Bills Top 9 War Room Picks for 1st Rd.

Owen

Bills War Room Draft Board......Could look something like this..

NOTE: These are players they want in order of preference in my opinion

1. DE Clowney .... most likely will be gone

2. OT Robinson ..... most likely will be gone

3. WR Watkins ...... most likely will be gone

4. OT Matthews .....There is a chance he is still on the board

5. OLB Mack ........ Most likely will be gone

6. WR Evans........ There is a chance he will be available

7. OT Lewan ....... There is a chance he will be available

8. TE Ebron ....... He should be available

9. MLB..Mosley ... He should be available

We never know which players will drop.. QBs might be hot for instance giving the Bills a better choice...

My order of Preference right now ... from what I have seen in free agency is: Draft OT Matthews,

WR Evans, or OT Lewan.. Bills need to find a Tall WR, and a starting OT in the draft..

Rule of Thumb is that the Bills will get one of the top 6 picks on this War Room Draft Board....

A trade could happen if a QB is wanted by another team... I doubt this will happen however.\

Not this year...Bills would be so lucky if it did however.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they pick a RT at 9 they should all be fired. Least important player on either side of the ball and no team wins games due to a dominant RT. LT, ok...RT never.

Top 10 picks should be impact players and difference makers, which no RT ever in NFL history has been.

They can get a starter at RT in the 3rd or 4th round and be completely fine---day 1 starter.

Let's stop the insanity with an RT at pick 9. They would get laughed out of the draft by other GMs and personnel people and deservedly so.

Trade back.

A top ten pick can be signed for 5 years. A team needing a certain position and on the successful rebuild would like to get a good player on a 5 year contract. This is a valuable benefit of being top 10.

My preference (this week)

1) Mike Evans - hasn't even come close to peeking yet.

2) Anthony Barr - Big LB that should be able to cause problems for big TEs.

3) Mosely - best pure ILB in the draft.

I also like the idea of getting EJs boy - Benjamin but just not at 9.

If they pick a RT at 9 they should all be fired. Least important player on either side of the ball and no team wins games due to a dominant RT. LT, ok...RT never.

Top 10 picks should be impact players and difference makers, which no RT ever in NFL history has been.

They can get a starter at RT in the 3rd or 4th round and be completely fine---day 1 starter.

Let's stop the insanity with an RT at pick 9. They would get laughed out of the draft by other GMs and personnel people and deservedly so.

good point.

Is there a player we can draft at 9 that we know would start for the 2014? Watkins would be 2nd/3rd WR, and still see limited playing time. The OT's/OG's would likely get playing time, but would they start all season? Would it be worth it?

Does he have to start? (thinking of seifer's 9'ers...)

It also would most likely mean letting a 1st round pick leave after his rookie deal, or letting Cordy Glenn leave after his rookie deal. Wouldn't make sense to give monster contracts to two offensive tackles.

I'm hoping WR, TE or LB.

Edited by Aaron

If you consider all of the starting positions, RT and FS are the weakest positions on the Bills roster. Whaley says they already have a SS on the roster, so no safety at #9. If a starting RT is available in the second or third round, no need to take one at #9. My guess is they either trade down or take BPA.

Mosely is not a top 10 pick. He is a mid to late first rounder. LB's who dont rush the passer always drop in drafts unless they are absolutely special like Patrick Willis or Luke Kuechley.

If I had to make a top 10 board after all the moves we made it would look something like this

1. Jadaveon Clowney DE South Carolina

2. Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo

3. Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

4. Greg Robinson OT Auburn

5. Jake Matthews OT Texas A & M

6. Mike Evans WR Texas A & M

7. Eric Ebron TE North Carolina

8. Zach Martin OT/OG Notre Dame

9. Taylor Lewan OT Michigan

Trade back.

A top ten pick can be signed for 5 years. A team needing a certain position and on the successful rebuild would like to get a good player on a 5 year contract. This is a valuable benefit of being top 10.

