2014 NFL UFA Visits, Signings, and Re-signings

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, these two are getting no love at all.

Even the Browns didn't sign them and they currently have 2 QBs under contract - Brian Hoyer and Alex Tanney.

There will be a secondary round of UFA signings after the draft as teams cannot address all of their needs in the draft. Also, more vets will be released after the draft to add to the pool of available players. These two will be in camp somewhere I believe.

the Browns will match. it's a no brainer.

they took a chance with the transition tag that the market would come in for less and they lost. without compensation they have little choice but to keep him.

that was an easy decision

Browns match Alex Mack offer

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10768434/cleveland-browns-match-offer-sheet-jacksonville-jaguars-alex-mack

We all expected this. Mack may not be the best Center in the game, but it would have been foolish for the Browns to let him walk.

As a Browns fan, I disagree. :) He isn't a great Center, we will continue to not be able to run the ball, it was a desperation move by the Browns. The reason they have the money to pay this to a Center is because they have no other players. I am surprised they place such a high value on Mack.

As a Browns fan, I disagree. :) He isn't a great Center, we will continue to not be able to run the ball, it was a desperation move by the Browns. The reason they have the money to pay this to a Center is because they have no other players. I am surprised they place such a high value on Mack.

Well, obviously they were not the only team to value him so highly.

I liken it to the decision the Bills had to make with Levitre. The decision to let him go was good, but their plan to replace him wasn't.

Well, obviously they were not the only team to value him so highly.

Good player, better agent. Two very inexperienced GMs with money to burn due to lack of good players on their rosters. JMO. Also - the contract states they can't tag or trade him. He can void it after year 2. So we are forcing him to play here for two more lousy years because they didn't want to sign him to a long term deal in the first place. So yes, they are letting him walk for nothing. In 2 years. Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

Good player, better agent. Two very inexperienced GMs with money to burn due to lack of good players on their rosters. JMO. Also - the contract states they can't tag or trade him. He can void it after year 2. So we are forcing him to play here for two more lousy years because they didn't want to sign him to a long term deal in the first place. So yes, they are letting him walk for nothing. In 2 years.

I agree with you that, long-term, this was not well-played by Cleveland. Had they locked him long term prior to FA they would be in a much better situation. Often, they can't seem to see past the bridge of their nose. Yes, they are better woith him there for the next 2 years than without him. They don't need to draft a C to start right away. The issue becomes that they will most likely lose him in 2 years when, seemingly, that might be a chance for them to be good IF they land and develop the right QB this year. So then they start over at Center when they need him the most. They haven't been able to run the ball with him there, anyway. They could have used that money to aid in extensions that need to get done for impact players like Joe Haden, Josh Gordon, and Jordan Cameron. All young players in their rookie deals who could want to test the FA market without getting extended now. On the surface, with where they put themselves with Mack, they probably had to match it to save face. But no other team than Jax stepped up with a deal for Mack and we are more than a month past FA starting. Interesting. Edited by YoloinOhio