Now the Pats Have Added Brandon Browner

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read that the Pats have now agreed to terms with former Seahawk CB Brandon Browner . . . the rich get richer and sign good players . . . and we sign "depth". The more things change . . .

Oh for crissake...his career is almost the exact same as Corey Graham, except Browner's a year older and has one third the tackles. Also, they're losing a ton of important players. Let's step back from the ledge here :).

He's suspended the first 4 games of 2014, but man, Browner is a beast :(

I believe you are thinking about one of his running mates in the Hawks backfield. Browner was good because he was able to rely on WR's fears to run inside routes with Seatlle's top tier Safety duo. However, he was called for way too many holding penalties and the Hawks have since found him very replaceable. Nothing to make us too fearful

Obviously the OP doesn't know much about this guy. He is a human holding penalty. Seattle wanted nothing to do with him. He will be tragically bad for the Patriots as he is targeted relentlessly opposite Revis.

Holding is nothing to worry about when you play for the Pats.

I just read that the Pats have now agreed to terms with former Seahawk CB Brandon Browner . . . the rich get richer and sign good players . . . and we sign "depth". The more things change . . .

who freakin gives a crap! The Bills have to get better. The Bills have to learn to win. The Bills have to learn how to finish games. Once we do that, we'll be fine. I don't worry about the evil empire does. Tom Brady can't play forever and hopefully when he's done, we are filling in that void!

Go Bills!

Obviously the OP doesn't know much about this guy. He is a human holding penalty. Seattle wanted nothing to do with him. He will be tragically bad for the Patriots as he is targeted relentlessly opposite Revis.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2013/12/18/seattle-seahawks-brandon-browner-suspended-nfl-substance-abuse-policy/4117903/

Ah, it has more to do with the fact he's just not very good at taking tests.

As many have said in many other threads, you don’t build the core of your team through free agency. It hasn’t worked for any of the teams that have tried, at least that I recall. It didn’t work for the Dolphins last year, didn’t work for the Eagles “dream team” from a few years ago, didn’t work for the Redskins despite their many tries over the past 15 years and it didn’t work for the Bills when they signed Mario.

IMO, the only time it makes sense to really spend on the top FAs is when you already have that core and just need those few pieces to get over the hump and win a championship. So it makes sense to me with what teams like the Broncos are doing. The *Pats* are trying to make that last push before Mrs. Brady hangs them up so I get why they would try as well. Does anyone really think that even if we had signed Byrd and Levitre to those huge deals and then signed a bunch of high priced free agents that they would be the missing pieces to a championship? I don’t unless one of those top FAs was a QB. Until we have one of those – and hopefully EJ ends up being that guy – I believe solid drafting, resigning the guys THAT WANT TO BE HERE and adding a few role player type of FAs is the better path to take. That way, in theory, when we do have that core, we still have some cap space to go get that missing piece and hopefully we can finally win the big one.