Jim Kelly treated for cancer recurrence

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pure speculation here.......I saw in Peter King's article some comments about him getting 'antibiotics' etc. I suspect JK has some form of infection that they are trying to eradicate pre-chemo. Given the sinus involvement with his tumor, perhaps he has a sinus blockage/infection. Again...pure speculation.

Depending on the type of chemo he gets, there can be near (or even complete) eradication of the white cells which aid in fighting infections. Suffice it to say, you don't start chemo when someone has an infection unless you absolutely have to. In those scenarios, you weigh the risk/benefits and proceed if delay is not an option. Other possible causes of fever include: drug fever (?other meds he has received...who knows), tumor lysis (though I doubt that here), blood clots (no mention of this anywhere), and lots of other uncommon causes.

Thanks very much!

They even got it wrong in the article as they contradicted themselves by first acknowledging the play was a TD pass to Reed and then alluding to "the sack resulting in the injury." Can't have a sack on a TD pass.

Love how they referred to Haslett and Smerlas. And it's one of the things I always loved about Kelly; he didn't kowtow to the veteran leadership on that team. Kelly made it his own from the moment he came to town. Haslett, Smerlas, Devlin, Jones all resented him for it.

GO BILLS!!!

I think everybody knows what they mean by a sack!

The thing about Kelly taking over leadership, I remember when he very first got here, he said he's not the leader. Guys like Joe Deviln are. He's just a player coming in.

I know a year or two later, it was then said that Kelly is the unquestioned leader.............What I don't remember is Devlin, Smerlas, etc. resenting him..................I think Haslett only played one game with Kelly - didn't Kelly only play the final preseason game of '86 and then Haslett was cut that next week?

Thanks very much!

I think everybody knows what they mean by a sack!

The thing about Kelly taking over leadership, I remember when he very first got here, he said he's not the leader. Guys like Joe Deviln are. He's just a player coming in.

I know a year or two later, it was then said that Kelly is the unquestioned leader.............What I don't remember is Devlin, Smerlas, etc. resenting him..................I think Haslett only played one game with Kelly - didn't Kelly only play the final preseason game of '86 and then Haslett was cut that next week?

After the second series of his first game against the Jets, Kelly came off the field and got in the faces of the OL as they sat on the bench, demanding they give him time because guys were getting open. That didn't sit well with Devlin and Jones who never had a QB talk to them like that, let alone a rookie big shot with the fattest Bills contract ever signed. As humble as he tried to be when he was first signed, from the moment he took the field for his first practice, Kelly started asserting his leadership on the offensive side of the ball. It was great to see.

GO BILLS!!!