You know you are a drunk when...

plenzmd1

So we are in Orlando going to Magic Kingdom for fireworks tonight, and I am going to liquor store first to get Jack to put in a coke bottle ( they let you bring stuff in !)...cause lord knows could not go to Disney World without a cocktail!

Got me thinking there are prolly a hundred stories on here when it hit you

Maybe I drink too much when I did..????? Fill in the story

Edited by plenzmd1

Maybe I (used to) drink to much when I can go through half a bottle of liquor and there are no dirty glasses in the dishwasher. Or when you buy beer based on the ABV and nothing else.

BTW has the makings of a great thread. I'm sure I'll have plenty more.

Edited by Chef Jim

Speaking of Disney... They can't be all that bad. I was reading, on their cruises, they have one of the most liberal BYOB (or A for alcohol) policies in the cruise line business.

Anyway... "Maybe I drink too much when I accidently passed my spiked bottle of coke to my 11 year old child. I guess that is one way to get them to sleep on a long car ride."

;-)

When you go out to the bars on the first weekend back to school, and your roommates who you haven't really met yet think (for about a week) you are rich because you got dropped off at your new apartment in a limousine. And you still aren't totally sure whose limo it was and how you got in it.

This past summer, I woke up under my Father's boat in the driveway with vomit all over my hands. After some investigation, I learned that I partied with friends in Oswego (45 minute drive from home) the night before. My friends said that I disappeared from the bar at around midnight, and they could not find me. I have absolutely no idea how I got to my parent's house. I also found vomit all over the exterior door handle and lock of my parent's house, which leads me to believe that I tried to unlock the door, began puking on my hands, and then just resigned to sleep under the boat. Yeah, my wife thought it was really cute.

Freakin gin...

Maybe I drink too much when I stayed out partying until 2ish, had to be to work at 7AM. Halfway to work blew chunks on the passenger side floorboard of my new truck. When I got to work, the owners were standing outside, so I just got out and locked the truck and went about my day. We were very busy that day so I could not get back to my truck until 5......it was ripe.

When you are 16 years old, pretty new to drinking at the time, kill a whole bottle of cheap vodka at a beach party with a bunch of friends, are camping out on the beach in a massive tent, and later proceed to sleep walk to the corner of said tent in the middle of the night, whip out your junk, and take a piss inside the tent with about 5 or 6 other people sleeping in it.

Not one of my proudest moments.

Seven of us snuck through barbed wire and landmines, avoided south Vietnamese patrols and went into the town of Pleiku at night which was crawling wth VC control at the time. Then snuck back through landmines and barbed wire.....In a lifetime of dumb things this really ranks up there...Booze had a lot to do with the planning ad execution of thi adventure.

When you go out to the bars on the first weekend back to school, and your roommates who you haven't really met yet think (for about a week) you are rich because you got dropped off at your new apartment in a limousine. And you still aren't totally sure whose limo it was and how you got in it.

Was there some Yankees memorabilia in the limo?

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

See some of you are confusing You know you are a drunk with You know you are drunk.

The difference is we've all gotten drunk and done stupid **** but being A drunk is you do things a drunkard would do on a regular basis. Mine for instance. Drinking hard liquor right from the bottle and choosing my beer based on it's ABV and nothing else. I suffered through drinking IPA's, you know pine needles steeped in grapefruit juice then chilled, because they tended to have the highest alcohol content. So step it up guys.

Here's another one.

Me: What have you got to drink?

Friend: Gin

Me: Just gin?

Friend: Yup

Me: !@#$ I hate gin. Dammit!! Really, that's all you have?

Friend: Why would I lie?

Me: Because I'm sweating and shaking that's why you !@#$stick

Friend: Well it's the truth

Me: FUK FUK FUK.!!! Ok, what do you have that I can at least mix it with?

Friend: Nothin'

Me: Nothin'? What are you !@#$ing insane? Straight gin???

Friend: I have ice. I can make you a martini?

Me: What do I look like a lawnmower in need of fuel. Iced gin??? That **** is so bad the only rock band that will write a song about it is Kiss

Friend: Sorry man....

Me: Sigh..........ok make it a double.

Friend: Coming up.

:beer:

The first item you pack for family trips is a fresh bottle of Laphroaig 10 year Cask Strength (my daily go to). When said trip lasts more than 3 nites, you pack a second bottle. Mind you....we will be out to dinner every nite drinking beer, wine etc., and grab a roadie from the hotel bar on the way upstairs. But hotel bars close early and I tend to be nocturnal.