Iphone 5 water damage; But I have an idea and help

Ok. So the phone went through the wash cycle. I tried the rice trick. Waited 3 days then turned it on. Nothing happens.

Phone appears to be dead.

Does anyone think the battery is just dead?

I already got her another phone. But before I run the phone over with my bat many times, (lol), can a simple battery change fix it? Or is the motherf...board dead. Batteries are going for 15 bucks on Ebay. Waste of money? Wast of time?

Chef dont even post here. I need real answers.

iphone-microwave.jpg

Its worth a shot!

That's idiotic. You don't have to put the PHONE in the microwave. Just the charger cable. Just coil it around a 1" wooden dowel (the longer the cable, the better), out the microwave door, into the phone, and nuke.

Now, of course I have to go get an old microwave from Goodwill, and try that with my old Droid and a 6' micro-USB cable.

Is there a way to take it all apart. They built it all together? Then hit the parts with a blow dryer? LoL... I mean, you can take it to one of those places in the mall that replaces screens and what not.

iphone-microwave.jpg

Its worth a shot!

Is this for real? LoL

Oh... Tom, forget the Goodwill thing. Use work's microwave... Toss a back of popcorn in it @ the same time, then blame it on Orville Reddenbocker if something goes terribly wrong! ;-)

Oh... Tom, forget the Goodwill thing. Use work's microwave... Toss a back of popcorn in it @ the same time, then blame it on Orville Reddenbocker if something goes terribly wrong! ;-)

We don't have a microwave at work. You think popcorn's bad? People kept microwaving fish for lunch...

We don't have a microwave at work. You think popcorn's bad? People kept microwaving fish for lunch...

I'd fire someone who microwaved fish at work.

Ok I don't get the point of that phone in the microwave. If you're going to set something on fire you might as well be funny.

Ok. So the phone went through the wash cycle. I tried the rice trick. Waited 3 days then turned it on. Nothing happens.

Phone appears to be dead.

Does anyone think the battery is just dead?

I already got her another phone. But before I run the phone over with my bat many times, (lol), can a simple battery change fix it? Or is the motherf...board dead. Batteries are going for 15 bucks on Ebay. Waste of money? Wast of time?

Chef dont even post here. I need real answers.

Boil it ... It will dry it out.

Ok I don't get the point of that phone in the microwave. If you're going to set something on fire you might as well be funny.

The point of the charger cord in the microwave is that microwaves have enough energy to knock electrons out of the valence band of the wire into the conduction band, and generate an electric current.

The point of the phone in the microwave is either that people at Harvard are morons, or that people at Harvard are trolling morons. I can't decide which...but "rearranging electrons in your battery to gather at the negative terminal" is a truly masterful piece of bull ****. :lol:

That's idiotic. You don't have to put the PHONE in the microwave. Just the charger cable. Just coil it around a 1" wooden dowel (the longer the cable, the better), out the microwave door, into the phone, and nuke.

Now, of course I have to go get an old microwave from Goodwill, and try that with my old Droid and a 6' micro-USB cable.

the image is all part of a long series of trolling by various people. 4chan had a ton of similar pictures/infograms when the iPhone first came out to troll every idiot that went and got them first.

Also I got sent to HR for an ass chewing once for making signs for microwaves that said "no fish" with a crossed off fish. Evidently, I need tom be sensitive to ??? And needed approval for such things.

Damn I should have typed. Chef, dc, buffalo bill, all you suckers (if the shoe fits)

thanks for this great help.

ps. i should have known

I thought you worked at goodwill. Just get one from your early bird stash and youtube for us. thanks.

I'd fire someone who microwaved fish at work.

Very funny youtube. Hey I thought I told you not to post here!! Just kidding.

Boil it ... It will dry it out.

Boil fish? Like fish soup. Hmmm. Tasty!

Some people have had success with putting water damaged phones in the oven to dry them out but I don't remember the temp/time and I am sure you can google it.

It's been 2 weeks. The phone is dry inside and out. I most likely fried my phone by attempting to turn the phone on while it was still wet inside. That zaps your phone in most cases. I learned this fact later.

Meaning if your phone ever falls in a pool or something. Don't panic. Just don't turn your phone on for a few days.

Also I got sent to HR for an ass chewing once for making signs for microwaves that said "no fish" with a crossed off fish. Evidently, I need tom be sensitive to ??? And needed approval for such things.

Hope HR taught you a hard lesson that day. You can't just walk around posting up pics of crossed out fish.

Worked at TWA airlines long time ago. Burnt popcorn and fish was the theme of the breakrooms.

Boil fish? Like fish soup. Hmmm. Tasty!

It's been 2 weeks. The phone is dry inside and out. I most likely fried my phone by attempting to turn the phone on while it was still wet inside. That zaps your phone in most cases. I learned this fact later.

Meaning if your phone ever falls in a pool or something. Don't panic. Just don't turn your phone on for a few days.

What happens if the phone is on when it falls in? :nana:

Actually, a co-worker dropped his cell phone in the river... He called it and it was ringing! LoL... We are de-watering the lock in the next couple of years, hope he finds it then... Actually, should be pretty cool, through the years we've lost a lot of things, tools, radios, my favorite snow shovel (I was shoveling and hit a crack in the pavement and it flew out my hands into the gate recesss)... Going to be interesting to see if anything shows up. I am going to invest in a metal detector. We used to have a guy that would fling your dishes and silverware into the lock chamber if you left them dirty in the sink (and forgot to wash them). :D

The point of the charger cord in the microwave is that microwaves have enough energy to knock electrons out of the valence band of the wire into the conduction band, and generate an electric current.

The point of the phone in the microwave is either that people at Harvard are morons, or that people at Harvard are trolling morons. I can't decide which...but "rearranging electrons in your battery to gather at the negative terminal" is a truly masterful piece of bull ****. :lol:

I get what you are saying about the batteries but what about a small animal? Couldn't it get superpowers like shooting lightning bolts out of its paws? Look what silica did for Sammy.

I asked him to try this and he said some choice words and ran.

I am babysitting my Aunt Irene's two new kittens. Hmmmmmmm

I get what you are saying about the batteries but what about a small animal? Couldn't it get superpowers like shooting lightning bolts out of its paws? Look what silica did for Sammy.

I asked him to try this and he said some choice words and ran.

I am babysitting my Aunt Irene's two new kittens. Hmmmmmmm

Update:

I think Mittens might be gradually getting the superpower. His front paws keep twitching.

On a side note and since this is a consumer products thread, does anyone know if those Shamwow things work on all sorts of liquid and goo or just on water?

What happens if the phone is on when it falls in? :nana:

Actually, a co-worker dropped his cell phone in the river... He called it and it was ringing! LoL... We are de-watering the lock in the next couple of years, hope he finds it then... Actually, should be pretty cool, through the years we've lost a lot of things, tools, radios, my favorite snow shovel (I was shoveling and hit a crack in the pavement and it flew out my hands into the gate recesss)... Going to be interesting to see if anything shows up. I am going to invest in a metal detector. We used to have a guy that would fling your dishes and silverware into the lock chamber if you left them dirty in the sink (and forgot to wash them). :D

It's nowhere near as entertaining as a phone in the river, but something like 8 years ago my dad lost his phone somewhere while leaving work around Christmas time. At the end of the winter, he found it in a mostly melted snowbank in his parking lot. I told him to have some fun and try charging it. It still worked.