I agree with you on the trade bac scenario -I think this is a deep draft and the Bills could always use extra picks.

But regarding contract length, every first round pick has a 5th year option, not just the top 10.

I agree with you on the trade bac scenario -I think this is a deep draft and the Bills could always use extra picks.

But regarding contract length, every first round pick has a 5th year option, not just the top 10.

You sure? I've seen it said several times... There was something, maybe I am mistaken special about a top 10 pick.

You sure? I've seen it said several times... There was something, maybe I am mistaken special about a top 10 pick.

National Football Post had an interesting take on how the 5th year option has backfired on players and agents.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/A-storm-is-brewing-1567.html

And I just saw this interesting tidbit from Florio - sounds to be like its better to be outside the top 10 if you think talent is flat!

"For players taken in the top 10, the fifth-year option equals the transition tender for the player’s position in the fourth year of his contract. (The transition tender is based on the average of the 10 highest-paid players at the position.) For players taken from No. 11 through No. 32, the option arises from the average of the 25 highest-paid players at the position, with the top three excluded."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/13/fifth-year-options-for-2011-first-round-picks-likely-wont-be-exercised-before-may-3/

Just keep bringing in badasses with size, who love to hit people and win...I want the biggest and nastiest football team in the NFL.

I will be 100% content with anybody EXCEPT an offensive lineman...get some playmakers for the offense.

so you'd like them to draft?

It also would most likely mean letting a 1st round pick leave after his rookie deal, or letting Cordy Glenn leave after his rookie deal. Wouldn't make sense to give monster contracts to two offensive tackles.

I'm hoping WR, TE or LB.

The Bills will always be well under the cap until they hit on a QB. Until that time there will be more than enough to go around. Once they renegotiate that QB's contract then you can worry about whether the team can afford to keep so & so. Take the best damn player who fits or trade back assuming someone is willing.

Beerball, I just think once that contract is up, the player would jet to a city where he can play LT. Both for money and recognition.

That could be true, but I'm still of the mind that you target the BPA. That's a really good position to be in, and a rarity for the Bills. The past few years we've had so many glaring needs, last year an the QB position is a prime example, it's nice to have the luxury of not having a huge hole to fill. Whaley did a fine job plugging holes with free agents.

Now Chris Brown's statement, made several weeks ago, rings true. Then...not so much. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/165971-chris-brown-buffalo-has-virtually-no-dire-positional-needs/

Mosely is not a top 10 pick. He is a mid to late first rounder. LB's who dont rush the passer always drop in drafts unless they are absolutely special like Patrick Willis or Luke Kuechley.

If I had to make a top 10 board after all the moves we made it would look something like this

1. Jadaveon Clowney DE South Carolina

2. Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo

3. Sammy Watkins WR Clemson

4. Greg Robinson OT Auburn

5. Jake Matthews OT Texas A & M

6. Mike Evans WR Texas A & M

7. Eric Ebron TE North Carolina

8. Zach Martin OT/OG Notre Dame

9. Taylor Lewan OT Michigan

Almost what I have, and same players; I have Lewan over Martin, then Ebron

I see some on here like Mosley. I got some advice .....STAY AWAY. I really watched him in the bowl game..HORRIBLE. Looked weak and bad reads. Got pushed around . Made very few tackles

Add the fact that Mosley has medical issues and isn't the downhill thumper we needed before Spikes signing.

After the FA signings I'm hopping onto the Ebron bandwagon unless Watkins magically falls.

Would at least challenge Chandler for starting spot immediatley, and would at the very least be a big help in the red zone.

RT can be found in the mid rounds, i could see them drafting two like the Sanders and Calloway draft (with hopefully better results=P).

Remember the Jets found Austin Howard as a UDFA, Bobby Massie(ARI) was a third/forth rounder and Jordan Mills from the Bears was also a mid rounder.

Cyrus Kouandijo seems to be dropping from a subpar combine, 2nd/3rd round maybe? Not exactly sure where he stands atm.