speed...He can block too, and I think he'll continue to get better in that area...

I'm leaning towards Mike Evans to the Bills...but I want them to come out of this 1st Round with either Evans or Ebron...Both are match-up weapons the Bills desperately need... B-)

The Bills trade back and and get two players instead of one. I like Benjamin more than Evans and I don't think we'd need to take him as early as nine.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Didn't Whaley also say he was happy with the TE's they have? I don't see them drafting TE @9 but a Sammy Watkins, or another trade down I could very easily see.

He also said he liked Powell as MLB then signed Spikes later that day so I wouldn't pay too much attention to what he says right now

This is how I'm viewing things now:

CB is set

LB is set

TE - from everything that has come out of the Bills appears to be set

RB is set

OL - paying Williams that much money you bet your butt that he's starting at LG, which only leaves RT up in the air still. Hairston? Draft? Pears?

WR - could add an elite player via draft

DL is set

S is not set unless they think Duke Williams is ready to go (which he may be)

So to me we're gonna have to address Safety, RT and possibly WR in the first 3 rounds and not in that order.

I just can't imagine going TE at 9...chandler, moaki, caussin, gragg, and lee smith ...I just don't see that being a smart personel move. I wouldn't hate it, but I'd be a bit confused by it.

I think the Bills really want Ebron and it's a very smart personnel move to pick him. Chandler has had only 4 touchdowns in his last 30 games. Think about that. The other guys are pretty much nobodies.

Ebron is a game changer and a couple years down the road there will be more than a few teams wishing they didn't pass on him in the top 10.