Re: With the 1st pick of the 2014 Draft...

JTO

Simply meant another high draft pick WR under achiever and a major disappointment if drafted. No, they aren't the same person. I'm a little concerned that Evans is at about the 40th percentile in speed and quickness. He is big, so maybe that's to be expected. Just not sure about him. If we pick him, I hope he can play at the next level against premier DBs.

"While Evans can get open with ease and out jump his defenders, he has just okay hands. He is very aggressive which can lead to push-off calls, but he is more physical than cheap. He is not a very good route runner due to tight hips that showed up in his mediocre 3 cone drill (7.08).

Evans also tends to get extremely emotional often. There were several games where he had to be talked to on the sideline and his mannerisms and attitude seemed similar to that of Dez Bryant. He has some maturity issues but is also very young still and is coachable."

Edited by Your Mom

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply meant another high draft pick WR under achiever and a major disappointment if drafted. No, they aren't the same person. I'm a little concerned that Evans is at about the 40th percentile in speed and quickness. He is big, so maybe that's to be expected. Just not sure about him. If we pick him, I hope he can play at the next level against premier DBs.

"While Evans can get open with ease and out jump his defenders, he has just okay hands. He is very aggressive which can lead to push-off calls, but he is more physical than cheap. He is not a very good route runner due to tight hips that showed up in his mediocre 3 cone drill (7.08).

Evans also tends to get extremely emotional often. There were several games where he had to be talked to on the sideline and his mannerisms and attitude seemed similar to that of Dez Bryant. He has some maturity issues but is also very young still and is coachable."

He isn't a very smooth runner, he flails all over the place. I didn't know hear about these other traits....I would rather the Bills passed on him.

Well...

You're comparing a 3rd round speed WR in Graham, that most scouts had as a 5th-7th round prospect, to an elite 6-5-225 prospect in Evans who had 2500 yds. and 17 TD's in only two years of SEC football...You don't put up those kind of numbers in the SEC on accident...

Evans is still a baby in terms of football growth...He's no where near a finished product...He won't be 21 till August...But his raw tools draw comparisons to players like Brandon Marshall...His upside is almost limitless...

No one...and I mean NO ONE questions that Evans is a bit of a gamble...But it's clearly a gamble on greatness...And much of the negative stuff you read about Evans mirrors the negatives that were written about Alshon Jeffery when he came out...Those questions led to Jeffery sliding into the 2nd round when he was clearly a high 1st round talent (at least I believed he was)...Everything comes down to coaching and finding a fit when a kid has as much natural talent as Evans does...

There's no comparison to Graham...I can see comparing him a bit to Dez Bryant in certain ways...But lets face it...The Bills could certainly use a Dez Bryant-type talent can they not? And I'll tell you right now that Evans is probably a smarter kid that Bryant is...I'll go out on that limb... B-)